Auckland Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Auckland Council Employee Reviews for Administrator

Community Focused and Passionate
Every day you go to work backed up by Council to do your best for the community. Varied work day as working with the public, but it was generally in a very positive way.

Council management works with the PSA and supports staff to participate fully in their duties as a delegate.

The living wage means that even part time roles are sustainable for a lot of people.
Pros
Living wage, high union participation
Cons
Small teams can feel isolated among the rest of council.
Friendly and varied environment
During the short time I worked there the Council was still dealing with the effects of amalgamation and moving buildings. As a result there was some difficulty in day to day administration however the staff themselves were friendly and dedicated.
Fun workplace, Professional and Good working environment
- A very supportive management team
- Daily task is processing dog registration payments and data entry

- Analyzing and solving rates payment

- Great and supportive co-workers

- Weekly update meetings improves the work environment which resulted to good results and solutions. It gained confidence to each and everyone in the team
Pros
Free Coffee, Juice and Milk. Weekly Team Meeting and Friday Team Building
Productive and interesting
A typical day for me is sorting and getting post to and from departments. I do online bookings for customers, both internal and external and also do phone queries. I am alone in the Manukau office and take great pride to see that I am trustworthy and do not take advantage of been all by myself.

The people is very friendly and helpful.

The hardest part is not really hard, but you have to be very vigilant when sending and receiving post to go to the correct departments and not get lost. I enjoy been part of a team and to just interact with people on a daily basis, and to help wherever I can. A smile from someone is the biggest reward you can ask for.
Pros
Free tea brakes, zoo passes
Cons
I don't really have cons, but sometimes it's hard when post get lost by no means through your actions, but it come down to you been in charge in the mailroom, it can just be frustrating at times, other than that, nothing really as I am a very positive person and don't really see or concentrate on the negative.
Interesting varied role
Starting my role processing high volumes of data entry made use of my eye for detail. Management then asked me to perform other tasks such as data cleansing, building Excel spreadsheets for stats and contacting customers to inform them on their applications. I found this role very rewarding and when the 3 month contract had ended I was offered a role with the council on a permanent basis while my visa lasted in New Zealand. Management were very encouraging with me by giving me more responsibility and I would have very much liked to stay for longer.
Pros
Responsibility, Wage, Good work atmosphere
Cons
No New Zealand sponsorship opportunities
Productive and effective work place
It is a great company to work for as everyone is a pleasure to work with and work life balance is considered a very important value.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
It's The Council
Productive workplace with fun and great people
My days at Council were great, I worked with alot of different ethniticities and people from all different age groups. My days varied from working in the office doing finance through the SAP database system, data entry, excel spreadsheets, meeting minutes, coordinating meetings, organising catering to working out in the field helping facilitate at our youth and community events. Not any day at Council was the same, I always learned something new no matter what it was. If I was given a task that needed a little more work I was able to seek assistance and guidance through my co-workers. The most enjoyable thing about working at Council was wanting to wake up in the morning and want to go to work and of course my team.
Pros
having a trustworthy team