Auckland Council

Auckland Council Employee Review

View all Auckland Council reviews

My Colleagues
Contact Centre Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland, NZ25 January 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Auckland Council - the job itself was challenging (but what job isn't and who would not want to be challenged) because it was dealing with the greater Auckland. Yes! there were times when you wanted to cry, shout or curse because of the mean things people say to you over the phone but at the end of each call, my colleagues and especially my manager/team leader at the time was always there, supporting and encouraging the team to persevere.

Despite the changes and transitions that occurred in the 3 years I had worked there, they were always smooth and the management always notified us of any changes. Although there were some conflict between the senior staff and the newbies, the management still managed to cater to the needs of everyone.

Great bunch of people.
Pros
Professional and family life balance, pay package and benefits, Advancements into other areas of Auckland Council
Cons
Restructures always occurring, no Christmas party, just lunch

Other Auckland Council Employee Reviews

Excellent Work Place
Customer Service Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Northshore Takapuna15 February 2020
Excellent management team,
Great team, great benefits, the beat job without a doubt.
The hardest part of the job was getting in touch with building inspectors.
High demand fast paced with impossible expectations
Building Support Officer - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland11 February 2020
Workload is challenging, fast paced and high demanding, which is good for those who like to keep busy. You learn a whole new level of patience as this role is diverse and you are constantly dealing with very busy high demanding internal and external parties who need everything "yesterday".

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Auckland Council. Our community is ready to answer.