Auckland Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Auckland Council Employee Reviews in Manukau City, Auckland

Manukau City, Auckland9 reviews
Workload is challenging, fast paced and high demanding, which is good for those who like to keep busy. You learn a whole new level of patience as this role is diverse and you are constantly dealing with very busy high demanding internal and external parties who need everything "yesterday".
As a customer service team leader, I worked with an amazing team, every day was very cruisy as I had so much support from my team. management wasn't really supportive, i believe
This place sucks. Regularly work 70-80 hours a week. Once had to work 28 days straight without a day off. Chronically understaffed. Absent senior managers, pay low, have to deal with abusive public. Good riddance.
Cons
Some complex calls, very fast paced, great culture and good laughs with good colleagues. I do miss working here and would have liked to stay on and gain more knowledge and skills.
Pros
Collegues were very helpful
, management is good and supportive
good team to work with

supportive and organised

Good amount of customer service and also delivering technical solutions to problems
Working for a Council that has leadership that resides locally and therefore understands its issues and direction to a better future.
A typical day for me is sorting and getting post to and from departments. I do online bookings for customers, both internal and external and also do phone queries. I am alone in the Manukau office and take great pride to see that I am trustworthy and do not take advantage of been all by myself.

The people is very friendly and helpful.

The hardest part is not really hard, but you have to be very vigilant when sending and receiving post to go to the correct departments and not get lost. I enjoy been part of a team and to just interact with people on a daily basis, and to help wherever I can. A smile from someone is the biggest reward you can ask for.
Pros
Free tea brakes, zoo passes
Cons
I don't really have cons, but sometimes it's hard when post get lost by no means through your actions, but it come down to you been in charge in the mailroom, it can just be frustrating at times, other than that, nothing really as I am a very positive person and don't really see or concentrate on the negative.
No two days were ever the same and there was always something new to learn, something I'd not come across before. I had to think on my feet sometimes and get through the demands of the moment. While sometimes challenging it was also fun. My co-workers were a great bunch of people who knew when to knuckle down and get something done but also knew when we all needed a break or a bit of light relief.
Pros
Great team, excellent learning opportunities
Cons
The powers that be often didn't live in reality.
Every day provides something new with lots of people contact. I work very closely with staff across all sectors of regional parks, coordinating a variety of fun projects simultaneously. Ensuing deliverance of project on-time and within budget is a challenge, which I enjoy - always up for a new challenge!
Pros
Fun environment to work in
Cons
Lack of project that provide a real challenge