Auckland Airport

Auckland Airport Employee Reviews

Active and fast paced
Customer service and Passenger Assistance (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland20 August 2018
Very active and keeps you moving. Able to learn a lot in terms of how important it is to keep International Airport minimal of hazards and keeping things in order to prevent. A place to build and practice your customer service in a professional and bustle environment.
Pros
Appreciated through provided lunch for everyone on the shift.
Cons
Be physically fit to stay on your feet
Enjoyable workplace to gain experience.
PEA (Passenger Experience Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland1 August 2018
A day at Auckland airport is crazy. There are times where it would get really busy and that's where a PEA would step in and deal with the problem. I learnt a lot while working there because I got to experience angry passengers and many other situations.
Pros
Getting treated such as dinner or lunch.
Cons
Waking up for a 4:30am shift.
A great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Zealand23 June 2018
Auckland Airport was a great company to work for. I worked with a great team of people, friendly but always prifessional at what they did. People from diverse backgrounds and cultures. It was an interesting role which always kept me busy. I left Auckland Airport in 2013 to relocate to Toowoomba where our son had moved to in June 2013 to fulfil his dream in footy. So we moved here to support him.
Pros
Monthly Team Outtings
Cons
Shift work
Productive and Enjoyable
Customs Officer (Former Employee) –  Mangere, Auckland22 May 2018
I loved this job the fact of meeting different cultures,people something different every day never the same experiences every day was different. meet some fantastic fellow workers it was an overall great place to be every day.I miss this experience the most in my life.
Pros
Great fellow workers
Cons
lots of new things to learn
Ramp Agent in Aerocare (Current Employee) –  Auckland Airport, Auckland30 January 2018
At Aerocare I have learned a lot of new things. It is a challenging workplace where employee have to work according to the standards of the clients. Employee needs to be very professional.
Pros
less work load
Cons
less hours
Working
PASSENGER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand28 September 2017
I found that helping passengers with things they were unsure of and was a great feeling personally because it makes you feel like you've accomplished doing your job. However it was sometimes hard to enjoy work when there was not much passengers coming through on my shift or if it was a slow day because it was almost like there was nothing to do and to me i love always being on my feet having something to do so it keeps me working when you take that away you get bored and no one likes being bored at work.
But overall i made new friends with my co workers and learnt a lot about the airport. It was an awesome pace to work.
Pros
Meeting all types of ethnicity.
Cons
almost three hours before first break.
Productive and fun workplace
Hotel attendant (Former Employee) –  Mangere bridge South Auckland.2 August 2017
It was fun loved every minute there, meeting new people everyday.
And meeting different people from across the world that would come and stay with us at the Grand Chancellor Hotel.
Pros
We got free lunch on our breaks from the awesome chef in the kitchen restaurant
Cons
sometimes long hours.
dynamic and exciting
Manager Facilities Management (FM) (Former Employee) –  Auckland Airport, Auckland17 July 2017
Meeting the service expectation demands of a vibrant and dynamic commercial enterprise is was challenging and rewarding. The greatest learning was excellence and performance achievement.
The most pleasurable element was the camaraderie through meeting challenging expectations.
Pros
achievement and camaraderie
Cons
constant pressure to perform
Productive and fun workplace
Caterer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland Airport, Auckland6 June 2017
i enjoyed my work there, i learned alot with ordering stock that is required for the workload, running the floor when our teamleader was away, having to communicate well with fellow workers, the most enjoyable part of the job was getting on with everyone and completing my work and reaching my target before leaving the workforce,
Pros
Free lunch, good management
Cons
Shift hours and rotating days off
i still like to work LSG
LSG Sky Chef (Current Employee) –  11 Laurence Stevens Dr, Mangere, Auckland 20225 December 2016
A day in LSG is very busy and hard, we need to be fast at work have good communication, listen others learn things from others and I respect other people.
busy work place airport auckland
HMS Host (Current Employee) –  papatoetoe15 September 2015
last Friday was the busiest day for me as i was the only chef from lunch until closing, because of staff shortage. it was non stop food orders but i did my best to run food quickly and i did it. i managed my prep and orders beautifully as my team leader and manager was so helpful regarding my breaks and all other things related to kitchen.
Pros
helpful workmates
Cons
long hours and shift work
25,000
Porter and Bar Service (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N5 May 2015
When I first started there, I worked as a Porter and then I tried to apply for the bar person which I went to this Professional Bar Course in Auckland NZ for. Unfortunately, I came across with some people especially a few Team Leaders that picked on me most of the shifts I worked.

I also found out even the big Boss was kind of Racist at the time of working at the Auckland Airport. I love to work at the airport to serve our people.

I have learnt a lot from it anyway especially around the restrant and the bar area, knowing how to pour the beer properly and enhanced my customer service for the best in our enviroment and our community. That's probably my enjoyable when I worked there.

I wish I could get another chance to work at the airport to contiue on my career and to push our young ones for the best in this kind of job.

Lisi Sinia
Pros
made good friends
Cons
short hours
Productive and fun
never been employed (Former Employee) –  never been employed20 January 2015
TCT is a course and this is where I learned more about customer service and hope to be able to work as a Passenger Services Agent (check-in agent) at the Auckland Airport. Its a fun learning environment. The tutors are amazing, they help the students to pass and prepare for the workforce. I enjoy group work or working in a team and also getting along with others despite their differences.
Great people
Domestic Host Ambassador Auckland Airport (Former Employee) –  Auckland Airport, N17 November 2014
I made a lot of knew friends and still keep in contact with them , Auckland Airport is a great place to work at.
5kg
SKY CHEF (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N20 October 2014
I have been doing casual work on the day shift at Big Ben at Manukau
Its a good opportunity for customer service practice.
Grand Chancellor (Current Employee) –  Auckland Airport14 May 2014
The best part of my job is interacting with customers from different background and giving them exceptional customer service with satisfaction.
Pros
Acknowledgement.
Cons
less hours.