Auckland University of Technology
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Auckland University of Technology Management reviews

New Zealand51 reviews
As I came in on temp contract was only supposed to work for the summer, they ended up keeping me on for another year, all staff I worked with were great however certain management was poor.
Teaching is high quality, but staff are overworked. Not much work/life balance is expected. Some great pockets of valuable research and researchers. Generally, a good place to work.
Good working environment to gain ICT experience.
Able to work in a team environment.

Flexible in working in any environment.

Team player.

My Role involves assisting AUT staff and students with ICT queries regarding their accounts in person or over the phone, printer maintenance, and making sure the computer labs are operating smoothly every shift.
Pros
Management supportive
3 April 2019
Many thanks for the feedback, great to hear you're enjoying your role in ICT!
A fun place work to in with great colleagues. great work place culture and was a joy to work in. There was no pressure from the management and you were at liberty to come up with creative ideas to engage the students.
Pros
no pressure
Cons
nothing
19 November 2018
Many thanks for the positive feedback - and fantastic to hear you embraced the flexibility available to create and come up with new ideas for student engagement.
A typical day is when I deal with less English speaking person with an angry attitude, I need a lot of patience and communication according to the client like writing down needs instead of talking. The workplace has a flexible management in further helping to search for a language connect person who speaks the same language. It helps lessen the time and serve the client within the time frame.
The enjoyable time at work is that I can interact often with a range of diverse people and learn about different cultures and different language every day
Pros
Free coffee and tea and socialize environment or getting to know who you work with
11 November 2018
Many thanks for the feedback. Pleased to hear you've seen first hand the positive way in which AUT engages and embraces diversity as an organisation, we appreciate your positive contributions to the University!
AUT has a good culture and good management as well, it is flexible with international staff and they're always there to help you and follow up any inquiry
30 September 2018
Thanks for the positive feedback, great you're enjoying your experience here.
I was on a contract and it was a very stressful workplace: cutthroat, lack of training and professional development, lack of inclusion, poor management.
11 September 2018
Thank you for your feedback. This is not the experience we would want any of our staff at AUT to experience. One of our key themes is that AUT is a great place to work and study, and we have many initiatives in place to support this. We hope you raised your concerns with your line manager or your relevant HR representative during your time with us, but if not then we’d welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience with us so that we can make improvements.
Its a very good university with high quality of work. I have enjoyed working in this company , well supported by both the management and staff. Management are excellent and highly experienced
10 September 2018
We appreciate your feedback. Great to hear that you felt the support of management and colleagues and your time working with AUT was a positive one.
AUT helped expand my skill set and knowledge about professionalism in the workforce. It taught me pastoral care and confidentiality and helped me develop an excellent work ethic.
Pros
Flexibility with hours
Cons
Slightly disconnected amongst departments
Auckland University of technology has been a major breakthrough in my life. It has been a stiff learning curve as I have been familiarised with many aspects of an IT industry. Not only I have done masters from this university which allowed me to gain a good knowledge in the domain but also has provided me with multiple job opportunities. These opportunities have given me an insight of how the student should be groomed into an industrial professional. It is apparent that because of an excellent management the workplace culture is a treat when it comes to ticking the box for the job satisfaction. The most enjoyable part is my current job with AUT as an ICT lab Assistant. Here I get to shine my two edge sword comprising of both Technical background and improvising on my communication skills.
Be prepared to leave after a few months. Should you wish to stay longer, learn how to deal with bullies, micromanagement and frequent harassment. AUT is growing fast and this comes at a cost.
Pros
Good IT department
Cons
Cut-throat environment
The preparation for some of the papers helped me to grow the skills that I had. This opportunity also helped me with class management, and how to cooperate with students and lecturer. In general I am happy to teach at AUT.
AUT University is an open and diverse workplace where freedom to put into practice your own ideas and ways are encouraged so long as they achieve the purpose for which you are working.

A typical day will consist of reviewing the previous night's preparation, checking answers to exercises and being able to explain each and every step and be able to succinctly explain in details, if requested to by students.

In this position I learned a lot about time management and the ability to break down my work day into one hour blocks when pushed for time so that continuous progress is being made.
Pros
Support at work is excellent and nothing is too minor to seek help for.
Cons
High workload during marking time.