Auckland Airport
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Auckland Airport Employee Review

Working

28 September 2017
I found that helping passengers with things they were unsure of and was a great feeling personally because it makes you feel like you've accomplished doing your job. However it was sometimes hard to enjoy work when there was not much passengers coming through on my shift or if it was a slow day because it was almost like there was nothing to do and to me i love always being on my feet having something to do so it keeps me working when you take that away you get bored and no one likes being bored at work.
But overall i made new friends with my co workers and learnt a lot about the airport. It was an awesome pace to work.
Pros
Meeting all types of ethnicity.
Cons
almost three hours before first break.
30 September 2018
Same role
Passenger Experience assistant (Former Employee) - Mangere, Auckland
Learnt a lot of airport terms and how the airport functions everyday. Got behind the scenes experience which was interesting to see. Witnessing the downfalls/ accidents/ emergency first hand. HArdest part of the job was the standing and the most enjoyable was working with people who were always positive.
Pros
Bonus Lunchs
Cons
Short hours
20 August 2018
Same role
Customer service and Passenger Assistance (Former Employee) - Manukau City, Auckland
Very active and keeps you moving. Able to learn a lot in terms of how important it is to keep International Airport minimal of hazards and keeping things in order to prevent. A place to build and practice your customer service in a professional and bustle environment.
Pros
Appreciated through provided lunch for everyone on the shift.
Cons
Be physically fit to stay on your feet
5 May 2015
Same location
Porter and Bar Service (Former Employee) - Auckland, N
When I first started there, I worked as a Porter and then I tried to apply for the bar person which I went to this Professional Bar Course in Auckland NZ for. Unfortunately, I came across with some people especially a few Team Leaders that picked on me most of the shifts I worked.

I also found out even the big Boss was kind of Racist at the time of working at the Auckland Airport. I love to work at the airport to serve our people.

I have learnt a lot from it anyway especially around the restrant and the bar area, knowing how to pour the beer properly and enhanced my customer service for the best in our enviroment and our community. That's probably my enjoyable when I worked there.

I wish I could get another chance to work at the airport to contiue on my career and to push our young ones for the best in this kind of job.

Lisi Sinia
Pros
made good friends
Cons
short hours