ASB Bank Employee Review

Best company and team I've ever worked for
Personal Assistant / Administration (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand13 June 2013
ASB is a New Zealand bank owned by the Commonwealth Bank, which is listed on the Australian Stock Exchange. It provides a variety of financial services including retail, business, rural and institutional banking, funds management, as well as insurance and securities. I was the Personal Assistant to two of the General Managers over in Auckland. One team consisted of 150 staff and the other team totaled 90 staff. I wouldn’t only help the General Managers with their daily admin tasks; I would also help all of their Heads in charge along with about 40 of their other Managers.

•a typical day at work - Would range from projects to answering phones

•what you learned - How to prioritise, build rapport & customer service

•management - I worked along two General Managers & 20 Team Leaders and about 300 staff. It was great dealing with all levels within the organisation

•your co-workers - My team was like my second family. It was very hard leaving them but well worth the move

•the hardest part of the job - Pressure from two General Managers at the same time but I really enjoy the challenges it comes with

•the most enjoyable part of the job - Multi tasking, no day is ever the same
Pros
Bonuses, Free Living Assurance & Life Insurances, Yearly Pay Increases
Cons
No Parking

Other ASB Bank Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland18 June 2019
Loved it, the job, the people, the culture.
Mostly the ability to help people make things better for themselves.
Make a difference that matters to peoples financial well being
Pros
Good staff benefits
Cons
Long hours on a salary. Pressure, stress
Career development and growth within the company
Card Maintenance Officer (Former Employee) –  Auckland2 June 2019
Strong culture in self development, career progression. Provides a wide range of internal workshops that you can go to, it's up to you as to how far you want to progress and what success and achievement means to you.
A digitally focused company looking towards the future and the bigger picture. Company values it's staff by way of small gestures (Easter and Christmas gifts). Diverse and culturally active in the community and workplace. I enjoyed my time here (7 years).
Pros
Great friendships made
Cons
Wage was avg