BP Employee Reviews

Found 88 reviews matching the search See all 3,583 reviews
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury27 October 2019
BP Connect gives me a chance to learn how to work fast and professional as a team. Most of the time when I working with my team, I feel very proud of ourself that we can help every customer by giving them a good customer service.
Good part-time job while studying
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, Auckland14 March 2019
Such a huge company, so experience would vary store to store. Thoroughly enjoyed my employment as it suited my lifestyle. Good part-time work however could potentially be boring and repetitive as full-time work.
Lots of things to learn
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland24 November 2018
I have learned to work in a busy schedule. Wednesdays are normally our busy days and I make it easy by operating both systems at a time. There are different ethnicity in our work place
Pros
Break times
Cons
Standing
Productive and fun Workplace
Customer service and sales representative (Former Employee) –  Mangere East, Auckland2 September 2018
At my previous job, typically i serve customers. I have learned all the cafe work (Barista) such as, Baking, Coffee making. Also Learn management and leadership skills. How to work independently or in a team. I enjoyed my work Because friendly staff and management. Never had experience any pressure because of team work. Daily interact with different cultural people. Have learned some words of their language. Worked with Samoan. Tongan and Indians at my workplace. Friendly staff. Lastly my most enjoyable part of the job is making coffees because with this i also have some time to interact with customers, which help me to build good relations at with them and enjoyed my work.
Pros
Breaks after every 2 hours, Half an hour lunch break (paid).
Cons
No any cons.
great work enviroment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Wairau Park, Auckland4 April 2018
great place to gain and learn new skills for a career in the field of retail and customer service. friendly bosses and co-workers made the years of work enjoyable.
fun work place
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Wairau Park, Auckland4 April 2018
Great for a entry level job, especially if you want to save money and gain new skills along the way. friendly atmosphere and great support from bosses and co-workers.
never have nothing to do
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Otane6 March 2018
my shifts were often always busy with customers coming in and paying for there fuel, you often got unhappy customers when you had not enough workers at the front serving so them.
Pros
discount on hot chocolate
Cons
only a 10 minute break over the 8 hour shift
Great experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland6 January 2018
Serving customer and charging for Gas
Barista
Morning smile person
Great work environment
Hardest part - fuel spill
enjoyable part - getting to see heaps of vintage cars and learning about their pricing and auction as to what value they hold in the market.
Pros
Great starter
Cons
No bonus
Friendly, welcoming work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Adelaide Road, Newtown, Wellington5 January 2018
I enjoyed working at BP as my co-workers were all great people who were easy to get along with, and the manager was an understanding, friendly guy who really helped me feel at home during my time there.
I learned a lot about meeting deadlines and how to deal with unexpected problems and how to provide great customer service to keep customers happy.
Pros
Discount on cafe food and coffees, friendly environment.
Cons
Head office did little to account for individual store needs as part of a larger company.
good enjoyable workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bombay, Auckland3 January 2018
Working at BP Bombay was a great experience as it was my first job.
Each day was the same, I just got to work, did what was asked of me and if I had to I did the overtime if it was necessary.
Management was great, they treated me very well, and they gave me my first job.
Workplace at BP Bombay was good, only snag was when you got really angry customers but you just had to listen to them and help them out so they got a good experience.
The hardest part of the job for me at first was talking to people as I was very shy but thanks to BP i got over that and now I don't have a big problem talking to other people.
The best part of the job was learning new things like filling LPG bottles as an example.
Great place to gain experience as a part time.
Nightfill (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland16 December 2017
It was my great experience to work at BP 2 go and as a gym trainer. i learnt communication skills more perfectly. Also learnt how to work under pressure and take managerial decisions on time. I'm always ready to learn more skills.
working with bp counties is a well worth experience.
Café barista (Current Employee) –  auckland pukekohe11 December 2017
typical day at work straight from the get go full on coffee making. once that dies down that gives my team member and i time to start doing jobs that are required from us by bp. we learn alot about each other in where one another lacks so we can then help them better themselves. management were always there to help when needed. the culture is very diverse. the hardest part of the day is when needing to put on bakes and topping up on ambient defiantly a challenge but always succeed to complete every task.
Pros
everyone knows what they are doing.
Cons
can get busy from start to end
new, easy
Customer services rep (Former Employee) –  Wanaka, Otago11 December 2017
A day at BP Wanaka was normal and easy just simple customer service and filing cars with petrol, some days it would be very slow so to keep busy wipe down shelf's or restock them.
Laid back work place
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Hoon Hay, Canterbury19 October 2017
Was enjoyable and stress free working here. Only left after 5 years as I needed a change. It's the regulars there that make the job really worth doing.
Pros
Paid Half hour breaks
Cons
Some long days sometimes
Great Place
Cafe Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Whitby, Wellington25 September 2017
Bp was great loved working here the people were amazing even the pay. The only downfall is they changed store managers a lot which was annoying other than that great company to work for.
Pros
You grow and learn a lot of new things
Cons
Change Store Managers too much
Cool company to work for
Shift supervisor, Cash (Former Employee) –  Kerikeri, Northland13 September 2017
Great staff and very reasonable expectations from management. The only downside I had with this job had nothing to do with the company and more to do with its customer base
Busy and friendly workplace
I enjoy working with the customers, cooking in the kitchen and making coffees. I only work four days a week so I do 9 and a half hours a day with no weekend work.
Pros
Only work 4 days a week
Cons
Have to work every public holiday.
Its a very fun and fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pakuranga, Auckland16 August 2017
Regular day is fun and fast paced as no 2 days are the same. Met new people and environment everyday. Deal with customer complaints and met their expectation regardless of the pace and situation. Also to follow the health and hygiene procedure as working on a cafe and each product has its shelf life in spite of which their stock would also need to appropriately maintained.
Pleasure working for BP Connect
Café Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wellington7 August 2017
Working for BP Connect was a pleasure until such time management decides to chop and change their store managers and this makes it difficult on employees as the new store manager then rates employees on performance of which they had no experience or time shared with different employees working at there gas stations
friendly team but poor high management.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnsonville, Wellington12 July 2017
I enjoyed my time working for BP with other staff members and the work i was to complete within a time frame, unfortunately due to higher up management and their work related issues i had to work excess hours and complete jobs that were not on my cleaning duties mostly this work was unpaid. e.g i would be on the cafe side but having to complete jobs assigned to green side team members.
Pros
Awesome team
Cons
poor high management

51.4K