AsureQuality
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

AsureQuality Employee Reviews

New Zealand14 reviews
The managers don't know how to run the operation. They treat staff like they don't matter. Managers are disrespectful towards workers. AQ pays minimum wages.
Production is everything hours can be long different shifts all the time repetition is every day takes a certain type of person to work in 5his industry plus you get treated like your a dog wouldn't recommend to anyone
Pros
You get paid every fortnight
Cons
There isn't any
Must Follow your pd
Learn to say no so you get your work done

Own work first attitude is highly beneficial.

Team work is a driving factor but opportunities are limited due to the availability of roles.
I was employed on a seasonal contract for 6 months with the option of extension if needed. Can't fault the place. Management were great and there was a real sense of trust among everyone. Staff were welcoming and I really enjoyed my time there!
Pros
Flexible management and independence within your role
Cons
Laboratory is in an industrial estate with limited food options - bring lunch with you!
A good place to gain experience for new graduates, but it is company filled with politics, hence not many career advancement opportunities. Combined with the long-hours and physically-demanding nature of the technician role (this is the most common role in the company), people do not tend to stay for long. On average, people do not tend to stay beyond 2 years.
Pros
1. Easy to get in for new graduates 2) A nice cafeteria 3) Most technicians are new graduates, so it will be easy to blend in
Cons
1) Long hours (expect regular overtime in dairy season), 2) Odd shifts (most technicians have to work at least one weekend day, if not both), 3) Remuneration for technicians is one of the lowest in the industry, 4) Very limited career advancement opportunities, 5) The nature of the work is extremely repetitive and mundane. And for the microbiology lab, the work can be physically-demanding (lifting heavy weights)
I would often work 12-15 hour days and never received recognition. My manager was not supportive and did not afford me with the training I requested to do my role better.
A good learning ground for graduates and that's it. Graduates are able to learn some simple technical lab skills. Everything I haven't mentioned is just terrible.
Pros
good for graduates and temps, cafeteria is quite spacious
Cons
Everything I have not mentioned
Awful management, toxic culture and pay barely above the living wage with no progression available. Would not recommend working here for more than one year.
Pros
Some good colleagues
Cons
Everything else
Great workplace culture. Lots of learning opportunities offered. Great place for a fresh graduate or someone still studying. Free lunches once in a while to celebrate hard work and holiday functions.
Cons
Workplace operates 24/7
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AsureQuality?
AsureQuality has a very high standard in food quality testing for the domestic and export market. One can expect and correctly so that their requirements of employees are matchingly high, however, that is not to say that they will not find a person's level of competence and place them in a position where both employee and company receive value for work.
The company generally works on two shift rosters, one starting Tuesday and running five days, the other starting Sunday and running five days also. Typical work days are from 8:30 to 4:30 for most departments, though some areas and departments will call for earlier starting times and those workers who wish to voluntarily extend their work day will be appreciated. Full training is given on site and those with skills in chemistry, microbiology and the ancillary duties of the laboratory will soon find their skills applied. The staff up to supervisory level are a true team and the camaraderie and culture among them is genuine and friendly, and HR promotes a huge variety of ethnic diversity in all levels of staffing, with all cultures generally celebrated.

Management is mixed being shared equally between non-technical career administrators and technically trained senior laboratory staff promoted to administration roles; this leads to some occasions of conflict between management and staff mostly due to unfamiliarity with technical problems but managers with no science background though these are minor and infrequent. Generally the management in the day-to-day operations are proactive and positive though goals and throughput
 - more...
Pros
Positive workplace culture, opportunities to advance, good social balance.
Cons
Odd weekly rosters, fairly high performance pressures, older facilities and equipment.
Everyday is similar to the last as same tests are required for the day. I learnt how to better manage my daily duties for the day, time management. Excellent environment with friendly and helpful co-workers. Very fast paced work involved so need to have ability to work without stress.
I have learned so much working for AsureQuality they are a great company to work for. The hardest part of the job is the repetitiveness, but the people you work with counteract this it is a great balance
AsureQuality was a good first laboratory job. It taught me how to be fast, accurate and always full on. I learnt how to make dilutions, test products for microbes (E coli, Camplobacter, Staphaureous, Lactobacillous, etc) and confirm them under a microscope, using kits and extra plating and incubation. I use to stock up lab once a week, clean lab everyday, do controls, read plates, tubes and help enter data. It taught me lots of testing for different microbes. Working in a team and individually.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
AsureQuality has been a good company to work for, however the possibility of ever getting a fulltime position is unlikely due to the current changes to meat inspection. The pay rate is excellent but the contracts short.