Auckland Airport
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Auckland Airport Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Auckland City, Auckland5 reviews
A day at Auckland airport is crazy. There are times where it would get really busy and that's where a PEA would step in and deal with the problem. I learnt a lot while working there because I got to experience angry passengers and many other situations.
Pros
Getting treated such as dinner or lunch.
Cons
Waking up for a 4:30am shift.
I found that helping passengers with things they were unsure of and was a great feeling personally because it makes you feel like you've accomplished doing your job. However it was sometimes hard to enjoy work when there was not much passengers coming through on my shift or if it was a slow day because it was almost like there was nothing to do and to me i love always being on my feet having something to do so it keeps me working when you take that away you get bored and no one likes being bored at work.
But overall i made new friends with my co workers and learnt a lot about the airport. It was an awesome pace to work.
Pros
Meeting all types of ethnicity.
Cons
almost three hours before first break.
When I first started there, I worked as a Porter and then I tried to apply for the bar person which I went to this Professional Bar Course in Auckland NZ for. Unfortunately, I came across with some people especially a few Team Leaders that picked on me most of the shifts I worked.

I also found out even the big Boss was kind of Racist at the time of working at the Auckland Airport. I love to work at the airport to serve our people.

I have learnt a lot from it anyway especially around the restrant and the bar area, knowing how to pour the beer properly and enhanced my customer service for the best in our enviroment and our community. That's probably my enjoyable when I worked there.

I wish I could get another chance to work at the airport to contiue on my career and to push our young ones for the best in this kind of job.

Lisi Sinia
Pros
made good friends
Cons
short hours
I made a lot of knew friends and still keep in contact with them , Auckland Airport is a great place to work at.
I have been doing casual work on the day shift at Big Ben at Manukau