BP Employee Reviews

Found 71 reviews matching the search See all 2,570 reviews
fun work place
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Wairau Park, Auckland4 April 2018
Great for a entry level job, especially if you want to save money and gain new skills along the way. friendly atmosphere and great support from bosses and co-workers.
never have nothing to do
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Otane6 March 2018
my shifts were often always busy with customers coming in and paying for there fuel, you often got unhappy customers when you had not enough workers at the front serving so them.
Pros
discount on hot chocolate
Cons
only a 10 minute break over the 8 hour shift
Great experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland6 January 2018
Serving customer and charging for Gas
Barista
Morning smile person
Great work environment
Hardest part - fuel spill
enjoyable part - getting to see heaps of vintage cars and learning about their pricing and auction as to what value they hold in the market.
Pros
Great starter
Cons
No bonus
Friendly, welcoming work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Adelaide Road, Newtown, Wellington5 January 2018
I enjoyed working at BP as my co-workers were all great people who were easy to get along with, and the manager was an understanding, friendly guy who really helped me feel at home during my time there.
I learned a lot about meeting deadlines and how to deal with unexpected problems and how to provide great customer service to keep customers happy.
Pros
Discount on cafe food and coffees, friendly environment.
Cons
Head office did little to account for individual store needs as part of a larger company.
good enjoyable workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bombay, Auckland3 January 2018
Working at BP Bombay was a great experience as it was my first job.
Each day was the same, I just got to work, did what was asked of me and if I had to I did the overtime if it was necessary.
Management was great, they treated me very well, and they gave me my first job.
Workplace at BP Bombay was good, only snag was when you got really angry customers but you just had to listen to them and help them out so they got a good experience.
The hardest part of the job for me at first was talking to people as I was very shy but thanks to BP i got over that and now I don't have a big problem talking to other people.
The best part of the job was learning new things like filling LPG bottles as an example.
Great place to gain experience as a part time.
Nightfill (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland16 December 2017
It was my great experience to work at BP 2 go and as a gym trainer. i learnt communication skills more perfectly. Also learnt how to work under pressure and take managerial decisions on time. I'm always ready to learn more skills.
working with bp counties is a well worth experience.
Café barista (Current Employee) –  auckland pukekohe11 December 2017
typical day at work straight from the get go full on coffee making. once that dies down that gives my team member and i time to start doing jobs that are required from us by bp. we learn alot about each other in where one another lacks so we can then help them better themselves. management were always there to help when needed. the culture is very diverse. the hardest part of the day is when needing to put on bakes and topping up on ambient defiantly a challenge but always succeed to complete every task.
Pros
everyone knows what they are doing.
Cons
can get busy from start to end
Laid back work place
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Hoon Hay, Canterbury19 October 2017
Was enjoyable and stress free working here. Only left after 5 years as I needed a change. It's the regulars there that make the job really worth doing.
Pros
Paid Half hour breaks
Cons
Some long days sometimes
Cool company to work for
Shift supervisor, Cash (Former Employee) –  Kerikeri, Northland13 September 2017
Great staff and very reasonable expectations from management. The only downside I had with this job had nothing to do with the company and more to do with its customer base
Busy and friendly workplace
Head Barista/ Bakery Assistant/ Customer service (Current Employee) –  Invercargill, Southland7 September 2017
I enjoy working with the customers, cooking in the kitchen and making coffees. I only work four days a week so I do 9 and a half hours a day with no weekend work.
Pros
Only work 4 days a week
Cons
Have to work every public holiday.
Its a very fun and fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pakuranga, Auckland16 August 2017
Regular day is fun and fast paced as no 2 days are the same. Met new people and environment everyday. Deal with customer complaints and met their expectation regardless of the pace and situation. Also to follow the health and hygiene procedure as working on a cafe and each product has its shelf life in spite of which their stock would also need to appropriately maintained.
friendly team but poor high management.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnsonville, Wellington12 July 2017
I enjoyed my time working for BP with other staff members and the work i was to complete within a time frame, unfortunately due to higher up management and their work related issues i had to work excess hours and complete jobs that were not on my cleaning duties mostly this work was unpaid. e.g i would be on the cafe side but having to complete jobs assigned to green side team members.
Pros
Awesome team
Cons
poor high management
Great staff and management
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Taupo Town District, Waikato6 July 2017
I enjoyed my time working at B.P connect Taupo , the management were fantastic and helped you out if needed eg: help with counselling ,etc..getting rewarded when they see you have excelled at different tasks eg up selling products
Pros
Discount on food from cafe (if working at time), interacting with customers, rewarded for goals met, learning new skills and getting certified
Very demoralising
Customer Service/Barista/Cafe food prep (Former Employee) –  Counties11 June 2017
Terrible place to work. The manager manipulates situation, blames people for things, accuses people of theft and or wrong doings when they mess up. Racism is not astray here and it is very sad to see in 2017.

the most enjoyable part of the job was going home.
Cons
No breaks
Great first paid employment
Forecourt Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mairehau, Canterbury1 June 2017
easy going friendly environment to work in great training and staff to work with, on site training was a huge help and teams were great to work with. Great opportunity at going up in the industry
Great People and Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland21 May 2017
Started NZ customer service job at BP. Great training and ongoing benefits. great work place in terms of health and safety. Only one thing they can improve is if rotating roster can be at place its more beneficial.
Pros
Surprise Gift Card
Cons
Late Shifts
A good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rolleston, Canterbury17 May 2017
I found BP very professional in the way they treated the customers and the staff. They work very hard to adhere to food safety standards as well as fuel safety standards.
fun and productive workplace
mathematics and marketing (Former Employee) –  Waitakere, Auckland9 April 2017
It was a great experience. We took part in a project where we created our own businesses and promoted it to other business owners. My group came first place overall.
Bp New Zealand
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland7 April 2017
Customer service culture is the customer, meeting the needs of your customers. Knowing your customers is knowing your environment around your store is the key to managing the needs of customers and who your competitors are. Very close working environment managers and head office to succeed in good results. More up to date technology Wild bean cafe has been a great success in NZ over the years.Managers there have better control of ordering the needs for the store to meet customer needs.
fun and interesting
Cashier, Stock taking, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  te irirangi drive, east tamaki4 March 2017
A typical day was average for the pay rate, learnt to multitask and handle stress customers and situations. hardest part would of been standing for 8+ hours a day best part of the day was interacting with people
Pros
discounts on coffees
Cons
standing allday, work colleages not doing there asigned work

51K