Auckland University of Technology
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Auckland University of Technology Employee Reviews in Auckland CBD, Auckland

Auckland CBD, Auckland4 reviews
Really fun and productive work environment
It was a great experience working there.
The best part about working there was the fact that i got to meet with students and other departments, helping me realize that the work i did was actually meaningful as i got the feedback from the end users.
Official response from Auckland University of Technology
11 November 2018
Thanks for the great feedback. Fantastic to hear you've enjoyed the student engagement and were able to get an understanding of the real impact your work made on end users.
Excelent culture
AUT has a good culture and good management as well, it is flexible with international staff and they're always there to help you and follow up any inquiry
Official response from Auckland University of Technology
30 September 2018
Thanks for the positive feedback, great you're enjoying your experience here.
School Project
This was a school project which involved us school kids to get in touch with the real world and create a product and sell it to real life business or people. Good experience of learning how to run a company.
Pros
Meet new people, Learn alot outside of school
Cons
Long hours, Used most of school time on the one subject
Awesome environment
This job has been fantastic for me, a person who loves interacting with other people and helping out whenever I could, Typical day consists of balancing uni studies with classes, social life, exams and of course mentoring. As a mentor it was my responsibility to make sure new students adjusted well and if they ever needed help they would come to me. I would also check up on them every week or so to make sure they were doing ok. The hardest part but something that I found great for me was managing time, as I got more used to the job I got better at managing and planning my time ahead. The most enjoyable part was just seeing people who were struggling at the beginning of the year finish their first semester proud happy and ready to being semester 2.
Pros
Meeting new people, making new friends, improving my personal skills
Cons
Out of the ordinary hours