Auckland Transport

Auckland Transport Employee Reviews

New Zealand39 reviews

4.0Work–Life Balance

Quite exiting work place

I enjoy working there, the team was nice and supportive, my team leader is very good person helping in nature. typical government work environment, the only thing I don't like was there was no or rear chance of up gradation.

It was okay

I worked as a Customer Service Representative at Auckland Transport. It was mentally exhausting, depressing and they most certainly do not uphold their values. I strongly recommend you look elsewhere.

Pros

Good training to begin with, Two good senior mentors, alright pay.

Cons

Favouritism, lack of support, slow and old systems, frustrating and depressing, gossip and no team work, no breaks at times, new people are not liked by some.

Great culture and Team Leaders

I worked at AT from 2015-2017. The contact center was very well-run with robust processes and team leaders always willing to help out. The people were friendly and we had exciting team building activities and contact center activities to boost morale. It was a great experience for a first job.

Pros

Friendly staff, shift swaps, staff quality recognition and monthly awards

Cons

Subpar pay, late shifts, with latest ending at 9pm. Weekends.

Learning

Formal setting and corporate culture. Not much team based driven and more individually tasked. Typical day at work. Very flexible working and time based tasks.

Focused on improving transport in the region

Very good place to work and good opportunities for those who want to progress. Focused on improving transport and getting value for money. Lots of contractors working for AT which is not always the best for the organisation...

Loved the people

Loved the people I covered about 4 different roles but don’t feel i was rewarded financially. The stress sometimes was a lot. A lot of politics but an okay place to work

Great Supportive Workplace

Overall great experience with Auckland Transport. The company is large and full of lots of wonderful people and the company culture is supportive. I think that it is easy for certain people to get lost in vastness of the organisation. There was a lot of restructuring that went on when I worked there. I would consider working for them again.

Productive workplace, encouraged upskilling

very productive workplace as there is always something to do, there is plenty of support and management always encouraged upskilling to keep up with the ever-changing world.

Productive days never no two days the same.

Dealing with customers face to face with there enquires, handling stressed and angry customers you learn to be patient and how to solve stressful situations, and learn alot about yourself. Management was always good they always had your back and were trusting of their employees. The workplace culture was good everyone just did what they had to do really and rewards and gifts were given on special days like birthdays and who was awesome at customer service and etc... The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help somebody and seeing the smiles on their faces when they got what they came for, makes me feel proud to be able to help them.

Great company to work for

Needs diversity and inclusion boost - more Pacific Islands staff in Head Office would be appreciated. Brilliant company to work for, SharePoint use is a fresh approach. Nice offices at Viaduct Harbour location. Staff should be able to travel free on AT transport.

Overall a good company to work for.

Flexible working hours; Could upgrade your skills; Good management - open plan office areas; All inclusive culture; Hardest part of the job - working with a micro manager; Loving the interaction between teams - all information shared.

I enjoyed my time working for Auckland Transport.

Auckland Transport is a good company to work for. Very flexible with working hours. Have a very diverse culture. ......................................................

Toxic and horrible workplace

All toxic parts of a work environment existed in Auckland Transport at Britomart at a certain time. This did not come from our well known rude customers. It was the staff who worked alongside me who made my working life a daily mental perdition. All kinds of discrimination, rumors, lies, selfishness, narcissism and superiority complexes were found scattered in staff of all ranks across AT. The worst of my personal experiences, was the way I was treated, I was always looked down upon, and competitiveness. Competition made fellow staff of the same rank not worthy of trust, as they would take advantage of whichever opportunity available to bring you down so that you can just be another step up for them on the corporate ladder. The best thing about this job was the pay. It was very competitively high. But even that did not compensate for the mental scarring I endured whilst being a staff member there. 9 months of servitude, and upon leaving I was told "Action will be taken against me if I am to contact any staff for references". How rude. I am glad I resigned. I highly do not recommend this workplace to anyone from any walk of life.

A frustrating place

While there are many hard working people, too many decisions are made for political reasons. More focus on Getting the basics right.and giving staff the numbers and the tools to do the job they need to do.

Pros

Good people

Cons

Too many big ideas half done

A progressive and growing workplace

AT is in the midst of remodelling itself from a traditional government organisation into a truly customer-centred business capable of delivering to the complex challenges of providing transport solutions to Auckland, New Zealand.

Pros

Felxible working hours, great teams

Cons

Sometimes suffered from a lack of direction and gets mired in change resistance

Fun place to work; need a change in management!

Love the job atmosphere and work ethics; however, very basic needs not met. The employer was unable to provide a transportation discount for its employees that are not "permanent." Anyone travelling extreme west to extreme north would ideally get frustrated with this petty issue; however, the workplace culture is excellent! Management is now "outdated" so maybe taking a younger face to the management may bridge the generation gap of our customers.

good team

nice friendly place to work, the team were social and approachable, the only issue was that the office was spilt across two sites in the city which made communication difficult at time

Good people, relaxed work atmosphere

one of the best work environment ive been in. Good people and and management, Culture is very important to them. However the only downside is if you work in the viaduct office,there is no parking and no subsidised transport for the employees

Work Life Balance

Work Life balance, the culture values catching up and encourage communication. Flexible work timing and there is an option to work from home. Autonomy is also good but sometimes bad.

Pros

Work Flexibility/ work from home/ Autonomy

Cons

Almost no succession plans/ Career growth is flat and slow

They provided adequate training for the work required. Managers and other employees were friendly and made the work environment an enjoyable place. Opportunities to move up and around in the company.

Productive and cozy work atmosphere

Auckland Transport is one of my favorite jobs ever. The atmosphere is so nice. The company is well concerned about their employees and will take good care of them. You are able to express yourself and grow within the company if you have the desire to. The company spirit is just one that makes you feel comfortable at work.

Pros

Tea time

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Auckland Transport. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Auckland Transport