BP

New Zealand109 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Found 109 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,411 reviews

Good job overall

Would reccomend just gets a bit boring after so long as you don't learn anymore. Promotion would make it better because the hard work mean something after that

Pros

Overtime rate

really liked it

I like the salary and the people there, it was honestly quite a well working environment which i liked. but there was also a bad manager there which i

good as first job or students earns some money

easy entry level job, but always short of hands.too much workload for afternoon coffee role when the graveyard is closed. limited improvement on salary and career development.

High staff turnover

Too many responsibilities are heaped on staff. Training is oftentimes cut short and you get to learn when you’re already on the job. Rosters are inflexible and sick leaves and injuries are viewed with much skepticism. Management tends to distrust its staff.

Pros

Staff discount on food/coffee and car wash

Cons

Very inflexible work hours, high turnover of both staff and store managers, lack of trust in staff by management

toxic workplace not worth the stress

worked here for well over a year started off okay with good management but when the management changed it went downhill. worst place to work with coworkers who are bitter, they treat it as a career rather than an entry level job and will act as if they have higher power while working the same role as you.management are horrible and don’t care to resolve issues especially as they are the main one e.g a lot of swearing if you need to go home sick, they aren’t happy to help out front and will leave you to struggle. definitely not the place to work if you can’t stand your ground when it comes to aggressive coworkers and customers.

Cons

toxic management lack of room for growth

Don't get paid enough

Don't get paid enough for the job you do. Always short staffed and managers get upset if you can't help out. The communication is poor or there is none. Get yelled at if Jobs aren't completed even if it was busy etc. Customers and staff treat you like trash

Pros

Wild bean Cafe discount Car wash discount

Cons

No communication Managers don't know how to do their job

productive and fun

Always kept busy by customers or doing tasks which was good. Can get stressful during rush hours but nothing you cant handle. I was briefed on all safety and security procedures, great management/friendly environment. Got good breaks. Only negatives would be the inevitable rude/outrageous customers, you get all walks of life at a petrol station so expect that. Other than that decent discount on the bakery/cafe items and made good mates w the other workers. can be a fun and rewarding job sometimes.

Pros

discounts on petrol and food and good breaks

Cons

long hours on the feet

Great company

Great company. Had many successful roles at bp and very much enjoyed the wide range of challenges, international opportunities , training and development opportunities .

Good working team members always helps

Productive & hands on , always something to do Meet new people, work members & customers.Good for young people prep them up for next level of life . Everyday not the same

Pros

Staff discount, customer service, The more you know learn of the the job description work is a breeze

Cons

When short staff or just two people on shift best to be on your game very multiple tasking job

Should try to be less racist

I have noticed racism at many times. No reaction to the complaints made. Some people r smart enough to wisely waste their time by getting involved in activities for long time and this makes others to work more. Thanks

Pros

Team work

Cons

Too much work load

Great place to work at if you have a good manager

I work at a store which didn't have the best manager and a high turn over of staff. It was very stressful working there. But bp as a hole do take care of there workers and I know other bp are great to work at

Pros

staff discount on food, opportunities to grow

Cons

Under staffed at time and stressful

Good Workplace

Happy to gain experience and learning new skills and techniques. Great place to learn about your efficiency as Customer Service Representative and also best place to learn basic stuff about cafe. Learn more from Cafe shifts and best way to be effective in multi-tasking. After working at BP you become more smooth in multi-tasking, communication, etc.

Pros

Holiday pay

Cons

Long Hours less breaks

Great entry level job - Good for promotion

Bp is a great company that provides a lot of support for staff. There are always opportunities for advancement and overall the teams work well together.

Pros

Staff discounts - flexible hours

Cons

Morning rushes can sometimes be stressfull

It's best job for students

I have the best manager who supported me as an employer. BP is one of the best place to work specially hernsbay as we get one of the best customers and the work is good

Good to work in cafe

Good to work just as a cafe member or team lead. Not on any other departments. Management is not that great. Monetary benefits with heaps of staff discounts.

Can’t remember.

Bp it was a good job for me and I actually wanted to go management in cafe as I was going somewhere with my past winning region as rookie in Auckland. Wanting to get supreme the next year - but what ruined it was the gossip between work mates and managers talking about other crew. I would really recommend working for Bp as I loved doing my job with a passion in not just making the food for cafe but coffee as well

Stressful

Worked ever so hard to not be appreciated. Poor work environment, competitive nature and unenjoyable. We were worked extremely hard and were always understaffed.

The overall experience working at BP was good. I met a lot of awesome people and they are like family to me. Downs are management expectations, pay and bonus'. Management could do better at realizing that their employees work hard sweat and tears each day for the company.

Good to start your career

A good place to start career in retail and customer service. Many skills to learn and perfect while working here. Over all a good and learning experience for a fresher in the field.

Bp

I worked overnights with BP. The least enjoyable part of the job was dealing with sub-par management. The most enjoyable part was meeting and interacting with people.

Fun Workplace

BP Connect gives me a chance to learn how to work fast and professional as a team. Most of the time when I working with my team, I feel very proud of ourself that we can help every customer by giving them a good customer service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• BP