Auckland Council

Auckland Council Employee Review

View all Auckland Council reviews

I have learned to do great time management by managing the allocate enforcing area.
Parking Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Auckland5 January 2019
I start the day with freshness and a good briefing in the morning. I have learned how to deal with difficult customers and how to use assertive approach to calm angry people down. I learned how to manage an area with full utilization of time. The work place culture is very strict and official as I worked for a local governing body. The hardest part of the job was to catch up with the 650 tickets quota when time is running out towards the end of the month. The most enjoyable part of the job is to interact with my co-workers who comes from different culture group and to exchange the shift with them which make my job more flexible and suited to my lifestyle.
Pros
Free travel on buses when I was in uniform, get pay to get fit.
Cons
Loads of walking, sometimes foot developed foot corns.

Other Auckland Council Employee Reviews

Excellent Work Place
Customer Service Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Northshore Takapuna15 February 2020
Excellent management team,
Great team, great benefits, the beat job without a doubt.
The hardest part of the job was getting in touch with building inspectors.
High demand fast paced with impossible expectations
Building Support Officer - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland11 February 2020
Workload is challenging, fast paced and high demanding, which is good for those who like to keep busy. You learn a whole new level of patience as this role is diverse and you are constantly dealing with very busy high demanding internal and external parties who need everything "yesterday".

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Auckland Council. Our community is ready to answer.