Auckland University of Technology
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Auckland University of Technology Employee Reviews

4.1Work–Life Balance

Inclusive and fun workplace

AUT tends to attract people who are passionate about education or empowering others. That makes it a very enjoyable place to work. It is also inclusive and respectful of people of different background.

Pros

Close knitted work colleagues

Cons

Lower salary

14 June 2021
Thanks for posting, great that you're enjoying the inclusive culture and work environment of the University. We appreciate the positive feedback.

Excellent part time employment for me in 2008.

A very happy rewarding experience in 2008.Collaborative colleagues and student colleagues took studying very seriously between 2003 and 2008when I was at AUT,

Pros

Many.

Cons

None.

Team Organisaiton

Auckland University of Technology has a friendly and well-balanced and respected team culture among international business employees, which is a well-mixed culture.

Pretty good

As I came in on temp contract was only supposed to work for the summer, they ended up keeping me on for another year, all staff I worked with were great however certain management was poor.

Great place, Good people, Nice Benefits

A great bunch of people, no real pressure and lots of good benefits. There are really busy periods of work and then really slow periods. Happy to recommend.

okay

good experience working here it was okay worked for a little while but i need to be paid more so give me more money when i work for this company please

A generally good place to work

Teaching is high quality, but staff are overworked. Not much work/life balance is expected. Some great pockets of valuable research and researchers. Generally, a good place to work.

Productive and Fun workplace

The working culture in AUT was very well managed and secure. The team leader and manager were very supportive and creative. came across many difficulties during work both was well prepared to managed it.

It's a good place to work with a good life/work balance. Got opportunities for professional development. But not fairly recognizing the efforts of contract staff. Govt. rules say that if you have been working on a contract basis for two years you should be offered a permanent position. But usually, managers play all the games by moving you in and out from a fixed-term to causal basis and no one is looking over this. This caused a lot of frustration and feeling of insecurity to the contract employees

Relaxed culture. Being a University adminstrative affairs tend to be very slow.

I found this to be a collaborative, supportive, and relaxed environment to work in. I was surrounded by smart capable people which I found stimulating. The largest downside was administrative overheads that come with being a large university.

Focused but fun work place

Extremely busy and work focused staff members. However, everyone is always open for a moment to share a joke and collaborate ideas. Respectful environment with diversity.

2 September 2019
Many thanks for your feedback and insights, much appreciated

Productive and fun workplace

Aut is a fun and exciting place to study and volunteer for, you get the freedom to really explore you capabilities and learn experiences that help in the read world. event planning was highly fun working in team enviroment.

2 September 2019
Many thanks for the comments, great to see you had the freedom mentioned to make the most of your role here!

AUT Professional

Great people to work for, lots of opportunity to progress and study too. I learned different systems and tech to apply to my role. Seconded to Board of Studies as admi istrator

Pros

Free study

Cons

Training team overworked

2 September 2019
Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. Great to hear you've been able to upskill during your time at AUT!

Agile Approach to helping other workers and students.

Good working environment to gain ICT experience. Able to work in a team environment. Flexible in working in any environment. Team player. My Role involves assisting AUT staff and students with ICT queries regarding their accounts in person or over the phone, printer maintenance, and making sure the computer labs are operating smoothly every shift.

Pros

Management supportive

3 April 2019
Many thanks for the feedback, great to hear you're enjoying your role in ICT!

New job

It was a highly academic job and had a lot to learn, Since i was fresh out of University, I thoroughly enjoyed the job to begin with but soon got over as it was a fixed-term job.

Pros

Work environment

Cons

Fixed term job

19 November 2018
Thanks for the feedback, glad you enjoyed the experience with us. Keep an eye on the Careers site (https://www.aut.ac.nz/about/careers-at-aut) and ensure you're registered for job alerts for permanent opportunities as they are advertised, which may be of interest in the future.

Productive and fun place

A fun place work to in with great colleagues. great work place culture and was a joy to work in. There was no pressure from the management and you were at liberty to come up with creative ideas to engage the students.

Pros

no pressure

Cons

nothing

19 November 2018
Many thanks for the positive feedback - and fantastic to hear you embraced the flexibility available to create and come up with new ideas for student engagement.

Very productive and academic environment

A typical day is when I deal with less English speaking person with an angry attitude, I need a lot of patience and communication according to the client like writing down needs instead of talking. The workplace has a flexible management in further helping to search for a language connect person who speaks the same language. It helps lessen the time and serve the client within the time frame. The enjoyable time at work is that I can interact often with a range of diverse people and learn about different cultures and different language every day

Pros

Free coffee and tea and socialize environment or getting to know who you work with

11 November 2018
Many thanks for the feedback. Pleased to hear you've seen first hand the positive way in which AUT engages and embraces diversity as an organisation, we appreciate your positive contributions to the University!

Really fun and productive work environment

It was a great experience working there. The best part about working there was the fact that i got to meet with students and other departments, helping me realize that the work i did was actually meaningful as i got the feedback from the end users.

11 November 2018
Thanks for the great feedback. Fantastic to hear you've enjoyed the student engagement and were able to get an understanding of the real impact your work made on end users.

Excelent culture

AUT has a good culture and good management as well, it is flexible with international staff and they're always there to help you and follow up any inquiry

30 September 2018
Thanks for the positive feedback, great you're enjoying your experience here.

waste of time

I was on a contract and it was a very stressful workplace: cutthroat, lack of training and professional development, lack of inclusion, poor management.

11 September 2018
Thank you for your feedback. This is not the experience we would want any of our staff at AUT to experience. One of our key themes is that AUT is a great place to work and study, and we have many initiatives in place to support this. We hope you raised your concerns with your line manager or your relevant HR representative during your time with us, but if not then we’d welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience with us so that we can make improvements.

Fun workplace

Its a fun place where you meet new people from all walks in life. However, sometimes stressful with everything that happens in a university. Nonetheless, the experience is worthwhile.

10 September 2018
Thanks for the feedback, glad you enjoyed your time with AUT

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Auckland University of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2