Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

AWF Management reviews

AWF are the biggest exploiter of Labour in New Zealand. Poor pay, erratic weekly hours, very high staff turnover (including consultants) and clients who will drop you on a whim and invent stories about you in order to justify AWF into "not offering you any more work" which is a subtle yet illegal way of telling you that you're fired
Pros
Free PPE
Cons
fluctuating hours each week, Client calls the shots, near minimum wage, thrown under a bus
Poor pay. $20 is not justified for the work on the site I was put on. No overtime rates & pay was 3/4 times lower than the people at the company I was helping.
Pros
free PPE
Cons
poor pay and recruiters that don't care
si lavora ma le paghe non sono male e la comunicazione con l'ufficio e' sempre stata cortese e pronta ad aiutare
I applied with them on the knife hand position vacancy they have advertised ending up waiting for ages after giving them my contactable referees which they’ve confirmed calling them already and it was all good, but then still waiting for them to call me back for an update weather I got the job or what but still NOTHING. I then ending up with the Emrec Recruitment which they’ve given me a job straight away. My partner also experienced the same way in their management as she got to see 4 different representatives from the Waitakere area who were in charge of looking after them (West Auckland Temps) which it was supposed to be one person for that particular job as it ended up updating all your contacts details with these 4 different people and try to remember their names or get to know their names as well. Their management is very POOR to be honest.
a typical day at work would be very busy unless you were on the back roads then I could be very boring hot or rainy and a very long day. I learned a lot about the job in the three years I was there. management were ok but not when you don't get a phone call to work for long periods of time. workplace culture was fine happy mostly. the hardest part of the job was being on your feet for long periods of time and as a woman I found it pretty slack that there was never any toilet available to use on work sites. I enjoyed for the most part meeting new people and the travel aspect of the job so always moving around.
Pros
working with people who know what they are doing
Cons
long hrs no toilet inadequite weather gear
I worked 3 month in a mussle factory for AWF and everything was fine. If needed some days off it was never a problem or any complications with the management. The people at AWF are very helpful and friendly and they're trying their best to find you a job asap.
Although, I have worked as a site engineer in India, the work in AWF was quite different to me as it involve a huge deal of physical work. the main advantage that I have observed in working with AWF is that, it makes me visualise things from a labour point of view. Also, the different work that i'm scheduled in everyday makes me learn different types of works in a construction site from concreting, fencing, demolition to traffic management in the site. I believe in that all these experiences would help me to be a successful manager in the years to come.
Pros
job versatility
Cons
heavy physical work
Lot of satisfaction is placing good crew to temp jobs and they get taken on permanently. need to be well organised and able to work under time restraints
Cons
Upper management have never work at the 'coal face' of the business
A typical day at work was very cool as everyone there got along with each other. Every day was different. I learned alot from working here utilising everything at my disposal.. Being taught how to use the Binding machine for the books from my Boss. Getting to know the ins and out of the variety of jobs at my disposal. Management were very helpful in assisting when it was required of them. Also letting us know if there were any new developments that required our attention. My Co-workers I worked with were the best people to get along with as it was great place to be in.The hardest part of the job was the commute. But I got into a good routine. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with and who I keep in contact with. I loved this job.
Pros
Free pizzas from the Boss every now and then.
Cons
Longer hours after a certain time.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AWF?
i liked that the workers were friendly and willing to teach as im willing to learn. management was good and time management was key
working standards were hands on and the hardest part was walking round the other side of the arena on hot day enjoyable transportation is right across the street so its easy for workers to work without having reliable transportation. located in ellerslie mt smart
Pros
management