Aston Carter

Aston Carter Employee Reviews

3.0Work–Life Balance

What is the best part of working at the company?They do help you find quality jobs and careers that you can actually grow into. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Some of the recruiters…or shall I say MY recruiter isn’t good about answering her phone or taking care of issues. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?My experience, overall, has been good.

Very fun and flexible workplace but pay is too low to survive without making commission for a single income household.

Fun environment and team. Great first job out of college. It is very flexible. Hybrid Schedule. Really good PTO, average health benefits. Good commission opportunity but base pay is not enough to make a living in today's economy.

Horrible experience. What a joke.

We were not explained the job would be what it was. Amazon training was HORRIBLE!! Then we were supposed to be paid on the following Friday and were not. No returned phone calls and horrible customer service. RUN FAST!

Cons

Everything.

Overall decent

Was a decent job with great communication at first. Then we were randomly told our assignment was ending and I’ve yet to receive assistance from my recruiter.

Productive and inclusive work atmosphere. Can tell there has been a change of overall focus.

Directors care very much about employees and like to stress the work life balance. Encourage you to make time for yourself and do not make you feel bad for taking said time. Work atmosphere is fast, but its keeps you engaged. Coworkers are all very friendly and willing to help when needed. Was weary of joining based on previous reviews but you can tell these were from previous experiences and not since they made an effort to change some of the culture.

Pros

Salary + location pay + commission + allowances and benefits

Cons

Can require some extra work aka after hours

Pandora's Box

Sold on work culture when you first start, then realize there is no work/life balance, or genuine interest in personal development from management. Great for top 10% of producers who earn what they were sold on, but still have to put up with poor treatment from management.

Pros

Expensed lunches, happy hours

Cons

work/life balance, favoritism, situational success, management

Wouldn't Recommend

Management doesn't show any sympathy and gave me a hassle on days I had requested off upon being hired. The work environment felt very stressful and took over many months to finally get the hours I requested.

fasfa

Schedule is really good, alternate between 5 days on, 5 days off and 4 days on, 4 days off you’ll have two weekends off a month with this schedule. Plus vacation on top of that works out really well.Very poor management though, always blaming the workforce for their errors and never putting any money into improvements in the hangar.

They'll get you a job.

If you need a job, they'll help you find one. Pay isn't great. Lots of layoffs but that is to be expected with temp agencies. They will say temp to hire, but honestly NO one has gotten hired after the temp projects.

Lack of communication

I was hired by one of the senior recruiters to work for a company, the company decided not want to move forward and so the recruiting company just stopped communicating with me even after completing all the onboarding paperwork. I feel they did a poor job in communication all around, I should have never been told I had the position until my background came back complete since that was the hold up. Apparently the company did not want to wait any longer as mine was taking longer than expected (the state of VA takes a long time as I was told), I'm not sure how that was even my fault being I have no control of that, I left my full-time job to join this company for this position as it was a better opportunity but NEVER AGAIN will I make that mistake! Lesson learned, I still say they could improve their communication skills moving forward for others if they read this.

Pros

Cons

Lack of communication; Turnover Rate

Worst place to work for

Worst agency to work for.you will never be able to get reply from them.I worked more than year for them every time needed something i tried to contact my recruiter or first point of contact they will never reply.even if you sent multiple emails still they won’t respond.also most of them are rude

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Management are garbage

Good company

At first I was skeptical about this company because there are so many scams these days, and as the interview process went on I realized it isn’t a scam. It is a good company to work with, great communication, they check on how your assignments are going, and help you along the way when needed. If you are looking for a temp agency, Aston Carter is the one!

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Not knowing when it becomes a permanent position

Okay Temp Agency

They pay weekly,’so that is nice. However when you need a question answered or need help, the follow up from them is horrible. The recruiters are friendly though.

Great pay and the employees are very helpful

Aston Carter is a great company to work for. All the staff are very knowledgeable and helpful. You can’t help but to succeed working for Aston Carter

Pros

Great pay

Cons

30 minute lunch breaks

Fun work environment, tiring work

The culture of the office is fun and supportive but the actual job duties of being a recruiter are exhausting. I would never go back but was a great first job

Good Place To Work

Communicates well, responds well, great placements Appreciate the recruiters that stay on top of the work we do and will be quick to respond when neeeded

What is the best part of working at the company?There is no micromanaging. Your colleagues are very helpful when you are a new associate.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Receiving problem accounts and not knowing until you reach out to the client. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?There was unity. Friendly atmosphere. Weekly competitions among coworkers such as fast typing competition. During holiday season they have decorations competitions. Allow you to bring your kids to work for celebration. The culture there is great.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Come in work on invoices throughout the week. Main focus are trying to get clients to pay and to pay on time so it won't become a top account. Rectify any discrepancies with accounts.

What is the best part of working at the company?They allow a hybrid schedule and there is growth but just remember if u get a promotion to account manager or account recruiting manager there is zero raise in salary. Only a bigger commission cut. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?You will work minimum 10 hour days 730-530. As recruiter you really need good at time management. Some manager are really good and supportive but others will talk down to you. The commission structure doesn't make sense you can get them thousands in business but only get like 50$ in commission. Unless u promote then u make more. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The office is a open structure. You are in a pit. It can be fun but at times can be way to loud and hard to work. They try to happy hours and Christmas parties etc. Pretty decent culture.

Unsatisfactory Communication with the Company

The communication between Aston Carter and hiring managers have been minimal and no follow-up. They do a poor job on updating employees or reaching out at all.

Horrible!

Listen everyone this is a agency. The reason they hire you is because they need people for open enrollment...after that you will get terminated. Your only useful for the time being. Agencies always over hire so they can have enough people for their clients. The clients pick the top 10% that they like for example: out of 100 employees they would keep 10 and rinse and repeat. Don't think about longevity and they can cancel your contract whenever they want to.

Pros

Cons

Always switch up rules

What is the best part of working at the company?Meeting the coworkers that I didWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Not being told the truth them not being transparent about how long the assignments are and what their intentions were upon hiring us we were told different things that were discovered as we talked in meetings and amongst each otherWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Good besides the dishonesty with upper managementWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Remote work 8 hours a day Monday through Friday

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aston Carter. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Aston Carter