ASB Bank Management reviews

Complex, flexi hours, state of art technology, staff benefits, fun place
Finance Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Auckland Harbour, Auckland North Wharf30 May 2017
enjoyed the people and work culture, top state of the art technology available, opportunities for growth, but location not convenient for me.

Have flexible hours if permanent, and has staff bank privileges if permanent. Not ideal for temp roles, no bank privileges.

Great CEO and management, bound by overall bank process.

High in innovative ideas.
eye opening
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Auckland new zealand28 March 2017
I loved working for the visa center. Was my 1st job after high school.
Management was great and the small team I worked with took me under their wing and I truly believe I learnt my work ethic off these great people.
Productive and Supportive management
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Mount Eden, Auckland19 March 2017
Since banking was a whole new industry for me, trainers gave a good training for us to succeed in the role.

Unbeatable team compared to all the managements i have worked along, really respects for each and every senior team members to management.
Pros
Lots of banking facilities specially for staff
Rewarding
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Auckland New Zealand15 March 2017
One of my favorite Companies to work for, very challenging, friendly environment, gained a lot of knowledge and experience from ASB Bank and they really look after you. I enjoyed working for ASB and thankful for the support and experience during my time there.
Pros
Flexible hours, an hour lunch, early finish every Friday, happy hour on Fridays, Team buildings, gifts on special occasions like Easter, Christmas and New Years, we also received gifts from the management Team and you get to have a day off on your birthday.
Great company, great culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Auckland25 February 2017
ASB is a fantastic organisation. Senior management fosters an outstanding culture, which makes it an enjoyable place to work. I have been given development opportunities at every step and would highly recommend ASB to anyone looking.
Fantastic company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland23 January 2017
A great company to work for because of its culture about the community and its people.

Things changed when the company was taken over by a bigger Australian bank. The people and community culture shifted.

I had worked with colleagues for over 20 years and it was and still is a fun place to work for.

A typical day would be everyone is self motivated to come in and start their day. Daily debriefs were common, and weekly target meeting updates occurred. This was consistent throughout the organisation. Everyone had a role and the company was very well structured.

The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the changes whether with process improvement or technology. You learned to embrace and go with it as it was guaranteed to make life a little easier.
Pros
Caring management from CEO to team leaders
Cons
Perception some teams were not accountable to the bottom line as seen with their team spends
Great place to work.
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland,1 July 2015
Everyday was different to the previous one with lots of support from co-workers and management. The role allowed me to utilise my skills and pass this knowledge onto my co-workers. The office had a 'work hard,play hard' culture that I greatly enjoyed.
Pros
Lots of morning teas and celebrations.
Cons
Extaction and collation of business data into spreadsheets and bank's database
Risk Administrator (Former Employee) –  Auckland28 July 2014
As above, inputting data into various spreadsheets and databases and distributed to the various business departments.

Management was sound and it was a pleasant working environment.
Newly established trading bank seeking to expand in NZ
Business Banking Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellington, New Zealand1 April 2014
Totally new operation in Wellington having only previously operated in the Auckland and Northland areas. Came from a Savings Bank operation which was an issue. Senior Management also came from this background and were thrust into new roles that not all were suited for.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Bank had a savings bank attitude
Best company and team I've ever worked for
Personal Assistant / Administration  (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand13 June 2013
ASB is a New Zealand bank owned by the Commonwealth Bank, which is listed on the Australian Stock Exchange. It provides a variety of financial services including retail, business, rural and institutional banking, funds management, as well as insurance and securities. I was the Personal Assistant to two of the General Managers over in Auckland. One team consisted of 150 staff and the other team totaled 90 staff. I wouldn’t only help the General Managers with their daily admin tasks; I would also help all of their Heads in charge along with about 40 of their other Managers.

•a typical day at work - Would range from projects to answering phones

•what you learned - How to prioritise, build rapport & customer service

•management - I worked along two General Managers & 20 Team Leaders and about 300 staff. It was great dealing with all levels within the organisation

•your co-workers - My team was like my second family. It was very hard leaving them but well worth the move

•the hardest part of the job - Pressure from two General Managers at the same time but I really enjoy the challenges it comes with

•the most enjoyable part of the job - Multi tasking, no day is ever the same
Pros
Bonuses, Free Living Assurance & Life Insurances, Yearly Pay Increases
Cons
No Parking