Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

AWF Employee Reviews

New Zealand50 reviews
AWF are the biggest exploiter of Labour in New Zealand. Poor pay, erratic weekly hours, very high staff turnover (including consultants) and clients who will drop you on a whim and invent stories about you in order to justify AWF into "not offering you any more work" which is a subtle yet illegal way of telling you that you're fired
Pros
Free PPE
Cons
fluctuating hours each week, Client calls the shots, near minimum wage, thrown under a bus
Poor pay. $20 is not justified for the work on the site I was put on. No overtime rates & pay was 3/4 times lower than the people at the company I was helping.
Pros
free PPE
Cons
poor pay and recruiters that don't care
Depends on you to say yes/no to the job offer, most offers I have declined because life costs are going up absurd in Nelson, ..
Most of the offer I got was to drive a bit far from town, and at minimum pay wages for my skills.

Aldo, I believe they do their best to get workers the best they can.

I invested money of own to achieve my skills and experience and I decline offers Iif I feel underpaid.
I learnt about human resource as an equally important, competitive resource in AWF - competing as well as collaborating with other non-living resources viz. materials, energy etc. However, better value identification of resources can be done - there are adequate scope in its implementation.
Working for the agency has been amazing they open doors for you to gain experience in different industries. Although the hours have been flexible and Great with home life and all I do prefer a fully
Good
Cons
Slow at getting back to employees
I enjoyed every moment.Good company to work for,very friendy people to get along so its good.They really have your back and its a really good company to work for.
since you are being assigned to different employers, you gain more experiences and more friends but it is always sad when you are enjoying the job but you have to leave as you are no longer needed by the company.
si lavora ma le paghe non sono male e la comunicazione con l'ufficio e' sempre stata cortese e pronta ad aiutare
I enjoyed being under AWF when I signed up to it at first but when I signed up to it again once I moved back it wasn’t as efficient as they were to begin with.
I am a forklift driver for a bed company the job itself is not bad because the actual person that i work is quite nice, as for the agency itself literally all they do is collect money for my work.

And that idea maybe is acceptable if they at least cared a little bit. They cant even get my leave right, everytime i request my leave whether its 1 day or 2 it never gets processed properly.I never got one phone call to check on me, i never got visited once, i work for some individual for 5 months that i never even met.

The one job this company has is to process my paperwork correctly and they get like 20% or more of my work pay. They can't even get that right. Can't even process me one sick day either.

My advice guys. Dont ever work for an agency. A large portion of your money gets poured down the drain, on top of all that if the company even likes you they gotta shell out a whole pile of cash just to keep you there. Hiring fees. Obligatory contract.

Agencies are seriously the new cancer of our modern day. I will never work for one again.

Whats the world coming to.
Pros
too lazy to search myself for a job. going home to canada in a month.
Cons
little job satisfaction. cant get a raze. cant get hired. stuck
Did demolition work for 2 months at a downer site. Made new friends.
Gears were accessible at the site or from awf (for example safety glasses, face masks, gloves)

I wasn't forced to do something I wasn't confident at.

Health and safety was reinforced alot.

Shared workload (we work in pairs or groups)

Got experience with power tools.

Hours were fine.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Intense work
im willing to learn any kind of work assigning to me and im willing to take overtime to work hard and we will take the hardest job to be come aardvark good employee.
Pros
free accomodation
Cons
I applied with them on the knife hand position vacancy they have advertised ending up waiting for ages after giving them my contactable referees which they’ve confirmed calling them already and it was all good, but then still waiting for them to call me back for an update weather I got the job or what but still NOTHING. I then ending up with the Emrec Recruitment which they’ve given me a job straight away. My partner also experienced the same way in their management as she got to see 4 different representatives from the Waitakere area who were in charge of looking after them (West Auckland Temps) which it was supposed to be one person for that particular job as it ended up updating all your contacts details with these 4 different people and try to remember their names or get to know their names as well. Their management is very POOR to be honest.
AWF Auckland somehow you've forgotten the human face of people that you have on your books at times. Without us, your business wouldn't run, from your business vehicles to the power that runs your computers and to your toilet paper. It is people like me and everyone else from different walks of life who would like to be more than just a candidate number or one less problem to deal with, if we do have one on the assignments given. To justify for any problems we have a 'Oh but we (AWF) have put a lot of money into training and resources" which is understandable, but I ask wouldn't it have been better to assist or find a solution to help the candidate's who experience problems on their assignments? Somehow the answer is "No" ...as what I experienced. So, unfortunately, AWF not all of us drive company vehicles and sit at a desk. We are real people...
Pros
Met some good people out on assignment
Cons
Justifying the loss invested in a candidate when problems arise, When finding a solution seems to be non existant. Sorry we can't help you anymore...
to work there is help them to fill in work for company that only need you for one day and then you have to wait for a phone call from them it could take up to a week
Pros
Cons
long
Productive and empowering company to work with. Always accommodating and have both their clients and their employees interest at heart. Great company to work with.
Pros
Always available, anytime of the year
Cons
a typical day at work would be very busy unless you were on the back roads then I could be very boring hot or rainy and a very long day.
I learned a lot about the job in the three years I was there.

management were ok but not when you don't get a phone call to work for long periods of time.

workplace culture was fine happy mostly.

the hardest part of the job was being on your feet for long periods of time and as a woman I found it pretty slack that there was never any toilet available to use on work sites.

I enjoyed for the most part meeting new people and the travel aspect of the job so always moving around.
Pros
working with people who know what they are doing
Cons
long hrs no toilet inadequite weather gear
AWF offers on the spot jobs located primarily in the Christchurch area to their employee. Features a great, well organised and friendly staff. The hardest part of the job is to getting to the job locations if you don't have your own way of transportation, but this did not affect as much as they offer a ride themselves. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you mostly work in a team, allowing me to further develop my communication skills as well soaking in work experiences.
Pros
Flexible Hours to suit lifestyle and approachable supervisors with friendly staff.
Cons
Notice of available work sometimes informed late.
My first week working with AWF was interesting as i worked at different types of jobs everyday which gave me experience and interest as i was doing different things each day and figuring out what job i would most like to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people at different jobs and learning how to work like how they do. The most hardest part about the job was keeping up with the permanent workers who work there but i just kept on working at my own pace and eventually got the job done without a hassle.
Awesome place to work , very challenging but learnt alot of work when working there. Fast paced and quick alot of hard work. The thing i liked about working there was packing fast and learning to be quick minded. Would love to go there again if i was in desparate need :)
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
I worked 3 month in a mussle factory for AWF and everything was fine. If needed some days off it was never a problem or any complications with the management. The people at AWF are very helpful and friendly and they're trying their best to find you a job asap.