Auckland District Health Board
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Auckland District Health Board Employee Reviews

New Zealand36 reviews
Great team, also great leadership, Had a lovely time working there with good friends & nurses. Only worked part time Sat/Sun 6am til 3pm public bus es
As the largest hospital in New Zealand, ADHB touches many lives. Anyone seeking to have a positive impact in health care will feel right at home working for this Company.
It is extremely stressful to work as a ward clerk in the Adult Emergency Department as a Ward Clerk. It is a busy and high pressure environment. There are multiple instances of work place bullying from senior and other colleagues. Also there are cameras in the Level 2 staff room toilets.
It was pleasure to work there and gained lots of experience. There were time going smoothly. But stressful busy times when short staffed. It was satisfying when you serve patients. Gained experience in different departments within the inpatient pharmacy.
~ Supported by Senior staff and management
~ Good for professional development and growth

~ Enjoyable colleagues

~ Complex and interesting case load
A very busy role as dealing with staff entering the Auckland District Health board and needing to check if they have been vaccinated for MMR, and other vaccinations. People phoning in inquiring about their immunity and what their status is. Lab forms emailed to them to have the required vaccinations done before beginning their role with the "Auckland "District Health Board. There were procedures we had to follow and it was done in parts till the whole process was finalized by nursing staff as they did followup them. The most enjoyable part of the job was my team. Having a laugh and conversing with them on a day to day basis. I learned alot in this role about vaccinations and how important it is to be immunized against certain diseases.

Unfortunately, the Health & Safety department went through restructuring of the entire administration team. .
- Configuring, managing and supporting 180 network printers for SAP Business Objects and Business intelligence application migration.
- Configuration of new Laptops & Desktops by deploying the Global Standard OS images of Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 using SCCM & Offline Images if required.

- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, hardware and any other new business requirements

- Gain a basic understanding and expertise about various in-house healthcare applications internally, understand the support flow for the same.

- Supporting set of processes to capture the Configuration Identification (CIs) changes done in the healthcare BI environments from development to production.

- Maintaining IT assets such as Laptops, Desktops, network printers in Active Directory

- Issue resolution, by performing root cause analysis, escalating issues to external IT service providers

- Work both cohesively as a team and autonomously
Pros: Vacation package, competitive salary rates, engaging work

Cons: Long work hours

Overal a great place to work and learn about the heart of NZ work and culture. People are passionate about what they do.
I enjoyed my time at ADHB, working as a receptionist was the most rewarding position I had in the 6 years I was there.
There is a lot of room to grow into roles and the flexible working hours were great.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Parking
Working in WAU (Women's Assessment Unit) was a real Adrenalin rush.
Every shift I would be determined to help the constant stream of Pregnant women in need of acute nursing.
Pros
Fabulous peer group of nurses and multidisciplinary team.
Cons
Parking issues.
As being part of a very big hospital, it is always very busy running at 90-100% on daily basis.

Patient confidentiality and privacy is top priority. Management is very approachable and professional. Being part of such a large organisation we have lot of different cultural background people to work with and it is very nice to know about other cultures.

The most enjoyable part is when we work together as a team to provide the best to our patients and visitors.
Pros
flexiable hours
Cons
Travelling
Great clinical and cultural diversity and lots of option to advance your knowledge. They work to take care of the staff (excluding compensation)

Overall the organization lacks vision and foresight. Practice operations is like stepping back in time 20 years. There is lack of unity within the hospital with each directorate acting seemingly autonomously.
I am personally enjoying the help of the organization when it comes to career progression. ADHB helps the staff to go to the higher level in their career by helping them with their portfolio and encouraging them to attend study days and trainings. And the pay fair wages.
A good and encouraging platform for the startup of career. the staff are friendly and enthusiastic to work. For the quick learners, it is the best opportunity to cash-in the skills.
I enjoyed working in Auckland city hospital, it was my dream to work in hospital at first place. the staff were friendly and very helpful during my first week of work. the environment its quite confusing as a new staff but I've learn a lot through the other member staff in hospital. We respect each other culture and individual privacy.
Pros
working as a team
Cons
less pay
As this organizaiton uses number of tools, even though i have worked on for few weeks, they spent most of the time for training me on these tools to avoid any mistakes during my work.
Pros
can gain knowledge of more tools
Cons
for temporary assignments, this is time consuming
Was great, however I was looking for more intervention based work theraputic interventions and the funding pool was not set up to cater for that.

Workers are great people
Pros
they are good at what they do
Cons
I was awaiting intervention work which they were not set up for
was placed here as part of my field placement...thoroughly enjoyed the experience! my task was to pull together a community gardens forum and during that process was able to attend other events that were relevant to what was going on in the Auckland district.
Pros
networking with interesting people
Cons
n/a
The day would begin by gathering requirements concerning analysis for a user. Then using various tools, information would be extracted and using your knowledge we would isolate trend and report on findings. Liaising with the user on findings is essential since they would know the inner working and what ti expect. Finally, an end product which communicates your findings is necessary.

How to communicate effectively, asking the right questions and being curious are the keys things I personally, have learned.

Upper management was effective with their communication; ensuring the team understands expectations, priorities, and means of progression.

Co-workers were supportive and always enthusiastic.

The hardest part of the role was not being able to be part of every project or initiative. Being the type of person who constantly looks to engage and develop, this was especially hard since there is always work happening.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be the communication and analysis. I was able to be curious, learn the system, how it worked, engage with many hospital staff members - both clinical and nonclinical.
Pros
Lunches, ability to work with many staff
Cons
Demanding users
Working at the Soap Factory was good as a side job. I was able to earn while studying and also meet new people. Working here allowed me to work in a team environment, packing and labelling with great demand. I learned different ways of packing things faster and just how to keep up with the demands of the order.
Pros
Appreciation awards
Cons
Job security
Overall an interesting and enjoyable but not totally rewarding workplace.
The scope of work was demanding but allowed for development of new skills and knowledge.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Auckland District Health Board. Our community is ready to answer.
Auckland District Health Board Reviews by Location