Auckland City Mission

Auckland City Mission Employee Reviews

Awesome NGO
Assessment Professional Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland13 January 2018
This NGO works hard to serve the community. This NGO will continue to provide excellent service to the community because the employee will not stop working hard till they can assist as many clients as possible.
A well managed Organisation and a fun environment to work.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland5 November 2017
I met and worked with people from all walks of life, different culture, beliefs and races. We were always busy and helping each and everyone to complete the task that we were allocated to do. The supervisors and team managers were very professionals in delivering their messages on what needs to be done, always in the front line. The workplace was very clean and spaces. It provide a sense of homely environment that makes everyone feels at home when they enter. The hardest part of the job is that I had to leave because I was only given 2 weeks to work there. I enjoyed working at Auckland City Mission because I was given a chance to serve those who needed help and to really feel what they are going through in life.
Pros
Satisfied
Cons
Satisfied
Humble
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N27 July 2015
Good to help the community.
To learn about others struggles.
Knowing that there are places like the mission who help people that struggle. Most volunteers have a day job that they go to and then help out at the city mission at night with meals and clothing and sleeping arrangements.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Knowing people and families are struggling
A beautiful experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Auckland City4 March 2015
The Auckland City Mission in my words would have to be a unity of the public coming together and helping the rest of the community during the christmas period. Management was awesome and everything was well organised in my experience. I meet a lot of volunteers who had hearts of gold and putting others needs before themselves kind of attitude.

The best part of the job was pretty much everything. We served thousands of families, children of all ages, individuals who were all from diverse cultural backgrounds. Personally I love working with people and I would have to say that this was my kind scene. The communities smiles lit up the room while being served and it felt awesome to be on the other side to work for them.

I learnt not to take advantage of life and to always give whole heartedly. This was my first ever experience in working and from this day I realised that I wanted to work in an environment where i was able to serve the community in any way possible.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
No cons
Productive and Fun Workplace
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Otahuhu, Auckland4 October 2013
Productive and fun workplace
Workplace with fair and respect
Interacting equally no matter who you are in your position
Working as a TEAM
Together as One
Values each others opinion
Learning new thing every day
Pros
Paid Lunch Break
Cons
The best place to volunteer
Helper (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N27 August 2013
Had the most amazing moment volunteering at the City Mission. Get to learn and understand different perspective and views of the clients.