Auckland Transport
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Auckland Transport Employee Reviews

New Zealand33 reviews
Great Supportive Workplace
Overall great experience with Auckland Transport. The company is large and full of lots of wonderful people and the company culture is supportive. I think that it is easy for certain people to get lost in vastness of the organisation. There was a lot of restructuring that went on when I worked there. I would consider working for them again.
Productive workplace, encouraged upskilling
very productive workplace as there is always something to do, there is plenty of support and management always encouraged upskilling to keep up with the ever-changing world.
Productive days never no two days the same.
Dealing with customers face to face with there enquires, handling stressed and angry customers you learn to be patient and how to solve stressful situations, and learn alot about yourself. Management was always good they always had your back and were trusting of their employees. The workplace culture was good everyone just did what they had to do really and rewards and gifts were given on special days like birthdays and who was awesome at customer service and etc... The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help somebody and seeing the smiles on their faces when they got what they came for, makes me feel proud to be able to help them.
Great company to work for
Needs diversity and inclusion boost - more Pacific Islands staff in Head Office would be appreciated. Brilliant company to work for, SharePoint use is a fresh approach. Nice offices at Viaduct Harbour location. Staff should be able to travel free on AT transport.
Overall a good company to work for.
Flexible working hours;
Could upgrade your skills;

Good management - open plan office areas;

All inclusive culture;

Hardest part of the job - working with a micro manager;

Loving the interaction between teams - all information shared.
I enjoyed my time working for Auckland Transport.
Auckland Transport is a good company to work for. Very flexible with working hours. Have a very diverse culture. ......................................................
Toxic and horrible workplace
All toxic parts of a work environment existed in Auckland Transport at Britomart at a certain time. This did not come from our well known rude customers.
It was the staff who worked alongside me who made my working life a daily mental perdition.

All kinds of discrimination, rumors, lies, selfishness, narcissism and superiority complexes were found scattered in staff of all ranks across AT.

The worst of my personal experiences, was the way I was treated, I was always looked down upon, and competitiveness. Competition made fellow staff of the same rank not worthy of trust, as they would take advantage of whichever opportunity available to bring you down so that you can just be another step up for them on the corporate ladder.

The best thing about this job was the pay. It was very competitively high. But even that did not compensate for the mental scarring I endured whilst being a staff member there. 9 months of servitude, and upon leaving I was told "Action will be taken against me if I am to contact any staff for references". How rude. I am glad I resigned.

I highly do not recommend this workplace to anyone from any walk of life.
A frustrating place
While there are many hard working people, too many decisions are made for political reasons. More focus on Getting the basics right.and giving staff the numbers and the tools to do the job they need to do.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Too many big ideas half done
A progressive and growing workplace
AT is in the midst of remodelling itself from a traditional government organisation into a truly customer-centred business capable of delivering to the complex challenges of providing transport solutions to Auckland, New Zealand.
Pros
Felxible working hours, great teams
Cons
Sometimes suffered from a lack of direction and gets mired in change resistance
Fun place to work; need a change in management!
Love the job atmosphere and work ethics; however, very basic needs not met. The employer was unable to provide a transportation discount for its employees that are not "permanent." Anyone travelling extreme west to extreme north would ideally get frustrated with this petty issue; however, the workplace culture is excellent! Management is now "outdated" so maybe taking a younger face to the management may bridge the generation gap of our customers.
good team
nice friendly place to work, the team were social and approachable, the only issue was that the office was spilt across two sites in the city which made communication difficult at time
Good people, relaxed work atmosphere
one of the best work environment ive been in. Good people and and management, Culture is very important to them. However the only downside is if you work in the viaduct office,there is no parking and no subsidised transport for the employees
Work Life Balance
Work Life balance, the culture values catching up and encourage communication. Flexible work timing and there is an option to work from home. Autonomy is also good but sometimes bad.
Pros
Work Flexibility/ work from home/ Autonomy
Cons
Almost no succession plans/ Career growth is flat and slow
They provided adequate training for the work required.
Managers and other employees were friendly and made the work environment an enjoyable place.

Opportunities to move up and around in the company.
Productive and cozy work atmosphere
Auckland Transport is one of my favorite jobs ever.
The atmosphere is so nice.

The company is well concerned about their employees and will take good care of them.

You are able to express yourself and grow within the company if you have the desire to.

The company spirit is just one that makes you feel comfortable at work.
Pros
Tea time
Growing orginisation
Traffic counting was a very uniformed space before I've started there and I had to build a process and a structure how to structure the programme that it would be sufficiant data to build and plan massive impotant projects.
Management was great and they have trusted my abilities

The hardest part of the job was laying the foundation and the stuctures with all the contractors and to stay focus on the targets set out in the structure build

The most enjoyable part was when we met our target and all the processes and structures was in place and functioned extreamly well and the results was great.
Pros
Ability to grow
Cons
I have worked long hours to achieve the target
Great job
I have worked in call centers before and this is by far the best one I've had the opportunity to work at. Atmosphere is friendly and every call is different.
Productive and growth
Every day is full of enjoyment. full of laughter and also positive energy.

Management is great and focused, the atmosphere of the work space is great.

Most enjoyable part of the job is solving solutions for peoples struggles.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Heavy amount of angry customers.
Management Style
Pathetic Top Management, doesn't know much about Project Delivery Management. PMO is full of rubbish skilled people. People are mostly of council background.
Pros
Good work/life balance but limited career progression
Life started well at AT and I was kept busy with a large project. Once completed however, the role changed significantly and opportunities to contribute to over all business unit objectives dried out.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
salary, no alignment within organisation, limited funding, poor direction from the top
Productive workplace
I work for a short period covering a fixed term contract. The company is fairly large and involves with asset management, creating new infrastructures, providing road, rail and marine public transport services in the Auckland region. My role was ensuring road corridor users comply with their regulatory and consented requirements
Pros
Work car
Cons
no car park for private cars