bp logo
bp
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

bp Employee Reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Found 103 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,157 reviews

Should try to be less racist

I have noticed racism at many times. No reaction to the complaints made. Some people r smart enough to wisely waste their time by getting involved in activities for long time and this makes others to work more. Thanks

Pros

Team work

Cons

Too much work load

horrible to work at

The work place is absolutely awful. Everyone is disrespectful to one another, managers are rude. The coworkers treat you like absolutely horrible and with the rude customers on top of all that. It has a major impact on your mental health.

Pros

discount

Cons

disrespectful coworkers

Great company

Great company. Had many successful roles at bp and very much enjoyed the wide range of challenges, international opportunities , training and development opportunities .

Good working team members always helps

Productive & hands on , always something to do Meet new people, work members & customers.Good for young people prep them up for next level of life . Everyday not the same

Pros

Staff discount, customer service, The more you know learn of the the job description work is a breeze

Cons

When short staff or just two people on shift best to be on your game very multiple tasking job

Great place to work at if you have a good manager

I work at a store which didn't have the best manager and a high turn over of staff. It was very stressful working there. But bp as a hole do take care of there workers and I know other bp are great to work at

Pros

staff discount on food, opportunities to grow

Cons

Under staffed at time and stressful

Good Workplace

Happy to gain experience and learning new skills and techniques. Great place to learn about your efficiency as Customer Service Representative and also best place to learn basic stuff about cafe. Learn more from Cafe shifts and best way to be effective in multi-tasking. After working at BP you become more smooth in multi-tasking, communication, etc.

Pros

Holiday pay

Cons

Long Hours less breaks

Great entry level job - Good for promotion

Bp is a great company that provides a lot of support for staff. There are always opportunities for advancement and overall the teams work well together.

Pros

Staff discounts - flexible hours

Cons

Morning rushes can sometimes be stressfull

It's best job for students

I have the best manager who supported me as an employer. BP is one of the best place to work specially hernsbay as we get one of the best customers and the work is good

Good to work in cafe

Good to work just as a cafe member or team lead. Not on any other departments. Management is not that great. Monetary benefits with heaps of staff discounts.

Can’t remember.

Bp it was a good job for me and I actually wanted to go management in cafe as I was going somewhere with my past winning region as rookie in Auckland. Wanting to get supreme the next year - but what ruined it was the gossip between work mates and managers talking about other crew. I would really recommend working for Bp as I loved doing my job with a passion in not just making the food for cafe but coffee as well

Jobs at bp

See more jobs

Stressful

Worked ever so hard to not be appreciated. Poor work environment, competitive nature and unenjoyable. We were worked extremely hard and were always understaffed.

The overall experience working at BP was good. I met a lot of awesome people and they are like family to me. Downs are management expectations, pay and bonus'. Management could do better at realizing that their employees work hard sweat and tears each day for the company.

Good to start your career

A good place to start career in retail and customer service. Many skills to learn and perfect while working here. Over all a good and learning experience for a fresher in the field.

Bp

I worked overnights with BP. The least enjoyable part of the job was dealing with sub-par management. The most enjoyable part was meeting and interacting with people.

Fun Workplace

BP Connect gives me a chance to learn how to work fast and professional as a team. Most of the time when I working with my team, I feel very proud of ourself that we can help every customer by giving them a good customer service.

Good part-time job while studying

Such a huge company, so experience would vary store to store. Thoroughly enjoyed my employment as it suited my lifestyle. Good part-time work however could potentially be boring and repetitive as full-time work.

Lots of things to learn

I have learned to work in a busy schedule. Wednesdays are normally our busy days and I make it easy by operating both systems at a time. There are different ethnicity in our work place

Pros

Break times

Cons

Standing

Very fun place to work at and very ffriendly staff

BP Connect in Bulls is a very nice place to work at. Very friendly staff and it also meet a lot of different people from all walks of life. Been doing the night shift is more advance to myself because I spend so much time with my grandchild during the day. The management is so cool which helps us a lot during difficult times as I know that they understand the situations that every staff deal with.

Pros

free lunches

Productive and fun Workplace

At my previous job, typically i serve customers. I have learned all the cafe work (Barista) such as, Baking, Coffee making. Also Learn management and leadership skills. How to work independently or in a team. I enjoyed my work Because friendly staff and management. Never had experience any pressure because of team work. Daily interact with different cultural people. Have learned some words of their language. Worked with Samoan. Tongan and Indians at my workplace. Friendly staff. Lastly my most enjoyable part of the job is making coffees because with this i also have some time to interact with customers, which help me to build good relations at with them and enjoyed my work.

Pros

Breaks after every 2 hours, Half an hour lunch break (paid).

Cons

No any cons.

great work enviroment

great place to gain and learn new skills for a career in the field of retail and customer service. friendly bosses and co-workers made the years of work enjoyable.

fun work place

Great for a entry level job, especially if you want to save money and gain new skills along the way. friendly atmosphere and great support from bosses and co-workers.
  • bp