Avis Budget Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Avis Budget Group Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Good place to work with
The managers are very supportive and your well taken care off.And when it comes to the workers, they're mostly very welcoming specialy if you are new to the company.
Fun Workplace
Great team to work with, Inclusive and focused approach of the management brings out the best out of each employee. Career paths are great and lots to learn.
Fun place to work
Car rentals, office administration, car grooming.
Staff friendly with good sense of humour.

Management usually reasonable.

Workplace culture usually positive.

Hardest part is long on-call hours with average wages.

Friendly and fun work environment.
Pros
Fun and Friendly work environment
Cons
Long hours and average wages
Fun Workplace
I enjoy meeting various customers from various cultures and all different walks of life. With this skill I have managed to excel in pressure situations and keep a clear head always focusing on the end goal.

Some of the key skills that I have learned in this role:

Commitment to delivering outstanding customer service

Team working skills embracing a healthy spirit of competition

A sense of responsibility that relishes the occasional opportunity to be the sole point of contact for AVIS customers
Pros
Meeting and interacting with different people from all walks of life
Cons
Hourly wage
Ideal job suitable for students depending on shift roster. NZ Avis and Budget staff often lead the world in sales.
Hand over from previous shift employees, daily banking transactions to reconcile. Preparation of V.I.P. customer arrivals vehicles and keys. Customer service and completion of fuel reconciliation sheets during quiet times. Ensure office is clean in particular customer line of sight.
I learned more about pushing my sales targets as top sales agent in New Zealand, Australia, UK and USA in 2012 first quater of the year. I also learned how good I was and that I could exceed in anything. Management was an area I would have progressed further into as a career. I decided to complete my BA at university.
Pros
International networks with Avis and Budget
Cons
Shift work and flight delays meant longer shift into the morning, minimum wages, exploitation
A great company to be involved in
Dealing with the public - especially overseas travellers - was really challenging, but I received a great sense of job satisfaction. Training staff was a highlight.
Great job in the city but not small towns
Two shifts twice a day and have to be very multi tasked in a small town. Job involved a certain dress code to serve customers at the airport but after the cars had been contracted out you had to
clean the cars and of course that included changing into cleaning gear. No shelter when cleaning cars. Some cars were filthy so vacuum cleaning them with hand held vacuums was impossible. Had to carry Avis phone even when not at work and had to answer it. Bookings could be erratic... cancellations. Had to also fuel vehicles so travel time was huge depending on how many cars needed fueling. Constantly shuffling fleet between towns and cities and often not left with enough vehicles if new reservations popped up which often occurred. Enjoyable side of job was the customers and airport
Pros
Definitely a challenge
Cons
Split shift, low pay
Fun and Busy workplace, always racing around, no time for boredom
First thing was to ensure all cars arrived and groomed on time to be contracted out on time, airport clients to meet and greet on time, was full on. Worked after hours at airport to greet clients on late flights. Was always prepared to work extra. Boss was an organised lady, and always had her finger on the pulse of things, Hardest part of the job sometimes was keeping up with her, I had a great respect for both my manager and my team mates as we all had our roles to fill and we were a happy bunch of co-operatives
Pros
Relocating vehicles, got to drive some of the latest available on the market
Cons
Sometimes long hours. Sometimes irregular lunch breaks. Rather a statement of fact than a con.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avis Budget Group. Our community is ready to answer.