Automobile Club of Southern California

Automobile Club of Southern California Employee Reviews

3.1Work–Life Balance

Good benefits.

Demanding work but interesting. Good mix of co-workers. Better training needed for some management. Better hiring decisions can be made. Most employees retire at the club

stay away

like being in high school. The management will never back you because they don't want to lose there job so they would rather treat you like a replaceable cog. This starts with the CIO.

Helpful Staff

Their is so much to learn about the services AAA offers their customers that you have to learn about. It's great to work with a group of people who understand and are always willing to learn a hand.

I hate my job

I used to love my job. But slowly over the years, things have changed dramatically. Where once we were appreciated, we have now become simple a statistic. Management now ignores your achievements and looks only for anything negative. It’s becoming a very depressing place to work. That’s why I’m looking for a new job

Pros

Once in awhile we get a free lunch, full benefits. Employee discounts

Cons

Constant micro management. Negative environment.

As usual, the assortment of people the AAA hires tend to be good, honest people of Los Angeles...my experience.

I was in dispatch, that department tends to hire nutjobs as well as the majority of plain good folks. Some managers were slouches and should not have been there (the Peter Principle), however MOST of the managers were decent and hard working and tried to look out for us. Try not to get too wrapped up in the "everyday" problems and stresses and this is a fine job.

sales oriented job

if your goal is to do sales. this is the company for you. management does micro manage a lot so if you work well in that type of pressure environment than you will do fine.

benefits

Cons

management

Stressful and unprofessional environment

They train and rotate sales people in like cattle. Encourage and reward less than professional behaviours. Anything for a sale…. Lie, cheat or steal. Every minute of your day is micromanaged. Member calls are transferred or not dealt with to avoid having to resolve an issue as you might miss a sales opportunity You are expected to sales pitch even disgruntled members. Computer systems are so antiquated and complicated that errors are common and present an opportunity for the company to take back your commission for lack of accuracy. Some policies are so complex there are only a few agent’s that are capable of writing them as it requires you to know DOS. Management just keeps reminding you how much money you can make to keep you hanging on.

Pros

Decent benefits after 3 months

Cons

Work life balance, stress, unprofessionalism

It is a sales job

Great co-workers, management is hit or miss, they get rotated every couple of years, lots of turnover, you have sales goals to meet, customer service side (they have insurance and travel also) are the worker bees but are treated not equal to the insurance and/or travel side. Be prepare to sell the services they offer and make those goals, if not you get in trouble. Lots of people leave within 1 year.

Pros

Job security

Cons

They say it is a customer service job, it is a sales job

What is the best part of working at Automobile Club of Southern California?Wfm opportunity What is the most stressful part about working at Automobile Club of Southern California?Being written up for bad surveys based on wait times of drivers that you have no control over as telephone rep

What is the best part of working at Automobile Club of Southern California?Stability of the companyWhat is the most stressful part about working at Automobile Club of Southern California?Volume of work

Great

Very great place to be, management was very helpful and training was provided, however workload can be overwhelming and you will be putting in work all day

Pros

great pay, benefits

Cons

workload

Cons Outweigh the Pros

Pros: steady full time job with benefits, and able to work from home once your trained and management is able to see that you can manage your own desk. Cons: overworked and underpaid in comparison to other insurance carriers, the job is so stressful you don’t earn enough vacation time to compensate for how taxing the job is, you can only use 40-48 hours of sick time within a year - even though you accrue more than that - because the company believes that “no average person can get sick more than that” so if you have any chronic issues then you might want to look elsewhere, management is inconsistent amongst different offices so you can either have a great manager or one that’ll throw you under the bus to save their own skin, if you work a weekend department within claims (auto property damage) and you go to another department within claims you’ll get a 16% pay cut, the technology is old - they barely just switched to Microsoft Edge from Internet Explorer back in February 2022. Overall, the company needs some major overhaulwork.

The good: The Branding, the roadside service.The bad: Systems issues, antiquated technology 70% of inbound calls are non sales related.

it's a boiler room environment. Goals are unrealistic based on the business model. 70% of inbound calls are non sales related. Sales management is basically the cool kids table at a High School Cafeteria.

Flexible

The company offers multiple schedules which helps work around family life. Most jobs are remote. There is paid training and you get your questions answered right away.

Thankful but stressful

Made lots of money as an insurance agent but was stressed out and felt pressured every month. Can be lucrative but very stressful. Management puts extreme pressure on the employees. Great benefits though. and i have a pension still so i can complain too much. I was able to do a lot thanks to AAA.

Good company to work for if you want good health benefits

This job demands a lot kit of you. There can be more than 100 calls waiting and from a different state than the one they normally serve. You have to follow a call script and that can be difficult to achieve because sometimes people interrupt or want you to hurry up, but management expects you to follow the script or you lose points. There is hardly ever any down time. Its usually back to back calls so it eventually drains you mentally. Bonuses are nice if you are good at your job and and get get scores from member surveys. Other than that, some of the girls are immature and like to start drama. There is favorites for sure. So make sure to kiss you know what if you want your supervisor to give you offline time. Good health benefits and EAP. However the job will take a toll on your mental health.

Pros

Over time, bonuses, health benefits

Cons

back to back calls, every other call is screaming at you

It’s a grind like most sales jobs

Worked in the Dasu for 2 years. Made okay money but no residuals. You are trading all of your time for money and will not hit goal working a 40 hour week. You are given unlimited overtime but the sales commission is why we sell. Ok if you have kids and need a steady check with good benefits

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Terrible work life balance

Desperate Need For Improvement

I had such high hopes for this job. I can't fathom how a company can run this way and still be in business. From the outside, it appears to be a slowly sinking ship. Management is using small buckets to get rid of the water instead of just repairing the hull."How?", you ask. Training is subpar. You are trained for the best case scenarios then thrown on the floor receiving calls with an array of issues that completely take you off guard. A lot of issues which stem from the poor training the other agents received. You are told ample support is available for you via phone or Microsoft Teams once you're in the bullpen. Nope... not true. They only schedule 3 or so people to help 30+ new hires. Meaning, when you don't know how to help someone you are either going to make something up and hope it works, or you can wait on hold for help 20+ minutes trying to get help. Rinse and repeat. So people leave because of this lack of training and no support nonsense that AAA constantly has to hire and train new people. It's a vicious cycle.I could go on about other aspects of this company that are in dire straits, but the training or lack thereof appears to be the biggest offender.I do have to admit, a good part I'll remember about working for AAA is the support and friendship of the other PMG & MSC employees in my team. That was one fantastic perk.So ya, if you decide to work here, best of luck to you. You're going to need it. xD

If you have a good manager this company is amazing.

The manager at my location chewed me out on the second day. Used intimidation and bullying as a management tactic. I was very excited to work for this company and very disappointed in the culture.

Salaried order takers wanted, money motivated sales professionals need not apply.

Widget based system, quality and pay has gone downhill. Managers are quitting in droves and they are not for profit but that’s all they care about. Burning the employees and their name along the way.

Nepotism at its finest

Run this company honestly is not a healthy environment to work in. Extremely convoluted and archaic mindsets and business practices. Very unprofessional

Pros

They give you free blankets and stickers

Cons

Too many to list.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Automobile Club of Southern California. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Automobile Club of Southern California