BP Employee Reviews

Found 26 reviews matching the search See all 1,799 reviews
never have nothing to do
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Otane6 March 2018
my shifts were often always busy with customers coming in and paying for there fuel, you often got unhappy customers when you had not enough workers at the front serving so them.
Pros
discount on hot chocolate
Cons
only a 10 minute break over the 8 hour shift
working with bp counties is a well worth experience.
Café barista (Current Employee) –  auckland pukekohe11 December 2017
typical day at work straight from the get go full on coffee making. once that dies down that gives my team member and i time to start doing jobs that are required from us by bp. we learn alot about each other in where one another lacks so we can then help them better themselves. management were always there to help when needed. the culture is very diverse. the hardest part of the day is when needing to put on bakes and topping up on ambient defiantly a challenge but always succeed to complete every task.
Pros
everyone knows what they are doing.
Cons
can get busy from start to end
Great Place
Cafe Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Whitby, Wellington25 September 2017
Bp was great loved working here the people were amazing even the pay. The only downfall is they changed store managers a lot which was annoying other than that great company to work for.
Pros
You grow and learn a lot of new things
Cons
Change Store Managers too much
Busy and friendly workplace
Head Barista/ Bakery Assistant/ Customer service (Current Employee) –  Invercargill, Southland7 September 2017
I enjoy working with the customers, cooking in the kitchen and making coffees. I only work four days a week so I do 9 and a half hours a day with no weekend work.
Pros
Only work 4 days a week
Cons
Have to work every public holiday.
Pleasure working for BP Connect
Café Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wellington7 August 2017
Working for BP Connect was a pleasure until such time management decides to chop and change their store managers and this makes it difficult on employees as the new store manager then rates employees on performance of which they had no experience or time shared with different employees working at there gas stations
Very demoralising
Customer Service/Barista/Cafe food prep (Former Employee) –  Counties11 June 2017
Terrible place to work. The manager manipulates situation, blames people for things, accuses people of theft and or wrong doings when they mess up. Racism is not astray here and it is very sad to see in 2017.

the most enjoyable part of the job was going home.
Cons
No breaks
fun and productive workplace
mathematics and marketing (Former Employee) –  Waitakere, Auckland9 April 2017
It was a great experience. We took part in a project where we created our own businesses and promoted it to other business owners. My group came first place overall.
Bp New Zealand
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland7 April 2017
Customer service culture is the customer, meeting the needs of your customers. Knowing your customers is knowing your environment around your store is the key to managing the needs of customers and who your competitors are. Very close working environment managers and head office to succeed in good results. More up to date technology Wild bean cafe has been a great success in NZ over the years.Managers there have better control of ordering the needs for the store to meet customer needs.
Good culture and broad exposure
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Auckland24 November 2016
Great place to work, good culture, approachable management and varied work.

The company has a clear vision of where it wants to go, and really tried to promote internal movements.
It can be developed
Team member (Current Employee) –  Glen Eden, Auckland1 September 2016
Management is really poor. Should be multi cultural work place. The Manager tells lie to the boss about the other country employee. as he wants to recruit people from his home country.
productive
WAITRESS/SUPERVIOR/HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  Turangi,Central North Island19 May 2016
Friendly invioroment place to work, friendly staff, flexible hours, management staff easy to get along with. The four and half years I was
employed there I started as casual then became fulltime/permanent.
Daily duties included cleaning, stocking shelves,incoming/outward goods/ordering products front desk. It was an easy job but enjoyed it was privately owned
Fun job, but expect to be sick quite often
Cafe Team Member (Former Employee) –  Whangarei, Northland7 April 2016
I had worked at this store for a few years; my last year I was trying to get any job in IT, working at BP to fill in the time.
This was a change for the good. It was easy to learn everything and I had a strict time-frame to follow. You could avoid any duty when bakes/waste were due. However slacking off was not an option as there were consequences that could involve health and safety.
My shift started at 6AM, however to commute meant getting up at 5AM. Being an insomniac, this meant sleeping an average of 3 or 4 hours every day then getting into work and jumping straight into a -18' freezer. An hour later you would be preparing food items for baking at 250' while churning out hundreds of coffees in between at one of the busiest cafe's in the country.
Pros
A bit of freedom
Cons
All the usual for a food preperation role
It was nice
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Albert, Auckland18 February 2016
we started a day with positive atmosphere .. i learnt to that job , how to do perfect work like on time , tidy & clean . we always manage our work like a team that"s why my co-workers were very helpful & nice ..
fast but under control
checkout (Former Employee) –  Richmond, Nelson18 June 2015
A typical day at work would start out slow and peaceful and at a good pace. through out the day it would become a lot busier and the workers and i would become stressed out as customers flow in and out so fast. I learned how to work a cash register and serve customers and make sure everything they ordered was correct on the receipt as it was my first time. management was good, everything was at a easy going pace and in order. My work mates were lovely people, they always helped me when I tripped up on something and they just had a smile on them all the time. The hardest part of the job I reckon was just coping with stress sometimes but I did pull through. The part I enjoyed most about the job was listening to the music from the speakers and working at the same time and always working with happy people that would have a good laugh while working also serving customers was fun as well.
Pros
free hot chocolate and free lunch
Cons
about 8-9 hours
Good Place
Shift Supervisor/Cashier/Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, N21 February 2015
Customers set your mood. Good training to rise up through management. Didn't enjoy management. Moved between sites which was good. Managers really good but higher up didn't want to listen.
Tight knit team with pleasant regular customers
Cafe Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Whangarei28 January 2015
Working at BP i met a lot of different people from all walks of life. Our regular customers really gave the job that "cherry on top" so to speak feeling.
A typical shift at BP Wylies would have been starting AM or PM, opening you shift, catching up with co-workers on how their day went and getting a run down on what has been done and what needs to be done before handing over the shift.
Regular customers came in for coffees, daily purchases & gas. We never had to question what they wanted as we knew once we saw their car pull into the forecourt, they along with the team really made working there worth while.
The hardest part of the job i think was having too come into a shift where the shift before had been extremely busy and run off their feet that they had no time to complete the daily jobs that needed to be done, so it left you having too complete 2 shifts jobs in one shift, is definitely achievable if you put your head down.
The manager was very fair, basically if you completed your jobs and worked as a team then she was pleased.
As i stated before the most enjoyable part of the job was the team that we had on and all the regular customers.
Pros
Awesome team ethic and regular customers
Cons
Drive offs
Night shift supervisor
Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Invercargill, S28 December 2014
Basically just a job, working nightshift in busy 24 hours service station. Enjoyed the people contact and customer services.

Responsible for cash reconciliation, stock ordering and general cleanliness of premises.

Enjoyed good working relationship with other staff.
Stressfull but so worth it in the end
M&S COMBINED RETAIL, DEPUTY STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ENG24 July 2014
A typical day here never happened everyday was different and i enjoyed the daily challenges.
Pros
50% staff discount, staff fuel cards, bonuses (performance related)
Cons
long hours, very little family life due to varied night and day shifts
very productive
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Rotorua, NZ16 May 2014
cleaning and washing dishes,peeling and cutting veges,co workers are great people very easy going
shift work didnt suit