Auckland University of Technology
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Auckland University of Technology Employee Reviews

Great place, Good people, Nice Benefits
A great bunch of people, no real pressure and lots of good benefits.
There are really busy periods of work and then really slow periods. Happy to recommend.
okay
good experience working here it was okay worked for a little while but i need to be paid more so give me more money when i work for this company please
A generally good place to work
Teaching is high quality, but staff are overworked. Not much work/life balance is expected. Some great pockets of valuable research and researchers. Generally, a good place to work.
Productive and Fun workplace
The working culture in AUT was very well managed and secure. The team leader and manager were very supportive and creative. came across many difficulties during work both was well prepared to managed it.
It's a good place to work with a good life/work balance.
Got opportunities for professional development. But not fairly recognizing the efforts of contract staff. Govt. rules say that if you have been working on a contract basis for two years you should be offered a permanent position. But usually, managers play all the games by moving you in and out from a fixed-term to causal basis and no one is looking over this. This caused a lot of frustration and feeling of insecurity to the contract employees
Relaxed culture. Being a University adminstrative affairs tend to be very slow.
I found this to be a collaborative, supportive, and relaxed environment to work in. I was surrounded by smart capable people which I found stimulating. The largest downside was administrative overheads that come with being a large university.
Focused but fun work place
Extremely busy and work focused staff members. However, everyone is always open for a moment to share a joke and collaborate ideas. Respectful environment with diversity.
2 September 2019
Many thanks for your feedback and insights, much appreciated
Productive and fun workplace
Aut is a fun and exciting place to study and volunteer for, you get the freedom to really explore you capabilities and learn experiences that help in the read world. event planning was highly fun working in team enviroment.
2 September 2019
Many thanks for the comments, great to see you had the freedom mentioned to make the most of your role here!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Auckland University of Technology?
AUT Professional
Great people to work for, lots of opportunity to progress and study too.
I learned different systems and tech to apply to my role.

Seconded to Board of Studies as admi istrator
Pros
Free study
Cons
Training team overworked
2 September 2019
Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. Great to hear you've been able to upskill during your time at AUT!
Agile Approach to helping other workers and students.
Good working environment to gain ICT experience.
Able to work in a team environment.

Flexible in working in any environment.

Team player.

My Role involves assisting AUT staff and students with ICT queries regarding their accounts in person or over the phone, printer maintenance, and making sure the computer labs are operating smoothly every shift.
Pros
Management supportive
3 April 2019
Many thanks for the feedback, great to hear you're enjoying your role in ICT!
New job
It was a highly academic job and had a lot to learn, Since i was fresh out of University, I thoroughly enjoyed the job to begin with but soon got over as it was a fixed-term job.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Fixed term job
19 November 2018
Thanks for the feedback, glad you enjoyed the experience with us.

Keep an eye on the Careers site (https://www.aut.ac.nz/about/careers-at-aut) and ensure you're registered for job alerts for permanent opportunities as they are advertised, which may be of interest in the future.
Productive and fun place
A fun place work to in with great colleagues. great work place culture and was a joy to work in. There was no pressure from the management and you were at liberty to come up with creative ideas to engage the students.
Pros
no pressure
Cons
nothing
19 November 2018
Many thanks for the positive feedback - and fantastic to hear you embraced the flexibility available to create and come up with new ideas for student engagement.
Very productive and academic environment
A typical day is when I deal with less English speaking person with an angry attitude, I need a lot of patience and communication according to the client like writing down needs instead of talking. The workplace has a flexible management in further helping to search for a language connect person who speaks the same language. It helps lessen the time and serve the client within the time frame.
The enjoyable time at work is that I can interact often with a range of diverse people and learn about different cultures and different language every day
Pros
Free coffee and tea and socialize environment or getting to know who you work with
11 November 2018
Many thanks for the feedback. Pleased to hear you've seen first hand the positive way in which AUT engages and embraces diversity as an organisation, we appreciate your positive contributions to the University!
Really fun and productive work environment
It was a great experience working there.
The best part about working there was the fact that i got to meet with students and other departments, helping me realize that the work i did was actually meaningful as i got the feedback from the end users.
11 November 2018
Thanks for the great feedback. Fantastic to hear you've enjoyed the student engagement and were able to get an understanding of the real impact your work made on end users.
Excelent culture
AUT has a good culture and good management as well, it is flexible with international staff and they're always there to help you and follow up any inquiry
30 September 2018
Thanks for the positive feedback, great you're enjoying your experience here.
waste of time
I was on a contract and it was a very stressful workplace: cutthroat, lack of training and professional development, lack of inclusion, poor management.
11 September 2018
Thank you for your feedback. This is not the experience we would want any of our staff at AUT to experience. One of our key themes is that AUT is a great place to work and study, and we have many initiatives in place to support this. We hope you raised your concerns with your line manager or your relevant HR representative during your time with us, but if not then we’d welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience with us so that we can make improvements.
Fun workplace
Its a fun place where you meet new people from all walks in life. However, sometimes stressful with everything that happens in a university. Nonetheless, the experience is worthwhile.
10 September 2018
Thanks for the feedback, glad you enjoyed your time with AUT
Excellent
Its a very good university with high quality of work. I have enjoyed working in this company , well supported by both the management and staff. Management are excellent and highly experienced
10 September 2018
We appreciate your feedback. Great to hear that you felt the support of management and colleagues and your time working with AUT was a positive one.
Extra to my role
started out as a national assessor for anesthetic technician training then took on role as AUT/NZATS liaison officer. Both very fulfilling roles. Something I did to give back to my profession
productive
i work under a programme that is run by Auckland University of Technology where i am able to experience new opportunities that challenge me and make me step out of my comfort zone.
Excellent employer
Very good employer and highly ranked in world. Privileged to be part of this organisation. Good professional development for more opportunities. Busy most times.
Pros
Professional development opportunities