AWF Employee Reviews

non male
novizio (Former Employee) –  Wellington1 October 2019
si lavora ma le paghe non sono male e la comunicazione con l'ufficio e' sempre stata cortese e pronta ad aiutare
Worked for them 5 months unsatisfied
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland20 March 2019
I am a forklift driver for a bed company the job itself is not bad because the actual person that i work is quite nice, as for the agency itself literally all they do is collect money for my work.

And that idea maybe is acceptable if they at least cared a little bit. They cant even get my leave right, everytime i request my leave whether its 1 day or 2 it never gets processed properly.I never got one phone call to check on me, i never got visited once, i work for some individual for 5 months that i never even met.

The one job this company has is to process my paperwork correctly and they get like 20% or more of my work pay. They can't even get that right. Can't even process me one sick day either.

My advice guys. Dont ever work for an agency. A large portion of your money gets poured down the drain, on top of all that if the company even likes you they gotta shell out a whole pile of cash just to keep you there. Hiring fees. Obligatory contract.

Agencies are seriously the new cancer of our modern day. I will never work for one again.

Whats the world coming to.
Pros
too lazy to search myself for a job. going home to canada in a month.
Cons
little job satisfaction. cant get a raze. cant get hired. stuck
Was assigned at a good workplace with good people
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Britomart7 January 2019
Did demolition work for 2 months at a downer site. Made new friends.
Gears were accessible at the site or from awf (for example safety glasses, face masks, gloves)
I wasn't forced to do something I wasn't confident at.
Health and safety was reinforced alot.
Shared workload (we work in pairs or groups)
Got experience with power tools.
Hours were fine.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Intense work
productive and ability to work
packers (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland22 November 2018
im willing to learn any kind of work assigning to me and im willing to take overtime to work hard and we will take the hardest job to be come aardvark good employee.
Pros
free accomodation
Worst Agency
Didn’t Employ (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland16 October 2018
I applied with them on the knife hand position vacancy they have advertised ending up waiting for ages after giving them my contactable referees which they’ve confirmed calling them already and it was all good, but then still waiting for them to call me back for an update weather I got the job or what but still NOTHING. I then ending up with the Emrec Recruitment which they’ve given me a job straight away. My partner also experienced the same way in their management as she got to see 4 different representatives from the Waitakere area who were in charge of looking after them (West Auckland Temps) which it was supposed to be one person for that particular job as it ended up updating all your contacts details with these 4 different people and try to remember their names or get to know their names as well. Their management is very POOR to be honest.
Met some great people
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland27 September 2018
AWF Auckland somehow you've forgotten the human face of people that you have on your books at times. Without us, your business wouldn't run, from your business vehicles to the power that runs your computers and to your toilet paper. It is people like me and everyone else from different walks of life who would like to be more than just a candidate number or one less problem to deal with, if we do have one on the assignments given. To justify for any problems we have a 'Oh but we (AWF) have put a lot of money into training and resources" which is understandable, but I ask wouldn't it have been better to assist or find a solution to help the candidate's who experience problems on their assignments? Somehow the answer is "No" ...as what I experienced. So, unfortunately, AWF not all of us drive company vehicles and sit at a desk. We are real people...
Pros
Met some good people out on assignment
Cons
Justifying the loss invested in a candidate when problems arise, When finding a solution seems to be non existant. Sorry we can't help you anymore...
alright
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Whangarei, Northland31 July 2018
to work there is help them to fill in work for company that only need you for one day and then you have to wait for a phone call from them it could take up to a week
Pros
Cons
long
Productive and empowering company
Security Officer Part time (Former Employee) –  Paraparaumu, Wellington23 July 2018
Productive and empowering company to work with. Always accommodating and have both their clients and their employees interest at heart. Great company to work with.
Pros
Always available, anytime of the year
Cons
very busy great team to work for
Traffic controller (Former Employee) –  Kaitaia, Northland11 January 2018
a typical day at work would be very busy unless you were on the back roads then I could be very boring hot or rainy and a very long day.
I learned a lot about the job in the three years I was there.
