Avenue5 Residential

Avenue5 Residential Employee Reviews

3.0Work–Life Balance

Resident Focused- Good & Bad

Everything revolved around the residnets but not in a good way... it was about money and reviews. Happiness of the employees was put on the back burner and all a resident had to do to get their way was go over your head. There was no empowerment or backing up of front line staff.

benefits

Cons

management constantly changing

Productive and energetic company to work for.

This is a constant changing industry. They incourage you to succeed. Provide training and guidance to help you with achieving your goals. Upper management is always available to help.

Excellent

Great place to work. The best third party management company in the northwest. They have a really good training program called avenue university. Proactive growing company

Great company to work for

I am not lying when I tell you that this company is family oriented and they care a lot about their employees from my experience. Its a great company to work for. Been with them for over a years and I have yet been disappointed

Pros

Maintenance week

Chill, laid back, and attentive

Great place to be! Having dealt with many management companies, I can be confident in saying this company is not only about its residents, but it’s people as well. Was super happy with my time and wouldn’t mind joining again.

This company is true to its culture and promotes growth

This has been a challenging yet amazing experience. I am glad to have the support of the management team that I report to. They build on your strength and encourage you to do the same for your team.

Okay, good, great and sometimes grueling

Working in property management especially on the property level can be difficult. You have to have thick skin to deal with the stress these roles through at you. Not all residents willbe nice, have easy requests, or always follow the lease agreement. You’ll have to learn how to make decisions on your own and sometimes your only the one in the office dealing with all this. None of this is Avenue 5’s fault it’s just the nature of this field. I would recommend this job to someone who is self motivated, has strong computer technical skills, great customer services, and has a lot of patience. I’ve been with the company since 2018 and have loved it what makes it hard to continue is the property, residents, and sometimes the often changes in higher leadership roles. Because this company offers a lot of mobility up they’re constantly looking for new regionals and Vice Presidents. So don’t be surprised if you advance fast if you take a corporate position.

Amazing Growth Professionally & Personally

Have worked for Ave5 for years and have always had lots of opportunity for growth and have promoted multiple times over the years. Amazing work life balance respect and the culture is like a family. The on site teams can take on more tasks than other 3rd party fee managed such as accounting, invoice processing, and budget creation but this is a challenge that can help you grow and develop your skills!

Not the best

Little to no training, extreme understaffing issues, small pay for extremely stressful work, company looks pretty on the outside however very ugly inside, no employee support, and very corrupt

Theres good and bad

Pay is decent, tons of work though. Sometimes I feel the maintenance team is understaffed. There are also some unrealistic expectations but it could just be the managers and not the company itself.

Maintenance supervisor is lazy.

It's a 6 floor apartment building and the supervisor will make you paint the entire thing by yourself. Management knows he is lazy but won't do anything about it.

Exactly what your looking for

Avenue 5 is so far a great place to work, so much support, so much autonomy, great group of people excited to let everyone shine in their roles. It’s a lot of responsibility but also a lot of fun.

Pros

Benefits, lunches, associate appreciation, outings etc

What is the best part of working at Avenue5 Residential?I enjoy working with people from all over the world and learning about their travels and experiences. I love our monthly community events. We are always busy, and it is never boring. We have great benefits, and fantastic paid time off. What is the most stressful part about working at Avenue5 Residential?Constant interruptions while working. You're working on something in CRM and get a phone call and have to exit that program and loose everything you were typing. Then you start over, and the same thing will happen again. something that should take only a few moments will take 15 or 20 minuets and you may have to restart 2 or 3 times. Some days you work all day and feel like you got nothing done. Other days you will go home in awe of how much work you got through. Mostly it's a frame of mind even an unproductive day is OK if you just roll with it.What is the work environment and culture like at Avenue5 Residential?Standard Office attire to office casual attire depending on the community. You will spend a lot of time on your feet. Teamwork and good communication will be mandatory. Your will be expected to ware many hats and step up and help with whatever is needed. There is a lot of training available, and you do not have to wait to take any of it. While a collage education is will help, if you apply yourself and make use of the available training, managers will be happy to give you additional duties and training. Advancement is a real thing at Avenue5. You can expect that if you apply yourself, you can -

Promises, promises, promises

The company was not honest during the interview and did not accurately describe the job.I was overworked and the manager intentionally damaged my record to keep me from advancing in the company.There was rodent feces that I bleached daily.I worked very hard and felt uncomfortable around the other staff because they lied about what they do. They move and change locations and job titles in order to avoid hard work.

Pros

Good software

Cons

Very bad rapport with coworkers

Incompantant Upper Management

This company is all show and no proof. There is absolutely no support or communication within this company. I have been in the business for an extremely long time and I have this is by far the worst company I have ever worked for.

Pros

Cons

No support from upper management or training

Great place to work with awesome pay!

I love working for Avenue5! Great pay and benefits with room for advancement. Highly recommended. We all thrive here at avenue5 Everyone treats each other with respect and dignity! It’s like having a second family when you come to work!

Property Management Company with Mission Statement of Ideals

Great group of people to work with; everyone is doing their best to complete specific job duties and responsibilities. The position day-to-day (M-F 8AM-5PM) is remote/work from home and the office environment and social interactions are through bi-monthly MS Teams meetings. Never began or held a remote job before and there’s significant adjustment on my end, which contributes to stress in the process of onboarding. Prefer an on-site, in-office work setting but will stay as long as possible for the next 9 months. After a year, reassessments anticipated to continue remote v. on-site opportunities.

They are a very bad company to work for everything was a lie. I will not work there at all nothing but rude people. 3 months with out computer and paper.

Pros

Cons

Lies

Austin region has extremely poor leadership and upper management.

The amazing culture and quick advancement opportunities were pitched to me in the interview however the experience was the opposite. The hardest part of the job was being forced to keep poor performing employees and constantly being understaffed.

Pros

Salary is average and comparable to other companies.

Cons

Zero team or company gatherings to build a togetherness environment, This is only for the corporate level. Very low appreciation for accomplishments, Way too much negative gossip from upper management.

Unethical and Shady

During my time at Avenue5, I only took two types of phone calls: 1) from residents, complaining about their property manager (PMs are notorious for never being on-premises), and 2) from vendors, wanting to speak to Accounts Payable about massively overdue invoices. (Which, I might add, is problematic because they won't let the folks in A/P speak to vendors!) Avenue5 may treat its executives right, but good luck if you're a resident or a vendor, and forget about it if you're a low-level employee -- hope you enjoy doing all the work people above you don't want to do themselves.

Least diverse company I’ve ever worked for

Nepotism runs high, which fosters a toxic and exclusive, rather than inclusive, work culture. Both employee and tenant reviews online are overwhelmingly negative, yet they call themselves a great place to work. Pay is not in line with difficulty of job or workload. This is the most disorganized, chaotic company I’ve ever worked for in my life. Upper management has no idea what’s going on in their respective departments, and are very reactive instead of proactive. There was always some big crisis or mess that the staff got stuck cleaning up. Staff are worked to the bone, and are unappreciated and treated like peons, despite their education and experience. More and more work is piled on until it’s an unmanageable load, yet staff are written up or fired if they can’t do the workload of 3 people. Turnover is extremely high, and countless people have quit with no notice. Some of the leaders are very unfriendly and insecure and treat staff as lowly servants to feel powerful. I highly recommend you look elsewhere before taking a job here. Prepare yourself for extreme stress, unappreciative/unqualified leaders, and utter chaos.

Benefits

Cons

Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avenue5 Residential. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Avenue5 Residential