Auckland University of Technology
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Auckland University of Technology Employee Reviews

New Zealand50 reviews
Team Organisaiton
Auckland University of Technology has a friendly and well-balanced and respected team culture among international business employees, which is a well-mixed culture.
A fun and active workplace
The preparation for some of the papers helped me to grow the skills that I had. This opportunity also helped me with class management, and how to cooperate with students and lecturer. In general I am happy to teach at AUT.
Workplace review
The Auckland University of Technology in Auckland is an awesome place to work. Located in central Auckland with excellent facilities promoting personal development and a teaching philosophy focused on student engagement.
Strong analytical and research skills developed
Strong analytical and research skills developed through the job and learning time in university. The most enjoyable part in my job is I can do what I really like. I like doing experiment. I like cell culture. I like HPLC. I like everything in my life.
Excellent work place - very supportive and open.
AUT University is an open and diverse workplace where freedom to put into practice your own ideas and ways are encouraged so long as they achieve the purpose for which you are working.

A typical day will consist of reviewing the previous night's preparation, checking answers to exercises and being able to explain each and every step and be able to succinctly explain in details, if requested to by students.

In this position I learned a lot about time management and the ability to break down my work day into one hour blocks when pushed for time so that continuous progress is being made.
Pros
Support at work is excellent and nothing is too minor to seek help for.
Cons
High workload during marking time.
Great
Assignments were challenging but made it interesting to study
The job is enjoyable and student interaction is fantastic.
Pros
Innovative
Cons
Long Hours
Amazing place to learn as well as teach.
It is a very fun experience teaching at AUT University as the students are eager to learn about science. I have learned how to help students, complex problem solving skills, and how to work under pressure. The university is a very organised place. Typically the classes are scheduled in 2 hour slots and we are able to complete all tasks within the scheduled time. My co-workers also enjoy working there, we have a friendly environment to work in. The job is not very hard but does require the employees to think on the spot. The most enjoyable part of the job is teaching and learning from it.
Awesome environment
This job has been fantastic for me, a person who loves interacting with other people and helping out whenever I could, Typical day consists of balancing uni studies with classes, social life, exams and of course mentoring. As a mentor it was my responsibility to make sure new students adjusted well and if they ever needed help they would come to me. I would also check up on them every week or so to make sure they were doing ok. The hardest part but something that I found great for me was managing time, as I got more used to the job I got better at managing and planning my time ahead. The most enjoyable part was just seeing people who were struggling at the beginning of the year finish their first semester proud happy and ready to being semester 2.
Pros
Meeting new people, making new friends, improving my personal skills
Cons
Out of the ordinary hours
An excellent place start to an academic career
I loved both lecturing and teaching in a tutorial environment for AUT.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
There were none