Auckland Airport
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Auckland Airport Employee Reviews

Auckland Airport (AIAL) is not just a company it is a community. In working with Auckland Airport you connect with the place, people, and purpose that makes this airport a leading New Zealand operation. Everything from the brand marketing to its new processes take into consideration the customer and aim to deliver the best possible experience for every traveller, guest, or visitor.
Auckland airport surely has enough income coming through yet not paying stuff enough. No work life balance as it’s 24/7 which sucks. I wish it was rostered
Learnt a lot of airport terms and how the airport functions everyday. Got behind the scenes experience which was interesting to see. Witnessing the downfalls/ accidents/ emergency first hand. HArdest part of the job was the standing and the most enjoyable was working with people who were always positive.
Pros
Bonus Lunchs
Cons
Short hours
Very active and keeps you moving. Able to learn a lot in terms of how important it is to keep International Airport minimal of hazards and keeping things in order to prevent. A place to build and practice your customer service in a professional and bustle environment.
Pros
Appreciated through provided lunch for everyone on the shift.
Cons
Be physically fit to stay on your feet
A day at Auckland airport is crazy. There are times where it would get really busy and that's where a PEA would step in and deal with the problem. I learnt a lot while working there because I got to experience angry passengers and many other situations.
Pros
Getting treated such as dinner or lunch.
Cons
Waking up for a 4:30am shift.
Auckland Airport was a great company to work for. I worked with a great team of people, friendly but always prifessional at what they did. People from diverse backgrounds and cultures. It was an interesting role which always kept me busy. I left Auckland Airport in 2013 to relocate to Toowoomba where our son had moved to in June 2013 to fulfil his dream in footy. So we moved here to support him.
Pros
Monthly Team Outtings
Cons
Shift work
I loved this job the fact of meeting different cultures,people something different every day never the same experiences every day was different. meet some fantastic fellow workers it was an overall great place to be every day.I miss this experience the most in my life.
Pros
Great fellow workers
Cons
At Aerocare I have learned a lot of new things. It is a challenging workplace where employee have to work according to the standards of the clients. Employee needs to be very professional.
Pros
less work load
Cons
less hours
I believe that I have a lot to contribute to a team environment, and am comfortable in both leadership and player roles. I'm outgoing, friendly, and have strong communication skills. the management at my previous work wasn't really good, not communicating with the employees and not much of appreciation towards the employees hard work.
Pros
yes we did get free lunch there
Cons
minimum of 8 hours only
I found that helping passengers with things they were unsure of and was a great feeling personally because it makes you feel like you've accomplished doing your job. However it was sometimes hard to enjoy work when there was not much passengers coming through on my shift or if it was a slow day because it was almost like there was nothing to do and to me i love always being on my feet having something to do so it keeps me working when you take that away you get bored and no one likes being bored at work. But overall i made new friends with my co workers and learnt a lot about the airport. It was an awesome pace to work.
Pros
Meeting all types of ethnicity.
Cons
almost three hours before first break.
It was fun loved every minute there, meeting new people everyday. And meeting different people from across the world that would come and stay with us at the Grand Chancellor Hotel.
Pros
We got free lunch on our breaks from the awesome chef in the kitchen restaurant
Cons
sometimes long hours.
Meeting the service expectation demands of a vibrant and dynamic commercial enterprise is was challenging and rewarding. The greatest learning was excellence and performance achievement. The most pleasurable element was the camaraderie through meeting challenging expectations.
Pros
achievement and camaraderie
Cons
constant pressure to perform
i enjoyed my work there, i learned alot with ordering stock that is required for the workload, running the floor when our teamleader was away, having to communicate well with fellow workers, the most enjoyable part of the job was getting on with everyone and completing my work and reaching my target before leaving the workforce,
Pros
Free lunch, good management
Cons
Shift hours and rotating days off
A day in LSG is very busy and hard, we need to be fast at work have good communication, listen others learn things from others and I respect other people.
last Friday was the busiest day for me as i was the only chef from lunch until closing, because of staff shortage. it was non stop food orders but i did my best to run food quickly and i did it. i managed my prep and orders beautifully as my team leader and manager was so helpful regarding my breaks and all other things related to kitchen.
Pros
helpful workmates
Cons
long hours and shift work
When I first started there, I worked as a Porter and then I tried to apply for the bar person which I went to this Professional Bar Course in Auckland NZ for. Unfortunately, I came across with some people especially a few Team Leaders that picked on me most of the shifts I worked. I also found out even the big Boss was kind of Racist at the time of working at the Auckland Airport. I love to work at the airport to serve our people. I have learnt a lot from it anyway especially around the restrant and the bar area, knowing how to pour the beer properly and enhanced my customer service for the best in our enviroment and our community. That's probably my enjoyable when I worked there. I wish I could get another chance to work at the airport to contiue on my career and to push our young ones for the best in this kind of job. Thank You Lisi Sinia
Pros
made good friends
Cons
short hours
TCT is a course and this is where I learned more about customer service and hope to be able to work as a Passenger Services Agent (check-in agent) at the Auckland Airport. Its a fun learning environment. The tutors are amazing, they help the students to pass and prepare for the workforce. I enjoy group work or working in a team and also getting along with others despite their differences.
I made a lot of knew friends and still keep in contact with them , Auckland Airport is a great place to work at.
I have been doing casual work on the day shift at Big Ben at Manukau
The best part of my job is interacting with customers from different background and giving them exceptional customer service with satisfaction.
Pros
Acknowledgement.
Cons
less hours.
  1. Employee Reviews