Auckland University of Technology Employee Reviews

Focused but fun work place
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland28 August 2019
Extremely busy and work focused staff members. However, everyone is always open for a moment to share a joke and collaborate ideas. Respectful environment with diversity.
2 September 2019

Many thanks for your feedback and insights, much appreciated

Productive and fun workplace
Event Planner and Organizer (Former Employee) –  Auckland30 July 2019
Aut is a fun and exciting place to study and volunteer for, you get the freedom to really explore you capabilities and learn experiences that help in the read world. event planning was highly fun working in team enviroment.
2 September 2019

Many thanks for the comments, great to see you had the freedom mentioned to make the most of your role here!

AUT Professional
PROGRAMME ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  North Shore, Auckland3 July 2019
Great people to work for, lots of opportunity to progress and study too.
I learned different systems and tech to apply to my role.
Seconded to Board of Studies as admi istrator
Pros
Free study
Cons
Training team overworked
2 September 2019

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. Great to hear you've been able to upskill during your time at AUT!

Agile Approach to helping other workers and students.
ICT Student Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand.26 March 2019
Good working environment to gain ICT experience.
Able to work in a team environment.
Flexible in working in any environment.
Team player.

My Role involves assisting AUT staff and students with ICT queries regarding their accounts in person or over the phone, printer maintenance, and making sure the computer labs are operating smoothly every shift.
Pros
Management supportive
3 April 2019

Many thanks for the feedback, great to hear you're enjoying your role in ICT!

New job
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland16 November 2018
It was a highly academic job and had a lot to learn, Since i was fresh out of University, I thoroughly enjoyed the job to begin with but soon got over as it was a fixed-term job.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Fixed term job
19 November 2018

Thanks for the feedback, glad you enjoyed the experience with us.

Keep an eye on the Careers site (https://www.aut.ac.nz/about/careers-at-aut) and ensure you're registered for job alerts for permanent opportunities as they are advertised, which may be of interest in the future.

Productive and fun place
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland13 November 2018
A fun place work to in with great colleagues. great work place culture and was a joy to work in. There was no pressure from the management and you were at liberty to come up with creative ideas to engage the students.
Pros
no pressure
Cons
nothing
19 November 2018

Many thanks for the positive feedback - and fantastic to hear you embraced the flexibility available to create and come up with new ideas for student engagement.

Very productive and academic environment
Auckland - Manukau (Current Employee) –  Auckland - Manukau5 November 2018
A typical day is when I deal with less English speaking person with an angry attitude, I need a lot of patience and communication according to the client like writing down needs instead of talking. The workplace has a flexible management in further helping to search for a language connect person who speaks the same language. It helps lessen the time and serve the client within the time frame.
The enjoyable time at work is that I can interact often with a range of diverse people and learn about different cultures and different language every day
Pros
Free coffee and tea and socialize environment or getting to know who you work with
11 November 2018

Many thanks for the feedback. Pleased to hear you've seen first hand the positive way in which AUT engages and embraces diversity as an organisation, we appreciate your positive contributions to the University!

Really fun and productive work environment
ICT service desk technician - Casual (Current Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland5 November 2018
It was a great experience working there.
The best part about working there was the fact that i got to meet with students and other departments, helping me realize that the work i did was actually meaningful as i got the feedback from the end users.
11 November 2018

Thanks for the great feedback. Fantastic to hear you've enjoyed the student engagement and were able to get an understanding of the real impact your work made on end users.

Excelent culture
Auckland (Current Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland25 September 2018
AUT has a good culture and good management as well, it is flexible with international staff and they're always there to help you and follow up any inquiry
30 September 2018

Thanks for the positive feedback, great you're enjoying your experience here.

waste of time
senior analyst (Former Employee) –  Auckland4 September 2018
I was on a contract and it was a very stressful workplace: cutthroat, lack of training and professional development, lack of inclusion, poor management.
11 September 2018

Thank you for your feedback. This is not the experience we would want any of our staff at AUT to experience. One of our key themes is that AUT is a great place to work and study, and we have many initiatives in place to support this. We hope you raised your concerns with your line manager or your relevant HR representative during your time with us, but if not then we’d welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience with us so that we can make improvements.

Fun workplace
Student (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland10 July 2018
Its a fun place where you meet new people from all walks in life. However, sometimes stressful with everything that happens in a university. Nonetheless, the experience is worthwhile.
10 September 2018

Thanks for the feedback, glad you enjoyed your time with AUT

Excellent
Clinical Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Auckland in NewZealand1 June 2018
Its a very good university with high quality of work. I have enjoyed working in this company , well supported by both the management and staff. Management are excellent and highly experienced
10 September 2018

We appreciate your feedback. Great to hear that you felt the support of management and colleagues and your time working with AUT was a positive one.

Extra to my role
National Assessor (Former Employee) –  NZ2 April 2018
started out as a national assessor for anesthetic technician training then took on role as AUT/NZATS liaison officer. Both very fulfilling roles. Something I did to give back to my profession
productive
Employee (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland26 March 2018
i work under a programme that is run by Auckland University of Technology where i am able to experience new opportunities that challenge me and make me step out of my comfort zone.
Excellent employer
Very good employer and highly ranked in world. Privileged to be part of this organisation. Good professional development for more opportunities. Busy most times.
Pros
Professional development opportunities
Comfortable workspace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland6 March 2018
They always renew computers and other devices for students. Staff need to learn new system of projectors, computer logins, etc. They allow teacher to import new robot and idea to teach.
Pros
new computer
Great opportunity for students
Student Advisor/Coordinator, New Zealand (Former Employee) –  Auckland27 February 2018
Excellent part-time work for a tertiary student. Helped to integrate into working life. Range of job duties and lots of training provided. Worked with lots of different age and ethnic groups. Very culture focused.
Good Pay
Accounts Assistant / Student Trainee (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland1 January 2018
It was a training period and fortunately, I got a temporary work. Unfortunately, I had to fly out of New Zealand in an emergency and at the time I did not have any assurance of the job.
Pros
free coffee
Productive and fun workplace
Student (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland20 December 2017
AUT Business School, in particular, takes a collaborative approach to learning so lectures are interactive and are supplemented with a lot of group workshops in small classes of less than 40.
Pros
Free lunches, Guest Speakers, Great Education
Cons
Understandably high cost of studying
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland25 September 2017
It's a very nice place to work. The organization culture and the environment is perfect to grow and develop skills. Not only for staffs but also for students.
Although great it wasnt free from dynasty seeker and ruin what AUT is about. Overall the University still my prefer employer because of its culture and fun environment.
Pros
Staff Xmas Parties/Department gathering
Cons
Do without the dynasty builder who abuse power .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Auckland University of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2