Auckland District Health Board Employee Reviews

Productive and good for professional development
Senior Cardio-respiratory Outpatients Physiotherapist (Former Employee) –  Auckland22 November 2019
~ Supported by Senior staff and management
~ Good for professional development and growth
~ Enjoyable colleagues
~ Complex and interesting case load
Productive and good people
TEAM ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland3 October 2019
A very busy role as dealing with staff entering the Auckland District Health board and needing to check if they have been vaccinated for MMR, and other vaccinations. People phoning in inquiring about their immunity and what their status is. Lab forms emailed to them to have the required vaccinations done before beginning their role with the "Auckland "District Health Board. There were procedures we had to follow and it was done in parts till the whole process was finalized by nursing staff as they did followup them. The most enjoyable part of the job was my team. Having a laugh and conversing with them on a day to day basis. I learned alot in this role about vaccinations and how important it is to be immunized against certain diseases.

Unfortunately, the Health & Safety department went through restructuring of the entire administration team. .
Productive and Fun Workplace
IT Support Engineer (Contract Role) (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland25 September 2019
- Configuring, managing and supporting 180 network printers for SAP Business Objects and Business intelligence application migration.
- Configuration of new Laptops & Desktops by deploying the Global Standard OS images of Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 using SCCM & Offline Images if required.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, hardware and any other new business requirements
- Gain a basic understanding and expertise about various in-house healthcare applications internally, understand the support flow for the same.
- Supporting set of processes to capture the Configuration Identification (CIs) changes done in the healthcare BI environments from development to production.
- Maintaining IT assets such as Laptops, Desktops, network printers in Active Directory
- Issue resolution, by performing root cause analysis, escalating issues to external IT service providers
- Work both cohesively as a team and autonomously
Fun and challenging place to work
Team Leader & Manager, Staffing Bureau (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand20 August 2019
Pros: Vacation package, competitive salary rates, engaging work

Cons: Long work hours

Overal a great place to work and learn about the heart of NZ work and culture. People are passionate about what they do.
Rewarding Job
I enjoyed my time at ADHB, working as a receptionist was the most rewarding position I had in the 6 years I was there.
There is a lot of room to grow into roles and the flexible working hours were great.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Parking
Fantastic group of peers when I worked in WAU.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland20 January 2019
Working in WAU (Women's Assessment Unit) was a real Adrenalin rush.
Every shift I would be determined to help the constant stream of Pregnant women in need of acute nursing.
Pros
Fabulous peer group of nurses and multidisciplinary team.
Cons
Parking issues.
A great place to work
Prepping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Auckland13 January 2019
As being part of a very big hospital, it is always very busy running at 90-100% on daily basis.

Patient confidentiality and privacy is top priority. Management is very approachable and professional. Being part of such a large organisation we have lot of different cultural background people to work with and it is very nice to know about other cultures.

The most enjoyable part is when we work together as a team to provide the best to our patients and visitors.
Pros
flexiable hours
Cons
Travelling
Interesting
Clinical Lead Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Auckland31 July 2018
Great clinical and cultural diversity and lots of option to advance your knowledge. They work to take care of the staff (excluding compensation)

Overall the organization lacks vision and foresight. Practice operations is like stepping back in time 20 years. There is lack of unity within the hospital with each directorate acting seemingly autonomously.
Career progression and Benefits
Auckland (Current Employee) –  Auckland2 June 2018
I am personally enjoying the help of the organization when it comes to career progression. ADHB helps the staff to go to the higher level in their career by helping them with their portfolio and encouraging them to attend study days and trainings. And the pay fair wages.
A good and encouraging platform for the startup of career
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Auckland24 April 2018
A good and encouraging platform for the startup of career. the staff are friendly and enthusiastic to work. For the quick learners, it is the best opportunity to cash-in the skills.
productive and fun workplace
Orthopaedics Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  auckland city hospital12 March 2018
I enjoyed working in Auckland city hospital, it was my dream to work in hospital at first place. the staff were friendly and very helpful during my first week of work. the environment its quite confusing as a new staff but I've learn a lot through the other member staff in hospital. We respect each other culture and individual privacy.
Pros
working as a team
Cons
less pay
Training and Development focused
IT Team Administrator (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland11 May 2017
As this organizaiton uses number of tools, even though i have worked on for few weeks, they spent most of the time for training me on these tools to avoid any mistakes during my work.
Pros
can gain knowledge of more tools
Cons
for temporary assignments, this is time consuming
good
RYFS Social Worker (Former Employee) –  auckland22 December 2016
Was great, however I was looking for more intervention based work theraputic interventions and the funding pool was not set up to cater for that.

Workers are great people
Pros
they are good at what they do
Cons
I was awaiting intervention work which they were not set up for
voluntary
practicum - Unitec field placement (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland8 December 2016
was placed here as part of my field placement...thoroughly enjoyed the experience! my task was to pull together a community gardens forum and during that process was able to attend other events that were relevant to what was going on in the Auckland district.
Pros
networking with interesting people
Cons
n/a
An organised and supportive workplace
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenlane, Auckland5 November 2016
The day would begin by gathering requirements concerning analysis for a user. Then using various tools, information would be extracted and using your knowledge we would isolate trend and report on findings. Liaising with the user on findings is essential since they would know the inner working and what ti expect. Finally, an end product which communicates your findings is necessary.

How to communicate effectively, asking the right questions and being curious are the keys things I personally, have learned.

Upper management was effective with their communication; ensuring the team understands expectations, priorities, and means of progression.

Co-workers were supportive and always enthusiastic.

The hardest part of the role was not being able to be part of every project or initiative. Being the type of person who constantly looks to engage and develop, this was especially hard since there is always work happening.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be the communication and analysis. I was able to be curious, learn the system, how it worked, engage with many hospital staff members - both clinical and nonclinical.
Pros
Lunches, ability to work with many staff
Cons
Demanding users
Fast paced work environment
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland25 October 2016
Working at the Soap Factory was good as a side job. I was able to earn while studying and also meet new people. Working here allowed me to work in a team environment, packing and labelling with great demand. I learned different ways of packing things faster and just how to keep up with the demands of the order.
Pros
Appreciation awards
Cons
Job security
Challenging and complex organisation working within a higly regulated market.
Occupational Health & Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Greenlane Clinical centre11 October 2016
Overall an interesting and enjoyable but not totally rewarding workplace.
The scope of work was demanding but allowed for development of new skills and knowledge.
Productive work area
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD8 August 2016
I was only apart of the workplace for a time span of one week. I was not receiving any type of income. It was strictly a programme to experience a workplace of my choice, for learning purposes.
Awesome experience.
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland4 August 2016
The experience needed was full on awareness of your work environment. Managing and prioritizing your workload was the key of a successful day. Co workers are very family orientated and supportive towards co workers. Working as a team and communication is important. Hardest part of the job I thought was you didn't do enough but we did. The most enjoyable part of the job is I found it very rewarding being able to help those in need of assistance.
Pros
Having a much needed break
Cons
not enough staff
Good team work,enjoyong team work and co-ordination of work after hours
Registered Nurse level-3 (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland25 June 2016
Really enjoying my work in ward 77 ACH
Good team work and in charge
Learned to manage patients with different type of ortho surgeries from simple to complex
Some times shift work is bit hard
Working in a very happy and safe environment,seeing patients whom you cared are getting better
Pros
Roster request