Avis Budget Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Avis Budget Group Employee Review

Poor morale and management

1 August 2013
After working for this company for 3 months it is obvious that the management is letting this branch down by not listening to staff concerns hence the low morale and high turnover of staff throughout all areas. The lack of management has led to good staff leaving and new staff not getting training as required for each role in the branch. There is also a lack of judgement when it comes to staff that do not have the mental capacity to perform which leads to disharmony in the workplace
Pros
Car rental charges
14 May 2017
Same role
Driver (Current Employee) - Greymouth, West Coast
When a call comes through to drive sometimes we only have 15 or 20 minutes to reach the yard in town where the cars are and then we receive the keys and paperwork from one of the customer service agents. We then drive the cars to whichever destination we need to and are then picked up by another driver and driven back to our original starting point. Great views and each drive is different. Hard conditions in winter over the Alpine Pass but who doesn't enjoy a challenge.
Pros
Scenery
Cons
Winter driving
16 June 2020
Duty Manager (Former Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
poorly managed high staff turnover senior management were removed as the morale was poor. management durned against staff they didn't like and made their lives difficult.
Pros
reduced care rates after five years
Cons
poor management
5 April 2020
shuttle driver (Current Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
Very close to my residence pay is so little , good for temporary job
Not bad, friendly.,hard work ,minimum wage

Easy job but hard work v busy all days, team is good