Auckland University of Technology
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Auckland University of Technology Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Auckland City, Auckland39 reviews
Auckland University of Technology has a friendly and well-balanced and respected team culture among international business employees, which is a well-mixed culture.
As I came in on temp contract was only supposed to work for the summer, they ended up keeping me on for another year, all staff I worked with were great however certain management was poor.
A great bunch of people, no real pressure and lots of good benefits.
There are really busy periods of work and then really slow periods. Happy to recommend.
The working culture in AUT was very well managed and secure. The team leader and manager were very supportive and creative. came across many difficulties during work both was well prepared to managed it.
It's a good place to work with a good life/work balance.
Got opportunities for professional development. But not fairly recognizing the efforts of contract staff. Govt. rules say that if you have been working on a contract basis for two years you should be offered a permanent position. But usually, managers play all the games by moving you in and out from a fixed-term to causal basis and no one is looking over this. This caused a lot of frustration and feeling of insecurity to the contract employees
I found this to be a collaborative, supportive, and relaxed environment to work in. I was surrounded by smart capable people which I found stimulating. The largest downside was administrative overheads that come with being a large university.
Extremely busy and work focused staff members. However, everyone is always open for a moment to share a joke and collaborate ideas. Respectful environment with diversity.
2 September 2019
Many thanks for your feedback and insights, much appreciated
Aut is a fun and exciting place to study and volunteer for, you get the freedom to really explore you capabilities and learn experiences that help in the read world. event planning was highly fun working in team enviroment.
2 September 2019
Many thanks for the comments, great to see you had the freedom mentioned to make the most of your role here!
Good working environment to gain ICT experience.
Able to work in a team environment.

Flexible in working in any environment.

Team player.

My Role involves assisting AUT staff and students with ICT queries regarding their accounts in person or over the phone, printer maintenance, and making sure the computer labs are operating smoothly every shift.
Pros
Management supportive
3 April 2019
Many thanks for the feedback, great to hear you're enjoying your role in ICT!
It was a highly academic job and had a lot to learn, Since i was fresh out of University, I thoroughly enjoyed the job to begin with but soon got over as it was a fixed-term job.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Fixed term job
19 November 2018
Thanks for the feedback, glad you enjoyed the experience with us.

Keep an eye on the Careers site (https://www.aut.ac.nz/about/careers-at-aut) and ensure you're registered for job alerts for permanent opportunities as they are advertised, which may be of interest in the future.
A fun place work to in with great colleagues. great work place culture and was a joy to work in. There was no pressure from the management and you were at liberty to come up with creative ideas to engage the students.
Pros
no pressure
Cons
nothing
19 November 2018
Many thanks for the positive feedback - and fantastic to hear you embraced the flexibility available to create and come up with new ideas for student engagement.
I was on a contract and it was a very stressful workplace: cutthroat, lack of training and professional development, lack of inclusion, poor management.
11 September 2018
Thank you for your feedback. This is not the experience we would want any of our staff at AUT to experience. One of our key themes is that AUT is a great place to work and study, and we have many initiatives in place to support this. We hope you raised your concerns with your line manager or your relevant HR representative during your time with us, but if not then we’d welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience with us so that we can make improvements.
Its a fun place where you meet new people from all walks in life. However, sometimes stressful with everything that happens in a university. Nonetheless, the experience is worthwhile.
10 September 2018
Thanks for the feedback, glad you enjoyed your time with AUT
Its a very good university with high quality of work. I have enjoyed working in this company , well supported by both the management and staff. Management are excellent and highly experienced
10 September 2018
We appreciate your feedback. Great to hear that you felt the support of management and colleagues and your time working with AUT was a positive one.
i work under a programme that is run by Auckland University of Technology where i am able to experience new opportunities that challenge me and make me step out of my comfort zone.
Very good employer and highly ranked in world. Privileged to be part of this organisation. Good professional development for more opportunities. Busy most times.
Pros
Professional development opportunities
They always renew computers and other devices for students. Staff need to learn new system of projectors, computer logins, etc. They allow teacher to import new robot and idea to teach.
Pros
new computer
Excellent part-time work for a tertiary student. Helped to integrate into working life. Range of job duties and lots of training provided. Worked with lots of different age and ethnic groups. Very culture focused.
It was a training period and fortunately, I got a temporary work. Unfortunately, I had to fly out of New Zealand in an emergency and at the time I did not have any assurance of the job.
Pros
free coffee
AUT Business School, in particular, takes a collaborative approach to learning so lectures are interactive and are supplemented with a lot of group workshops in small classes of less than 40.
Pros
Free lunches, Guest Speakers, Great Education
Cons
Understandably high cost of studying
AUT helped expand my skill set and knowledge about professionalism in the workforce. It taught me pastoral care and confidentiality and helped me develop an excellent work ethic.
Pros
Flexibility with hours
Cons
Slightly disconnected amongst departments