Avis Budget Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Avis Budget Group Employee Reviews

New Zealand26 reviews
Very close to my residence pay is so little , good for temporary job
Not bad, friendly.,hard work ,minimum wage

Easy job but hard work v busy all days, team is good
poorly managed high staff turnover senior management were removed as the morale was poor. management durned against staff they didn't like and made their lives difficult.
Pros
reduced care rates after five years
Cons
poor management
Não posso opinar muito, pois fiquei somente 6 meses.
Nobody followed professional ethics.HR is more important to them than their employees. They have fired a lot of good employees already.literally harassment on employees.no respect. no values. a irresponsible leadership, the CEO spents much time on parties than working in the company.
I clean many cars per day. The hardest part is winter. The manager and other staff great to get along with. I have enjoyed my time working here. I enjoy also relocating cars to other places.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Physical
The managers are very supportive and your well taken care off.And when it comes to the workers, they're mostly very welcoming specialy if you are new to the company.
Location team were good however upper management left lot to be desired.
Company brought over US executive which culled the NZ executive team and led from Australia, they also brought over a UK manager who was a complete bully to all staff; whether performers or not.
Pros
Immediate location team
Cons
upper management
Great team to work with, Inclusive and focused approach of the management brings out the best out of each employee. Career paths are great and lots to learn.
Not getting trained properly, lovely staff, poor management, very long hours, loved helping customers and learning new cultures and language's from tourists, also you get some real horrible people well which can get quite stressful.
Pros
Days off
Cons
Long hours, poor training
Car rentals, office administration, car grooming.
Staff friendly with good sense of humour.

Management usually reasonable.

Workplace culture usually positive.

Hardest part is long on-call hours with average wages.

Friendly and fun work environment.
Pros
Fun and Friendly work environment
Cons
Long hours and average wages
Management was really great and one of the best I've had. They work around your school hours and family too. Pay was a little less but the management and general work place was so good, I didn't mind it.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Lesser pay
- Kundenberatung
- Autokontrollen

- angenehmes Arbeitsklima

- freundliche Mitarbeiter
I enjoy meeting various customers from various cultures and all different walks of life. With this skill I have managed to excel in pressure situations and keep a clear head always focusing on the end goal.

Some of the key skills that I have learned in this role:

Commitment to delivering outstanding customer service

Team working skills embracing a healthy spirit of competition

A sense of responsibility that relishes the occasional opportunity to be the sole point of contact for AVIS customers
Pros
Meeting and interacting with different people from all walks of life
Cons
Hourly wage
12 hour shifts
all about vehicles and their capabilities. Tourism

Management always on hand

workplace all cultures treated with respect and got on famously with each other
Pros
shift swap with colleagues when able
When a call comes through to drive sometimes we only have 15 or 20 minutes to reach the yard in town where the cars are and then we receive the keys and paperwork from one of the customer service agents. We then drive the cars to whichever destination we need to and are then picked up by another driver and driven back to our original starting point. Great views and each drive is different. Hard conditions in winter over the Alpine Pass but who doesn't enjoy a challenge.
Pros
Scenery
Cons
Winter driving
Hand over from previous shift employees, daily banking transactions to reconcile. Preparation of V.I.P. customer arrivals vehicles and keys. Customer service and completion of fuel reconciliation sheets during quiet times. Ensure office is clean in particular customer line of sight.
I learned more about pushing my sales targets as top sales agent in New Zealand, Australia, UK and USA in 2012 first quater of the year. I also learned how good I was and that I could exceed in anything. Management was an area I would have progressed further into as a career. I decided to complete my BA at university.
Pros
International networks with Avis and Budget
Cons
Shift work and flight delays meant longer shift into the morning, minimum wages, exploitation
Good company if you want to start from the bottom and slowly grow. I started as cleaning cars at the airport later I moved to penrose location and now I'm a branch supervisor
Pros
Rental discount
Cons
Early mornings
People are great to work with
Great leaders and easy to associate with

Workload is not too bad and you get help from everyone.

A lot of fun activities for everyone
Pros
family orientation
Cons
too far
Target was to make 300 calls to your creditors, allocated queries to the different departments eg (it there is an credit the department who does the credits will do it)

Bank Statements - mark your payments received and allocated to the department to allocated to the account.

It was stressfull to be the whole day on the phone and it was also enjoyable to speak to different people with different languages
Pros
You must break for lunch according to company policy
Cons
No overtime was aloud
They promise advancement, growth and fair treatment. When i was there, I found out growth is only available in big city locations, your growth is very limited (payrise offered after a few months service, was for less than the paper it was written on -literally) and fair treatment was for those with a bigger, better job title.
Lies are told, almost daily. Health and safety comes after making money. Mistakes are punished unfairly and excelling is ignored.

Long story short, I'd rather work at a supermarket than with this company ever again.
Pros
Driving the latest model vehicle
Cons
Everything else that comes with working here
Dealing with the public - especially overseas travellers - was really challenging, but I received a great sense of job satisfaction. Training staff was a highlight.