Auckland Transport Employee Reviews

Fun place to work; need a change in management!
Face to Face Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mairangi Bay, Auckland4 July 2019
Love the job atmosphere and work ethics; however, very basic needs not met. The employer was unable to provide a transportation discount for its employees that are not "permanent." Anyone travelling extreme west to extreme north would ideally get frustrated with this petty issue; however, the workplace culture is excellent! Management is now "outdated" so maybe taking a younger face to the management may bridge the generation gap of our customers.
good team
Customer Feedback Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Auckland11 June 2019
nice friendly place to work, the team were social and approachable, the only issue was that the office was spilt across two sites in the city which made communication difficult at time
Good people, relaxed work atmosphere
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland5 May 2019
one of the best work environment ive been in. Good people and and management, Culture is very important to them. However the only downside is if you work in the viaduct office,there is no parking and no subsidised transport for the employees
Work Life Balance
Procurement (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland16 January 2019
Work Life balance, the culture values catching up and encourage communication. Flexible work timing and there is an option to work from home. Autonomy is also good but sometimes bad.
Pros
Work Flexibility/ work from home/ Autonomy
Cons
Almost no succession plans/ Career growth is flat and slow
Customer Feedback Coordinator (Former Employee) –  CBD Auckland5 July 2018
They provided adequate training for the work required.
Managers and other employees were friendly and made the work environment an enjoyable place.
Opportunities to move up and around in the company.
Productive and cozy work atmosphere
Administration Assistent (Former Employee) –  Auckland1 July 2018
Auckland Transport is one of my favorite jobs ever.
The atmosphere is so nice.

The company is well concerned about their employees and will take good care of them.
You are able to express yourself and grow within the company if you have the desire to.

The company spirit is just one that makes you feel comfortable at work.
Pros
Tea time
Growing orginisation
Traffic Counting Technician (Former Employee) –  Henderson, Auckland22 March 2018
Traffic counting was a very uniformed space before I've started there and I had to build a process and a structure how to structure the programme that it would be sufficiant data to build and plan massive impotant projects.
Management was great and they have trusted my abilities
The hardest part of the job was laying the foundation and the stuctures with all the contractors and to stay focus on the targets set out in the structure build
The most enjoyable part was when we met our target and all the processes and structures was in place and functioned extreamly well and the results was great.
Pros
Ability to grow
Cons
I have worked long hours to achieve the target
Great job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Auckland29 November 2017
I have worked in call centers before and this is by far the best one I've had the opportunity to work at. Atmosphere is friendly and every call is different.
Productive and growth
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland16 October 2017
Every day is full of enjoyment. full of laughter and also positive energy.

Management is great and focused, the atmosphere of the work space is great.

Most enjoyable part of the job is solving solutions for peoples struggles.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Heavy amount of angry customers.
Management Style
Project Controls Manager, New Zealand (Former Employee) –  Auckland27 August 2017
Pathetic Top Management, doesn't know much about Project Delivery Management. PMO is full of rubbish skilled people. People are mostly of council background.
Pros
Good work/life balance but limited career progression
Risk & Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland16 March 2017
Life started well at AT and I was kept busy with a large project. Once completed however, the role changed significantly and opportunities to contribute to over all business unit objectives dried out.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
salary, no alignment within organisation, limited funding, poor direction from the top
Productive workplace
Compliance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland27 January 2017
I work for a short period covering a fixed term contract. The company is fairly large and involves with asset management, creating new infrastructures, providing road, rail and marine public transport services in the Auckland region. My role was ensuring road corridor users comply with their regulatory and consented requirements
Pros
Work car
Cons
no car park for private cars
good work place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  new zealand3 January 2017
fun team environment managers are good learning skills are well good team to get along with multiculturle back rounds ethnics as well store manager is good person
Pros
free lunches
Challenging yet enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland10 November 2016
I enjoyed my time at Auckland Transport immensely, which is shown by my 3 extensions. I had a fantastic team, with which I had a great relationship both within and outside the office. While the work could often be challenging, I felt confident in my ability to deal with each case and, working alongside multiple different departments, we were able to provide customers with quick resolutions. The management was often very helpful as well as approachable and ensured we were all comfortable in our roles.Had I decided to stay in Auckland, I would likely still be working there.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland1 February 2016
Both Management and co-workers are awesome people who work hard and provide great support to staff. It is a fast pace environment where software systems are constantly upgrading to provide the best service for customers.The hardest part of this job is the rotation shift and being open 365 days a year. The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers.
Pros
Awesome staff
Cons
Rotate Shift work, open 365 days a year.
fun work place
Face to Face Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N20 January 2016
good team, friendly people, fast paced and not for the easily discouraged employee. Great place to get out of the office and work directly with customers
Productive,New Creative problems daily,Varied workplace
Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Takapuna12 March 2015
daily team briefs-updates,situations to attend and Priority areas
Roster boards,Area Boards,Timesheets of staff, Reviews and updates on problems phoned in by Public over whole North shore,Solutions and officer Briefs.

Daily Team Reports and IT Updates and problems

Visting Public ,schools or Police with solutions and updates

General running of teams and supplies and meetings with Management in CBD

Daily time with officers in areas

Hardest part-finding amicable solutions for the public when legalities have been broken.

Co Workers -incredible-very tough job with ongoing problems-work & family related

Best part of job-The fellow workers,getting solutions to assist Public and really making a difference with decisions made.
Pros
Comradeship
Cons
Too many managers
Great Work Place
Parking Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Central Auckland14 January 2015
I enjoy my job with Auckland Transport.

Great opportunities to advance within the organisation.
I have learnt a lot about enforcement. And the public.
Pros
Outside and inside
Cons
Rain
Facilities Management
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Auckland, N14 September 2014
•a typical day at work
Being an operations manager of New Zealand's largest integrated public transport facilities, my day is typically working through and managing any breakdowns and to proactively implement preventative management strategies to ensure a smooth running facility.

•what you learned
In my 11 years within Facility Management I have learnt a great more about effective communication and how you get the best out of your permanent and contracted staff.

•management
Management can be a challenge everyday you come to work and essentially that it was you are there for, to manage and work through any matters which require a level of expertise and care in order to resolve and better the situation

•your co-workers
Working within operations, it is important that you are a team player, to ensure effective production output levels are maintained throughout the business week. Having a good relationship with your peers is important to the success of your business.

•the hardest part of the job
Maintaining a smooth running facility during a special event can sometimes be challenging, which requires a comprehensive management plan to be produced and complied with in order to mitigate any crowd control incidents.

•the most enjoyable part of the job
Interacting with the public is an enjoyable part of my day and meeting and communicating with the vast number of ethnic groups which visit our facility.
Pros
Stability, remuneration
Cons
Direction and training
productive and fun workplace
Ambassador (Sales Team Member) - Temp Staff (Former Employee) –  auckland11 August 2014
Typical day at work is face to face encounter with people and offering them a good customer service. Management provides all the needs including free public transportation and uniforms. Co-workers were friendly and hard working. the most enjoyable part of the job is getting a lot of sales so your team can get the highest sales in entire auckland region which in the end we got a reward on top of our salary.
Pros
free transportation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Auckland Transport. Our community is ready to answer.