Avis Budget Group

New Zealand25 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Found 25 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,238 reviews

Fun workplace

I clean many cars per day. The hardest part is winter. The manager and other staff great to get along with. I have enjoyed my time working here. I enjoy also relocating cars to other places.

Pros

Health benefits

Cons

Physical

Horrible company

poorly managed high staff turnover senior management were removed as the morale was poor. management durned against staff they didn't like and made their lives difficult.

Pros

reduced care rates after five years

Cons

poor management

Boa empresa

Não posso opinar muito, pois fiquei somente 6 meses.

productive and great for sales

Nobody followed professional ethics.HR is more important to them than their employees. They have fired a lot of good employees already.literally harassment on employees.no respect. no values. a irresponsible leadership, the CEO spents much time on parties than working in the company.

Good place to work with

The managers are very supportive and your well taken care off.And when it comes to the workers, they're mostly very welcoming specialy if you are new to the company.

Bully Culture

Location team were good however upper management left lot to be desired. Company brought over US executive which culled the NZ executive team and led from Australia, they also brought over a UK manager who was a complete bully to all staff; whether performers or not.

Pros

Immediate location team

Cons

upper management

Fun Workplace

Great team to work with, Inclusive and focused approach of the management brings out the best out of each employee. Career paths are great and lots to learn.

Bad training

Not getting trained properly, lovely staff, poor management, very long hours, loved helping customers and learning new cultures and language's from tourists, also you get some real horrible people well which can get quite stressful.

Pros

Days off

Cons

Long hours, poor training

Fun place to work

Car rentals, office administration, car grooming. Staff friendly with good sense of humour. Management usually reasonable. Workplace culture usually positive. Hardest part is long on-call hours with average wages. Friendly and fun work environment.

Pros

Fun and Friendly work environment

Cons

Long hours and average wages

Great management flexible

Management was really great and one of the best I've had. They work around your school hours and family too. Pay was a little less but the management and general work place was so good, I didn't mind it.

Pros

Great management

Cons

Lesser pay

Angenehmes Klima

- Kundenberatung - Autokontrollen - angenehmes Arbeitsklima - freundliche Mitarbeiter

Fun Workplace

I enjoy meeting various customers from various cultures and all different walks of life. With this skill I have managed to excel in pressure situations and keep a clear head always focusing on the end goal. Some of the key skills that I have learned in this role: Commitment to delivering outstanding customer service Team working skills embracing a healthy spirit of competition A sense of responsibility that relishes the occasional opportunity to be the sole point of contact for AVIS customers

Pros

Meeting and interacting with different people from all walks of life

Cons

Hourly wage

busy

12 hour shifts all about vehicles and their capabilities. Tourism Management always on hand workplace all cultures treated with respect and got on famously with each other

Pros

shift swap with colleagues when able

Thoroughly enjoy the driving

When a call comes through to drive sometimes we only have 15 or 20 minutes to reach the yard in town where the cars are and then we receive the keys and paperwork from one of the customer service agents. We then drive the cars to whichever destination we need to and are then picked up by another driver and driven back to our original starting point. Great views and each drive is different. Hard conditions in winter over the Alpine Pass but who doesn't enjoy a challenge.

Pros

Scenery

Cons

Winter driving

Ideal job suitable for students depending on shift roster. NZ Avis and Budget staff often lead the world in sales.

Hand over from previous shift employees, daily banking transactions to reconcile. Preparation of V.I.P. customer arrivals vehicles and keys. Customer service and completion of fuel reconciliation sheets during quiet times. Ensure office is clean in particular customer line of sight. I learned more about pushing my sales targets as top sales agent in New Zealand, Australia, UK and USA in 2012 first quater of the year. I also learned how good I was and that I could exceed in anything. Management was an area I would have progressed further into as a career. I decided to complete my BA at university.

Pros

International networks with Avis and Budget

Cons

Shift work and flight delays meant longer shift into the morning, minimum wages, exploitation

Great work place

Good company if you want to start from the bottom and slowly grow. I started as cleaning cars at the airport later I moved to penrose location and now I'm a branch supervisor

Pros

Rental discount

Cons

Early mornings

Family orientation work environment

People are great to work with Great leaders and easy to associate with Workload is not too bad and you get help from everyone. A lot of fun activities for everyone

Pros

family orientation

Cons

too far

Team leader

Target was to make 300 calls to your creditors, allocated queries to the different departments eg (it there is an credit the department who does the credits will do it) Bank Statements - mark your payments received and allocated to the department to allocated to the account. It was stressfull to be the whole day on the phone and it was also enjoyable to speak to different people with different languages

Pros

You must break for lunch according to company policy

Cons

No overtime was aloud

Work anywhere but here...

They promise advancement, growth and fair treatment. When i was there, I found out growth is only available in big city locations, your growth is very limited (payrise offered after a few months service, was for less than the paper it was written on -literally) and fair treatment was for those with a bigger, better job title. Lies are told, almost daily. Health and safety comes after making money. Mistakes are punished unfairly and excelling is ignored. Long story short, I'd rather work at a supermarket than with this company ever again.

Pros

Driving the latest model vehicle

Cons

Everything else that comes with working here

A great company to be involved in

Dealing with the public - especially overseas travellers - was really challenging, but I received a great sense of job satisfaction. Training staff was a highlight.

Great job in the city but not small towns

Two shifts twice a day and have to be very multi tasked in a small town. Job involved a certain dress code to serve customers at the airport but after the cars had been contracted out you had to clean the cars and of course that included changing into cleaning gear. No shelter when cleaning cars. Some cars were filthy so vacuum cleaning them with hand held vacuums was impossible. Had to carry Avis phone even when not at work and had to answer it. Bookings could be erratic... cancellations. Had to also fuel vehicles so travel time was huge depending on how many cars needed fueling. Constantly shuffling fleet between towns and cities and often not left with enough vehicles if new reservations popped up which often occurred. Enjoyable side of job was the customers and airport

Pros

Definitely a challenge

Cons

Split shift, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avis Budget Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Avis Budget Group