Auckland Airport
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Auckland Airport Employee Reviews for Passenger Assistant

Passenger Assistant4 reviews
New Zealand4 reviews
Learnt a lot of airport terms and how the airport functions everyday. Got behind the scenes experience which was interesting to see. Witnessing the downfalls/ accidents/ emergency first hand. HArdest part of the job was the standing and the most enjoyable was working with people who were always positive.
Pros
Bonus Lunchs
Cons
Short hours
Very active and keeps you moving. Able to learn a lot in terms of how important it is to keep International Airport minimal of hazards and keeping things in order to prevent. A place to build and practice your customer service in a professional and bustle environment.
Pros
Appreciated through provided lunch for everyone on the shift.
Cons
Be physically fit to stay on your feet
A day at Auckland airport is crazy. There are times where it would get really busy and that's where a PEA would step in and deal with the problem. I learnt a lot while working there because I got to experience angry passengers and many other situations.
Pros
Getting treated such as dinner or lunch.
Cons
Waking up for a 4:30am shift.
I found that helping passengers with things they were unsure of and was a great feeling personally because it makes you feel like you've accomplished doing your job. However it was sometimes hard to enjoy work when there was not much passengers coming through on my shift or if it was a slow day because it was almost like there was nothing to do and to me i love always being on my feet having something to do so it keeps me working when you take that away you get bored and no one likes being bored at work.
But overall i made new friends with my co workers and learnt a lot about the airport. It was an awesome pace to work.
Pros
Meeting all types of ethnicity.
Cons
almost three hours before first break.