ASB Bank
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ASB Bank Employee Reviews

New Zealand47 reviews
Fast paced
Enjoyed the work load and customer contact immensely but the downfall was the sales targets having to sell products to people as the pressure from above was on. Good team of staff.
Lots to learn
Call centre environment, co-workers were awesome to work alonside with.
Fun Workplace
Awesome environment to work at.
Supportive staff and team leaders.
Best company and team I've ever worked for
ASB is a New Zealand bank owned by the Commonwealth Bank, which is listed on the Australian Stock Exchange. It provides a variety of financial services including retail, business, rural and institutional banking, funds management, as well as insurance and securities. I was the Personal Assistant to two of the General Managers over in Auckland. One team consisted of 150 staff and the other team totaled 90 staff. I wouldn’t only help the General Managers with their daily admin tasks; I would also help all of their Heads in charge along with about 40 of their other Managers.

•a typical day at work - Would range from projects to answering phones

•what you learned - How to prioritise, build rapport & customer service

•management - I worked along two General Managers & 20 Team Leaders and about 300 staff. It was great dealing with all levels within the organisation

•your co-workers - My team was like my second family. It was very hard leaving them but well worth the move

•the hardest part of the job - Pressure from two General Managers at the same time but I really enjoy the challenges it comes with

•the most enjoyable part of the job - Multi tasking, no day is ever the same
Pros
Bonuses, Free Living Assurance & Life Insurances, Yearly Pay Increases
Cons
No Parking
Credit Controller
I start at 8.00am each morning.I usually get into work by 7.30am .I log into my system and firstly look at and prioritise all emails.Then I check for any telephone messages and attend to them.we have a worklist on the system regarding files and accounts that need to be reviewed.I bring up the list and print it off.

Once this is done I make the necessary calls and action emails and then go to my work list.

There is always the customer(inwards and outwards) phone calls and enquiries and of course calls from Solicitors and Real Estate Agents regarding potential property sales.
Pros
Bonus at financial year end.
Cons
Heavy workloads.
Fast paced, focussed and enjoble workplace.
Excellent company to work for. The Dept shared the same focus creating a positive atmosphere, all teams worked well together and had some fun along the way. Our daily workload was unpredictable and fast paced resulting in our shift times over before we knew it. The position allowed me to utilise my leadership, decision making and time mamangement skills. Using my peoples skills and working closely with my team was very rewarding, as together ,we achieved and retained the level of a a high performing team. My team was very multicultural so we learned and appreciated each others cultures.
The hardest part of the role was working late into the night after our contracted hours had finished and often not finishing until midnight where I found my energy levels waning.

I enjoyed the position because I was active and didn't get to sit down at my desk for long as I needed to walk around and support my team with their queries.
Pros
recognition and rewards, free uniform and freeparking
Cons
shifts finishing later than contrated hours
A very loving place to work
I worked in the bank for 3 years and I just loved it so much. I never knew that I could work in a bank and handle all phone request as English was not my native language. I was doing so well and was called a legend during the first 6 weeks as a new person, while I sold 5 credit cards in one week! I was proud of myself~~ all my team leaders and co-workers were so considering and loving. It was just a loving place to work. I enjoyed each day working there and accummulated so much valuable experience in customer service, among different ages, ethnicity and cultural background. That made me excellent in customer service field, not only in banking but in any jobs I would do!!
Pros
nothing for free, but all is good
Cons
not really any concerns