Auckland University of Technology
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Auckland University of Technology Employee Reviews

New Zealand50 reviews
Team Organisaiton
Auckland University of Technology has a friendly and well-balanced and respected team culture among international business employees, which is a well-mixed culture.
productive
i work under a programme that is run by Auckland University of Technology where i am able to experience new opportunities that challenge me and make me step out of my comfort zone.
Excellent employer
Very good employer and highly ranked in world. Privileged to be part of this organisation. Good professional development for more opportunities. Busy most times.
Pros
Professional development opportunities
Comfortable workspace
They always renew computers and other devices for students. Staff need to learn new system of projectors, computer logins, etc. They allow teacher to import new robot and idea to teach.
Pros
new computer
Great opportunity for students
Excellent part-time work for a tertiary student. Helped to integrate into working life. Range of job duties and lots of training provided. Worked with lots of different age and ethnic groups. Very culture focused.
Good Pay
It was a training period and fortunately, I got a temporary work. Unfortunately, I had to fly out of New Zealand in an emergency and at the time I did not have any assurance of the job.
Pros
free coffee
Productive and fun workplace
AUT Business School, in particular, takes a collaborative approach to learning so lectures are interactive and are supplemented with a lot of group workshops in small classes of less than 40.
Pros
Free lunches, Guest Speakers, Great Education
Cons
Understandably high cost of studying
It's a very nice place to work. The organization culture and the environment is perfect to grow and develop skills. Not only for staffs but also for students.
Although great it wasnt free from dynasty seeker and ruin what AUT is about. Overall the University still my prefer employer because of its culture and fun environment.
Pros
Staff Xmas Parties/Department gathering
Cons
Do without the dynasty builder who abuse power .
Productive and Fun Workplace
AUT helped expand my skill set and knowledge about professionalism in the workforce. It taught me pastoral care and confidentiality and helped me develop an excellent work ethic.
Pros
Flexibility with hours
Cons
Slightly disconnected amongst departments
Typical Workplace
Staff were largely supportive and work was fun and interesting. I was given plenty of latitude to stamp my mark on the subject and found it really rewarding helping the students achieve.
Productive, Informative and highly efficient
Auckland University of technology has been a major breakthrough in my life. It has been a stiff learning curve as I have been familiarised with many aspects of an IT industry. Not only I have done masters from this university which allowed me to gain a good knowledge in the domain but also has provided me with multiple job opportunities. These opportunities have given me an insight of how the student should be groomed into an industrial professional. It is apparent that because of an excellent management the workplace culture is a treat when it comes to ticking the box for the job satisfaction. The most enjoyable part is my current job with AUT as an ICT lab Assistant. Here I get to shine my two edge sword comprising of both Technical background and improvising on my communication skills.
Fun place
I really enjoy working at AUT, it's a nice environment with great people. I learnt a lot from many different professions and lectures. Many students would like to join AUT.
Teaching as a vocation in life
This was a teaching post. I like teaching and instruction. I also like the coaching and mentoring aspects of the work. There is nothing more rewarding than seeing a student succeed.
Cut-throat environment
Be prepared to leave after a few months. Should you wish to stay longer, learn how to deal with bullies, micromanagement and frequent harassment. AUT is growing fast and this comes at a cost.
Pros
Good IT department
Cons
Cut-throat environment
Productive work place
Typical work day at AUT involves challenges, commitments, passion and delivery. The experienced and collaborative team work at AUT is really remarkable.
School Project
This was a school project which involved us school kids to get in touch with the real world and create a product and sell it to real life business or people. Good experience of learning how to run a company.
Pros
Meet new people, Learn alot outside of school
Cons
Long hours, Used most of school time on the one subject
Soldering supervisor
I help some students in the Lab room with soldering, I really enjoy doing fine soldering and I think I deserve the best quality for soldering PCB board. The designing apart for PCB board was perfect and soldering was amazing for my specialized project. Feedback was very good from my supervisor. I just love electronics with all the little parts sit on the board will make me happy.
improved administrative and research skills
All facilities required are provided to us for peacefull research work and developed the experimental technique as well administrative skills.
This has been a rewarding job in many ways; I work with very hands on people. They are not like normal academics even though many of them hold PhD's. I have been here for such a long time it is like my other family. I work with over 128 people in this School. I can and do many jobs and am adept at learning new skills or even how to operate new office equipment. If there is something I don't know I will easily find out and the staff expect that of me.

My interaction with students is also something I enjoy. The company as a place to work is good. I rate this place and it is because I hold them in such high esteem that I have remained here for 16 years.
Pros
It is a vibrant and happening place with young people as well as older people around.
Cons
If you are not a strong person you can be used to do things that are not really your job.
Work
It's a great place to work . Very friendly,motivated environment with students and graduations etc. Different nationalities I really enjoyed.
Pros
Fun working
Cons
Continues processes, variety should be added
place of work
money is not everything but without it mortgage / rent, food and education for our children comes at a risk...

job security - thought it was secure until it hits you with little warning
Pros
there is always a campus close to home
Cons
lot is expected but little financial benefit secruity for ones family