Auckland Council

Auckland Council Employee Reviews

Auckland Council Strives to be the most liveable city
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland14 July 2016
I commend the Council and what they have achieved over the past few years.

Merging x8 legacy systems into one and changing locations for alot of teams to centralise one process has been a mammoth task the benefits are now starting to be seen but the Auckland Citizens.

The past few years has seen so much change and I have grown as a person because of it.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Slow multiple systems
Arboriculture and Landscape Advisor (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland13 July 2016
I enjoy providing sound advice to the public, developers or investors and internal co workers, if find the work is very rewarding, and it allows me to have a balanced work and life balance.
Fast paced but fun
No two days were ever the same and there was always something new to learn, something I'd not come across before. I had to think on my feet sometimes and get through the demands of the moment. While sometimes challenging it was also fun. My co-workers were a great bunch of people who knew when to knuckle down and get something done but also knew when we all needed a break or a bit of light relief.
Pros
Great team, excellent learning opportunities
Cons
The powers that be often didn't live in reality.
fun environment
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mangere, Auckland15 May 2016
work experience
learned to look after kids
and help out
the most enjoyable is playing with the kids and helping them learn and sing songs as well my co-workers were awesome help wasn't a paid job though it was just experience from school for a few weeks that's all
Pros
N/a
Cons
short hours
Great opportunities
People Business Liaison (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland11 May 2016
It's a vast company with numerous opportunities. Flexible working hours and management is visible and approachable. People around Council have been very friendly and open to helping one another. Great place to grow and built on business improvement skills
Pleasant
PURCHASE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  New Zealand21 April 2016
A good work environment. Good work life balance and flexible.
Formed good working relationships with fellow workers and contacts.
Pros
flexible
Cons
Productive and a fun learning work palce
Urban Design Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland10 April 2016
Working in the Auckland Design Office was an amazing experience. I learnt many new skills and design practice. My mind was opened to the practice of safety and universal design.
fun work place
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Waitakere City, Auckland20 March 2016
Excellent support form co workers. Enjoyed the customer interaction. I learned many different operating systems due to Auckland Council merging from 5 legacy councils to one.
Excellent working environment
Rates Transaction Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland21 February 2016
Wonderful working environment, when I was working in Council as an intern, all the colleagues are willing to support you and teach you. Workers in Council can learn useful skills .
Experieced BI Technical Support and Developer
Data Warehouse Developer (Current Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand5 February 2016
Over 12 years work experience as IT specialist of BI Technical Support, DBA, Data Specialist, Data warehouse developing, BI and SQL Developing on both OLTP and OLAP system on the IBM platform, under IT services and industry background, and the 11 years of my work experience was coming from China and US state's company
A world of opportunity
Financial Systems Analyst - Technical (Current Employee) –  Auckland Central10 January 2016
No day is the same as the one before. Auckland Council is undergoing transition, so there is a deeply ingrained culture of continuous improvement.
We are a hard working team that operates with empathy and without ego.
Pros
Well resourced and supported
Cons
Always have the willing to learn, hard worker, well Organized and self controlled, enjoying social work.
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N13 December 2015
• Ability to handle different kind of situations with disciplined,
rational and patient approach
• Time magement skills. Have an ability to work under pressure
• Good communication and presentation
Accounting Shared Services Help Desk Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Auckland New Zealand22 November 2015
Very aware of not over spending rate payers money, collaborative and supportive work environment.
I learnt so much about the rating policy for Auckland.
Pros
Everyone will help each other when workloads increase
Cons
very few benefits
Supportive management with lots of career opportunities
SCANNING OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand2 August 2015
With in a short span of time I got two promotions as Scanning Coordinator and Data Steward where I was able to make positive contributions to the team.
Good Place to work
Senior Planner (Former Employee) –  Auckland28 June 2015
Good place to work, everyone is friendly and helpful. Always dealing with the public which makes the work interesting.
Fun envrionment with losts of people contact
REGIONAL AND SPECIALIST PARKS (Current Employee) –  Manukau and Central Auckland24 June 2015
Every day provides something new with lots of people contact. I work very closely with staff across all sectors of regional parks, coordinating a variety of fun projects simultaneously. Ensuing deliverance of project on-time and within budget is a challenge, which I enjoy - always up for a new challenge!
Pros
Fun environment to work in
Cons
Lack of project that provide a real challenge
productive, fun, busy, enjoyable.
Volunteer Garden Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N17 June 2015
I have learn't at this job is that every day is different and enjoyable. I meet new people every day and love to make the community look beautiful.The hardest thing for me is when people vandlise the community.
Pros
working some where different everyday
Overall okay
Building control processing officer (Former Employee) –  Central auckland18 March 2015
Good employer overall
Some micro managment, higher workload demand and expectation. decent pay good performence pay rates.
Great atmosphere, great people
Rates Transactions Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD13 March 2015
I really enjoyed working with Auckland Council, when I first started I felt very welcomed and everyone was helpful and knowledgeable.

My role was Rates Transactions Co-ordinator. My typical day was sorting through customer application forms for a Rates Rebate. So I would enter all the data from them, calling customers and then batching the forms and sending them to Accounts Payable for them to be completed.

Everyone in my department got on really well and worked as a great team.

The hardest part of the job is that it can get quite repetitive and I feel my skills were not being used in full. But working with such a great team makes all the difference in a work place.
Pros
Learnt a lot.
Cons
Repetative
Tough
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Manurewa, N8 March 2015
doing this for one day was a bit scary because u had to talk properly and as well as trying to do things yourself was scary and you had to follow orders
Pros
Cons
doing it with the hos

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Auckland Council. Our community is ready to answer.