management were ok but not when you don't get a phone call to work for long periods of time.
workplace culture was fine happy mostly.
the hardest part of the job was being on your feet for long periods of time and as a woman I found it pretty slack that there was never any toilet available to use on work sites.
I enjoyed for the most part meeting new people and the travel aspect of the job so always moving around.
Pros
working with people who know what they are doing
Cons
long hrs no toilet inadequite weather gear
Offers range of Jobs located in the city.
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury1 January 2018
AWF offers on the spot jobs located primarily in the Christchurch area to their employee. Features a great, well organised and friendly staff. The hardest part of the job is to getting to the job locations if you don't have your own way of transportation, but this did not affect as much as they offer a ride themselves. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you mostly work in a team, allowing me to further develop my communication skills as well soaking in work experiences.
Pros
Flexible Hours to suit lifestyle and approachable supervisors with friendly staff.
Cons
Notice of available work sometimes informed late.
Good experience
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato3 September 2017
My first week working with AWF was interesting as i worked at different types of jobs everyday which gave me experience and interest as i was doing different things each day and figuring out what job i would most like to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people at different jobs and learning how to work like how they do. The most hardest part about the job was keeping up with the permanent workers who work there but i just kept on working at my own pace and eventually got the job done without a hassle.
Factory Work
Mars petcare (Former Employee) –  Wanganui, Manawatu-Wanganui30 May 2017
Awesome place to work , very challenging but learnt alot of work when working there. Fast paced and quick alot of hard work. The thing i liked about working there was packing fast and learning to be quick minded. Would love to go there again if i was in desparate need :)
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Nice people, productive and fun workplace
Packer (Former Employee) –  Blenheim, New Zealand28 May 2017
I worked 3 month in a mussle factory for AWF and everything was fine. If needed some days off it was never a problem or any complications with the management. The people at AWF are very helpful and friendly and they're trying their best to find you a job asap.
when i worked at AWF
lavbourer (Former Employee) –  Pukekohe, Auckland18 May 2017
when i worked at AWF in Pukekohe working there started off good.
but when they put me in a job at green valley factory. they gave me a days worth work in manukau. and a couple days work in papakura helping pull seaweed out of a sewage pond.
Great to start of with
Labourer,demolishing, construction (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland4 May 2017
It was alright made new friends and money lol just with the pick up kinda take long to get picked up ay be more on time and maybe I don't know its a good place for young fellas outdea for young people like us cause it gives u the opportunity to see whats there for us but thanks for experience
Pros
Friends
Cons
Pick up
A place to learn the NZ work culture
General labourer (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland23 February 2017
Although, I have worked as a site engineer in India, the work in AWF was quite different to me as it involve a huge deal of physical work. the main advantage that I have observed in working with AWF is that, it makes me visualise things from a labour point of view. Also, the different work that i'm scheduled in everyday makes me learn different types of works in a construction site from concreting, fencing, demolition to traffic management in the site.

I believe in that all these experiences would help me to be a successful manager in the years to come.
Pros
job versatility
Cons
heavy physical work
Hardest part of the job!
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Albany, Auckland11 February 2017
The hardest part of the job is the whole job itself everything from lifting heavy machinery or heavy materials to scaffolding and so on. This job requires a healthy physical body to cope with all the lifting.
Forklift Operator / Labourer
Forklift Operator / Labourer (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland8 January 2017
Responsibilities:
 Forklift driving to move stock around the warehouse
 Carrying out cleaning and tidying duties
 Ensuring health and safety procedures were followed
RFL: Casual work
Productive, Reliable
Contract labourer (Former Employee) –  Pukekohe, Auckland14 December 2016
Very reliable and self restrained they help you to succeed in any field of work experienced or not a honest and truthful team.
Challenging and enjoyable work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Invercargill, Southland16 November 2016
Lot of satisfaction is placing good crew to temp jobs and they get taken on permanently. need to be well organised and able to work under time restraints
Cons
Upper management have never work at the 'coal face' of the business