Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
bp Employee Review

fast but under control

18 June 2015
A typical day at work would start out slow and peaceful and at a good pace. through out the day it would become a lot busier and the workers and i would become stressed out as customers flow in and out so fast. I learned how to work a cash register and serve customers and make sure everything they ordered was correct on the receipt as it was my first time. management was good, everything was at a easy going pace and in order. My work mates were lovely people, they always helped me when I tripped up on something and they just had a smile on them all the time. The hardest part of the job I reckon was just coping with stress sometimes but I did pull through. The part I enjoyed most about the job was listening to the music from the speakers and working at the same time and always working with happy people that would have a good laugh while working also serving customers was fun as well.
Pros
free hot chocolate and free lunch
Cons
about 8-9 hours
1 October 2020
Customer Service (Former Employee) - Ashburton, Canterbury
I work at a store which didn't have the best manager and a high turn over of staff. It was very stressful working there. But bp as a hole do take care of there workers and I know other bp are great to work at
Pros
staff discount on food, opportunities to grow
Cons
Under staffed at time and stressful
30 August 2020
CSR (Customer Service Representative) (Former Employee) - Auckland and Whangarei
Happy to gain experience and learning new skills and techniques. Great place to learn about your efficiency as Customer Service Representative and also best place to learn basic stuff about cafe. Learn more from Cafe shifts and best way to be effective in multi-tasking. After working at BP you become more smooth in multi-tasking, communication, etc.
Pros
Holiday pay
Cons
Long Hours less breaks
22 July 2020
Trainee Manager (Current Employee) - Waikato
Bp is a great company that provides a lot of support for staff. There are always opportunities for advancement and overall the teams work well together.
Pros
Staff discounts - flexible hours
Cons
Morning rushes can sometimes be stressfull