Avis Budget Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Avis Budget Group Employee Reviews for Shuttle Driver

Shuttle Driver58 reviews
Nice friendly people. Everybody there is a hard worker! The management there is great. They work with you if you need time off and are always available if you need to talk to them.
It was a good place with great people to work with. It was convenience non complicated. You must have patience with the customers. Also be a great and safe driver especially under pressure. Also must be meticulous and report anything wrong about the vehicle immediately.
It varies depending on how busy it is. It can be nasty in winter due to being outside a lot plus waiting for cars to heat up. But if you like to drive, it's an ideal job. There's great rapport among the drivers and often with the managers as well. We were all laid off in the middle of March 2020 due to COVID-19. When the plague is over there may be an opportunity for new drivers.
Pros
I truly like the job because of the people and I enjoy driving a lot.
Cons
If you're at the bottom of the seniority list you may have to settle for hours you don't like.
It varies from day to day, be careful in what you say to other people, management , I did not know if they are coming or going . but they were okay to work with if it was organize. A lot of different cultures in peoples background very interesting. Hardest part of the job was communications sometimes the workers did not know what was going on. Going home was enjoyable.
Got laid off due to COVID. awesome job though. pretty chill working graveyard. your schedule is based on your seniority with the company. Hopefully I can go back.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Shift bits
Can't be specific, legally binding obligation. Okay for retired person who wants to do something with their boredom at home. Few hours available and no benefits. Poor management at times, double standards.
Fun job for the most part. Management is not at all consistent with objectives which makes it difficult sometimes to accomplish what they want accomplished. Some people are lazy and you have to take up the slack.
It's a good company, just not the best management. The moral of the employees is great. The flexibility is good. There are 2 different shifts to choose along with week days to choose from.
Pros
Pay is decent with yearly raises. Get to drive new cars all day long.
Cons
Being around germs in the returned cars.
I was able to stay busy through out the day by taking trucks to their desired location. No day was ever the same. It was nice to drive all over the city and country side.
You're underpaid overworked and never enough help to get the job done.
The work is not hard but you don't have enough people to move the car that it makes it difficult.
I enjoy working with this company overall.After learning the different locations and job performance, it's a easy job.There is opportunity to advance in the company if you have the desire.
Avis budget group one off the big rental car company... But the salary is very low I don't know why?????
Everything is very safe I like my job I like staff...
It's a very easy and chill job to have. You are moving vehicles to their designated spots. Your checking the interior and exterior of the vehicles and reporting any problems what so ever.
Keep looking, not enough $ for the time or stupidity.
The pace is anything from try to hide so you won't be sent home its that slow, to What!! I missed both my coffee breaks and my lunch busy. You'll know right away your just an expense to the company and not an asset but it's OK we're all replaceable.
Pros
Drive around in new cars
Cons
You name it
I felt that they didn't care about their drivers, because of the low pay and how long it took 4 them to consider 3 more dollars added to 11.00 and how the buses is unsafe for it's drivers it has a metal bean over our heads which I have hit my head on twice. I am too old to be hitting my head, that can cause me medical problems. this is why I don't care to work for them. and they fired me while I was on medical.
Pros
Cons
we only got a 20 min. break out of 8 hours. i thought that was against the law.
The work is mostly random. They generally call you the night before (but not always). Pay could be better since we are responsible for the delivery of expensive cars. Nice easy pace great for a retired person like me.
I love working at Budget/Avis as a shutter driver I wish the pay was more and if you can get 40 hrs. I will leave my day job and go there full time the staff is great and the management team is very organized. Love it!!!!
Over worked under paid, management is a joke. As long as they get there money they don't care about employees or customers. The area and regional suporvisers are just as bad.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
I worked at night and at a certain time everyone besides. me was in the parking lot sleep they treat new people like dogs -- dont recommend the working conditions are not worth your time the lot to park the buses are not up to par they need a better area
Pros
Cons
Lady that trained me was full of gossip and was lazy
Drove a shuttle van from site to ohare.
Nice tips. Customers where nice and friendl for the most part.What i didnt like was the merger and site change of fall 2018. Management never told employees verbally or emailed.
Pros
Discount rentals
Cons
Will work you to death if you let them.
Great hours
Fun workplace

Really nice cars

I drive really nice new cars from main lot to tri-state area locations and Lots.

Enjoyable work space