Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews

New Zealand99 reviews
I work at a store which didn't have the best manager and a high turn over of staff. It was very stressful working there. But bp as a hole do take care of there workers and I know other bp are great to work at
Pros
staff discount on food, opportunities to grow
Cons
Under staffed at time and stressful
Happy to gain experience and learning new skills and techniques. Great place to learn about your efficiency as Customer Service Representative and also best place to learn basic stuff about cafe. Learn more from Cafe shifts and best way to be effective in multi-tasking. After working at BP you become more smooth in multi-tasking, communication, etc.
Pros
Holiday pay
Cons
Long Hours less breaks
Bp is a great company that provides a lot of support for staff. There are always opportunities for advancement and overall the teams work well together.
Pros
Staff discounts - flexible hours
Cons
Morning rushes can sometimes be stressfull
I have the best manager who supported me as an employer. BP is one of the best place to work specially hernsbay as we get one of the best customers and the work is good
Good to work just as a cafe member or team lead. Not on any other departments. Management is not that great. Monetary benefits with heaps of staff discounts.
Bp it was a good job for me and I actually wanted to go management in cafe as I was going somewhere with my past winning region as rookie in Auckland. Wanting to get supreme the next year - but what ruined it was the gossip between work mates and managers talking about other crew. I would really recommend working for Bp as I loved doing my job with a passion in not just making the food for cafe but coffee as well
Worked ever so hard to not be appreciated. Poor work environment, competitive nature and unenjoyable. We were worked extremely hard and were always understaffed.
The overall experience working at BP was good. I met a lot of awesome people and they are like family to me. Downs are management expectations, pay and bonus'. Management could do better at realizing that their employees work hard sweat and tears each day for the company.
A good place to start career in retail and customer service. Many skills to learn and perfect while working here. Over all a good and learning experience for a fresher in the field.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at bp?
I worked overnights with BP. The least enjoyable part of the job was dealing with sub-par management. The most enjoyable part was meeting and interacting with people.
BP Connect gives me a chance to learn how to work fast and professional as a team. Most of the time when I working with my team, I feel very proud of ourself that we can help every customer by giving them a good customer service.
Such a huge company, so experience would vary store to store. Thoroughly enjoyed my employment as it suited my lifestyle. Good part-time work however could potentially be boring and repetitive as full-time work.
I have learned to work in a busy schedule. Wednesdays are normally our busy days and I make it easy by operating both systems at a time. There are different ethnicity in our work place
Pros
Break times
Cons
Standing
BP Connect in Bulls is a very nice place to work at. Very friendly staff and it also meet a lot of different people from all walks of life.
Been doing the night shift is more advance to myself because I spend so much time with my grandchild during the day. The management is so cool which helps us a lot during difficult times as I know that they understand the situations that every staff deal with.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
At my previous job, typically i serve customers. I have learned all the cafe work (Barista) such as, Baking, Coffee making. Also Learn management and leadership skills. How to work independently or in a team. I enjoyed my work Because friendly staff and management. Never had experience any pressure because of team work. Daily interact with different cultural people. Have learned some words of their language. Worked with Samoan. Tongan and Indians at my workplace. Friendly staff. Lastly my most enjoyable part of the job is making coffees because with this i also have some time to interact with customers, which help me to build good relations at with them and enjoyed my work.
Pros
Breaks after every 2 hours, Half an hour lunch break (paid).
Cons
No any cons.
great place to gain and learn new skills for a career in the field of retail and customer service. friendly bosses and co-workers made the years of work enjoyable.
Great for a entry level job, especially if you want to save money and gain new skills along the way. friendly atmosphere and great support from bosses and co-workers.
my shifts were often always busy with customers coming in and paying for there fuel, you often got unhappy customers when you had not enough workers at the front serving so them.
Pros
discount on hot chocolate
Cons
only a 10 minute break over the 8 hour shift
Serving customer and charging for Gas
Barista

Morning smile person

Great work environment

Hardest part - fuel spill

enjoyable part - getting to see heaps of vintage cars and learning about their pricing and auction as to what value they hold in the market.
Pros
Great starter
Cons
No bonus
I enjoyed working at BP as my co-workers were all great people who were easy to get along with, and the manager was an understanding, friendly guy who really helped me feel at home during my time there.
I learned a lot about meeting deadlines and how to deal with unexpected problems and how to provide great customer service to keep customers happy.
Pros
Discount on cafe food and coffees, friendly environment.
Cons
Head office did little to account for individual store needs as part of a larger company.
Working at BP Bombay was a great experience as it was my first job.
Each day was the same, I just got to work, did what was asked of me and if I had to I did the overtime if it was necessary.

Management was great, they treated me very well, and they gave me my first job.

Workplace at BP Bombay was good, only snag was when you got really angry customers but you just had to listen to them and help them out so they got a good experience.

The hardest part of the job for me at first was talking to people as I was very shy but thanks to BP i got over that and now I don't have a big problem talking to other people.

The best part of the job was learning new things like filling LPG bottles as an example.