Auckland Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Auckland Council Employee Reviews in Auckland CBD, Auckland

Auckland CBD, Auckland13 reviews
Great place to contract. Lots of restructuring but still a good place for contractors. IS very supportive if you do your job well and very good place for work-life balance and working remotely when necessary.
depending on the season work loads do vary.
having the right people in your team made work more enjoyable.

Being the driver of the rubbish truck was a lot to take on but knowing that i was responsible to clear the rubbish and also the safety of the public and my runner was a job i took seriously.
Loved working here, the people were great, the role was interesting, challenging and satisfying. It was close to the shops! :-) If I wasn't relocating overseas, I could've stayed here.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Workloads are overflowing and some bad managers regularly insult other staff and bully employees. Culture is very conservative. Feels like workplace from 50 years ago. Staff frequently made redundant and remaining coworkers expected to do their work. On the plus side, do get to work on some projects which benefit the Auckland community.
Pros
Interesting projects
Cons
Staff treated with contempt
Less is more was the culture of the team. Less team members doing more work. Unfortunately a team of 7 could not do what a team of 15 was supposed to do. Years of struggle have come before and will be ahead for this team.

Other teams with in Auckland Council I had no trouble with.
Some very good people, work culture is good but it has entered into outsourcing so job losses are coming thick and fast. The management looking to fix problem by reducing staff. The projects are mismanaged and so many projects was over spent and heaps over time. It is not safe at all to work for the council now unlike when the legacy council were operating.
I really enjoyed my time at the Auckland Regional Council. If i had not travelled, I may still be working there. I also enjoyed being part of the union. The benefits were great.
Pros
Reliable, and flexible with un-paid leave.
Cons
Night shifts and weekends.
Constant work challenges, good relationships, good support.
Poor performance management. Average salary.

I am happy here but am not getting the recognition I feel I deserve financially.
Working in the Auckland Design Office was an amazing experience. I learnt many new skills and design practice. My mind was opened to the practice of safety and universal design.
Wonderful working environment, when I was working in Council as an intern, all the colleagues are willing to support you and teach you. Workers in Council can learn useful skills .
I really enjoyed working with Auckland Council, when I first started I felt very welcomed and everyone was helpful and knowledgeable.

My role was Rates Transactions Co-ordinator. My typical day was sorting through customer application forms for a Rates Rebate. So I would enter all the data from them, calling customers and then batching the forms and sending them to Accounts Payable for them to be completed.

Everyone in my department got on really well and worked as a great team.

The hardest part of the job is that it can get quite repetitive and I feel my skills were not being used in full. But working with such a great team makes all the difference in a work place.
Pros
Learnt a lot.
Cons
Repetative
-Easy/fun place to work.
- Learned a lot about financial modelling, the business structure and various projects.

- Reported progress to management on a regular basis.

- Friendly, very supportive and encouraging.

- Understanding the complex business models.

- Working with the people in my team and getting to know them. Working on challenging projects.
As a student I enjoyed the time spent working there and would happily return in a full time capacity.
Due to the brevity of my working experience there I can not offer much in the way of commentary.
Pros
Sociable working environment, informative and interesting.