ASB Bank
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
ASB Bank Employee Review

Best company and team I've ever worked for

13 June 2013
ASB is a New Zealand bank owned by the Commonwealth Bank, which is listed on the Australian Stock Exchange. It provides a variety of financial services including retail, business, rural and institutional banking, funds management, as well as insurance and securities. I was the Personal Assistant to two of the General Managers over in Auckland. One team consisted of 150 staff and the other team totaled 90 staff. I wouldn’t only help the General Managers with their daily admin tasks; I would also help all of their Heads in charge along with about 40 of their other Managers.

•a typical day at work - Would range from projects to answering phones

•what you learned - How to prioritise, build rapport & customer service

•management - I worked along two General Managers & 20 Team Leaders and about 300 staff. It was great dealing with all levels within the organisation

•your co-workers - My team was like my second family. It was very hard leaving them but well worth the move

•the hardest part of the job - Pressure from two General Managers at the same time but I really enjoy the challenges it comes with

•the most enjoyable part of the job - Multi tasking, no day is ever the same
Pros
Bonuses, Free Living Assurance & Life Insurances, Yearly Pay Increases
Cons
No Parking
25 March 2020
Wealth Operations Consultant (Former Employee) - auckland. New Zealand
great facilities and environment, hostile managers, understaffed. Did have a chance to learn and do lots though. Pay was average, often had to work long hours but not too much. Quite difficult to further your career
9 March 2020
Analyst (Current Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
Large corporate that means change takes time.

Business casual attire and many opportunities to progress internally.

Self-directed learning and minimal guidance to overcome issues.
27 January 2020
Manager (Payments & Allocations) (Former Employee) - Auckland New Zealand
Fast past and target driven. Making sure realistic targets are being set and staff achieve targets. Managing day to day processing. Supporting the team, coaching and training.