ASB Bank
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ASB Bank Employee Reviews

New Zealand47 reviews
Fast paced
Enjoyed the work load and customer contact immensely but the downfall was the sales targets having to sell products to people as the pressure from above was on. Good team of staff.
Excellent Staff Culture
ASB highly value their staff and their progression.
ASB encourage flexible working and agile learning. The IT department strive to improve customer experience and always concentrate on improvement.
Pros
Banking benefits
Cons
Complex, flexi hours, state of art technology, staff benefits, fun place
enjoyed the people and work culture, top state of the art technology available, opportunities for growth, but location not convenient for me.

Have flexible hours if permanent, and has staff bank privileges if permanent. Not ideal for temp roles, no bank privileges.

Great CEO and management, bound by overall bank process.

High in innovative ideas.
A typical day would be running morning meeting at a branch, thereafter having a one on one session with non producing source, meetings with clients whether new or old and before leaving the client, to ask for referrals.

ASB has a very solid ONE TEAM system where everyone works for everyone;referring to each other and acknowledging each others.

The hardest part of the job was the changes made to this incredible oiled and working system.

The whole team works as a family.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Incredible changes.
eye opening
I loved working for the visa center. Was my 1st job after high school.
Management was great and the small team I worked with took me under their wing and I truly believe I learnt my work ethic off these great people.
Productive and Supportive management
Since banking was a whole new industry for me, trainers gave a good training for us to succeed in the role.

Unbeatable team compared to all the managements i have worked along, really respects for each and every senior team members to management.
Pros
Lots of banking facilities specially for staff
Rewarding
One of my favorite Companies to work for, very challenging, friendly environment, gained a lot of knowledge and experience from ASB Bank and they really look after you. I enjoyed working for ASB and thankful for the support and experience during my time there.
Pros
Flexible hours, an hour lunch, early finish every Friday, happy hour on Fridays, Team buildings, gifts on special occasions like Easter, Christmas and New Years, we also received gifts from the management Team and you get to have a day off on your birthday.
good staff
Enjoyed working with a great bunch of like minded girls at ASB TAUPO who were capable of having a close relationship with all of their customers and able to achieve targets without the competitiveness I've seen previously.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ASB Bank?
Great company, great culture
ASB is a fantastic organisation. Senior management fosters an outstanding culture, which makes it an enjoyable place to work. I have been given development opportunities at every step and would highly recommend ASB to anyone looking.
Fantastic company
A great company to work for because of its culture about the community and its people.

Things changed when the company was taken over by a bigger Australian bank. The people and community culture shifted.

I had worked with colleagues for over 20 years and it was and still is a fun place to work for.

A typical day would be everyone is self motivated to come in and start their day. Daily debriefs were common, and weekly target meeting updates occurred. This was consistent throughout the organisation. Everyone had a role and the company was very well structured.

The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the changes whether with process improvement or technology. You learned to embrace and go with it as it was guaranteed to make life a little easier.
Pros
Caring management from CEO to team leaders
Cons
Perception some teams were not accountable to the bottom line as seen with their team spends
ASB bank is a great bank to work they look after their employees as well as the customers.
A typical day at work is basically getting referrals from the tellers for any banking needs from opening an account to Lending or even just a simple banking query.

I have learned that if you are a dedicated and genuine person, you don't need to look for clients, they will come to you.

My co-workers have individual personalities, I get along with everyone as I adjust myself to what type of person they are. All I have to do is to understand their individual characters and to make sure I am there to support them.

There is no such thing as hardest part of my job because I love my job, I love the customers and my Team.
Pros
We have a nice lunchroom and coffee is free. We do shared lunch on Christmas
Bank
Brilliant place to work. A great focus on development and continued learning. The culture was very supportive, with a company-wide sense of community.
work place
Standing policy not healthy for staff
Office politics with 2 negative staff

Very busy branch, can never please all the customers but I do the best

Most enjoyable part of the job is when customer appreciates our service
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Long hours standing
Great People with a Fun and Dynamic Team
Working at ASB was a wonderful experience. Complete training and very supportive staff. I would definitely recommend you apply and share in this experience.
Productive and Focused Work Environment
Fast Paced Data Entry Work.
Due to lots of work available have to work at a fast pace .

Lots of overtime work which was paid and was mentioned in the hiring process.
ASB Lending Services
This was my first job and it was an awesome place to work I gained some great experience of 5 years and skills from this place. the development or growth was very slow but I enjoyed my ti e here
Pros
Hours
Cons
Growth in the bank
Loved Working Here
This was my first job out of grad school I worked for the Treasury department. I have yet to work with a happier group of people.

I loved it here! Everyone was so helpful and super excited to give a new grad real responsibility. I learned lots of skills that helped kickstart a very interesting career.

(but to be honest I still miss ASB !! )
Pros
Great work environment. Work life balance.
Fun place to work
Well motivated Team that looked after each other. Up beat atmosphere. Customer service, Selling and up- Selling products was such an easy task.
Pros
Good place to work and learn Call centre and customer services.
Cons
Odd timing and Pay was not great
Great place to work.
Everyday was different to the previous one with lots of support from co-workers and management. The role allowed me to utilise my skills and pass this knowledge onto my co-workers. The office had a 'work hard,play hard' culture that I greatly enjoyed.
Pros
Lots of morning teas and celebrations.
Cons
Extaction and collation of business data into spreadsheets and bank's database
As above, inputting data into various spreadsheets and databases and distributed to the various business departments.

Management was sound and it was a pleasant working environment.
Newly established trading bank seeking to expand in NZ
Totally new operation in Wellington having only previously operated in the Auckland and Northland areas. Came from a Savings Bank operation which was an issue. Senior Management also came from this background and were thrust into new roles that not all were suited for.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Bank had a savings bank attitude
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASB Bank. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4