Auckland Council

Auckland Council Employee Reviews in Auckland CBD, Auckland

Happy environment with the right team
Truck Driver / Eco Maintenance - Auckland (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland3 November 2019
depending on the season work loads do vary.
having the right people in your team made work more enjoyable.
Being the driver of the rubbish truck was a lot to take on but knowing that i was responsible to clear the rubbish and also the safety of the public and my runner was a job i took seriously.
Test Consultant (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD NZ1 February 2019
Loved working here, the people were great, the role was interesting, challenging and satisfying. It was close to the shops! :-) If I wasn't relocating overseas, I could've stayed here.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
IT department depressing place to work
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland10 January 2018
Workloads are overflowing and some bad managers regularly insult other staff and bully employees. Culture is very conservative. Feels like workplace from 50 years ago. Staff frequently made redundant and remaining coworkers expected to do their work. On the plus side, do get to work on some projects which benefit the Auckland community.
Pros
Interesting projects
Cons
Staff treated with contempt
Terrible Management
Project management (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland8 January 2018
Less is more was the culture of the team. Less team members doing more work. Unfortunately a team of 7 could not do what a team of 15 was supposed to do. Years of struggle have come before and will be ahead for this team.

Other teams with in Auckland Council I had no trouble with.
Server Engineer (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland30 September 2017
Some very good people, work culture is good but it has entered into outsourcing so job losses are coming thick and fast. The management looking to fix problem by reducing staff. The projects are mismanaged and so many projects was over spent and heaps over time. It is not safe at all to work for the council now unlike when the legacy council were operating.
Secure and reliable work.
CUSTOMER SERVICE OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland6 September 2017
I really enjoyed my time at the Auckland Regional Council. If i had not travelled, I may still be working there. I also enjoyed being part of the union. The benefits were great.
Pros
Reliable, and flexible with un-paid leave.
Cons
Night shifts and weekends.
Good place to work - respectful
Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  Auckland CBD14 August 2017
Constant work challenges, good relationships, good support.
Poor performance management. Average salary.
I am happy here but am not getting the recognition I feel I deserve financially.
Productive and a fun learning work palce
Urban Design Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland10 April 2016
Working in the Auckland Design Office was an amazing experience. I learnt many new skills and design practice. My mind was opened to the practice of safety and universal design.
Excellent working environment
Rates Transaction Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland21 February 2016
Wonderful working environment, when I was working in Council as an intern, all the colleagues are willing to support you and teach you. Workers in Council can learn useful skills .
Great atmosphere, great people
Rates Transactions Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD13 March 2015
I really enjoyed working with Auckland Council, when I first started I felt very welcomed and everyone was helpful and knowledgeable.

My role was Rates Transactions Co-ordinator. My typical day was sorting through customer application forms for a Rates Rebate. So I would enter all the data from them, calling customers and then batching the forms and sending them to Accounts Payable for them to be completed.

Everyone in my department got on really well and worked as a great team.

The hardest part of the job is that it can get quite repetitive and I feel my skills were not being used in full. But working with such a great team makes all the difference in a work place.
Pros
Learnt a lot.
Cons
Repetative
Productive/relaxed environment
Financial Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD3 March 2014
-Easy/fun place to work.
- Learned a lot about financial modelling, the business structure and various projects.
- Reported progress to management on a regular basis.
- Friendly, very supportive and encouraging.
- Understanding the complex business models.
- Working with the people in my team and getting to know them. Working on challenging projects.
Great team to work with and for
Student planner (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD16 July 2013
As a student I enjoyed the time spent working there and would happily return in a full time capacity.
Due to the brevity of my working experience there I can not offer much in the way of commentary.
Pros
Sociable working environment, informative and interesting.