Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
bp Employee Review

Fun job, but expect to be sick quite often

7 April 2016
I had worked at this store for a few years; my last year I was trying to get any job in IT, working at BP to fill in the time.
This was a change for the good. It was easy to learn everything and I had a strict time-frame to follow. You could avoid any duty when bakes/waste were due. However slacking off was not an option as there were consequences that could involve health and safety.

My shift started at 6AM, however to commute meant getting up at 5AM. Being an insomniac, this meant sleeping an average of 3 or 4 hours every day then getting into work and jumping straight into a -18' freezer. An hour later you would be preparing food items for baking at 250' while churning out hundreds of coffees in between at one of the busiest cafe's in the country.
Pros
A bit of freedom
Cons
All the usual for a food preperation role
1 September 2016
Same role
Team member (Current Employee) - Glen Eden, Auckland
Management is really poor. Should be multi cultural work place. The Manager tells lie to the boss about the other country employee. as he wants to recruit people from his home country.
28 January 2015
Same location
Cafe Team Lead (Former Employee) - Whangarei
Working at BP i met a lot of different people from all walks of life. Our regular customers really gave the job that "cherry on top" so to speak feeling.
A typical shift at BP Wylies would have been starting AM or PM, opening you shift, catching up with co-workers on how their day went and getting a run down on what has been done and what needs to be done before handing over the shift.

Regular customers came in for coffees, daily purchases & gas. We never had to question what they wanted as we knew once we saw their car pull into the forecourt, they along with the team really made working there worth while.

The hardest part of the job i think was having too come into a shift where the shift before had been extremely busy and run off their feet that they had no time to complete the daily jobs that needed to be done, so it left you having too complete 2 shifts jobs in one shift, is definitely achievable if you put your head down.

The manager was very fair, basically if you completed your jobs and worked as a team then she was pleased.

As i stated before the most enjoyable part of the job was the team that we had on and all the regular customers.
Pros
Awesome team ethic and regular customers
Cons
Drive offs
1 October 2020
Customer Service (Former Employee) - Ashburton, Canterbury
I work at a store which didn't have the best manager and a high turn over of staff. It was very stressful working there. But bp as a hole do take care of there workers and I know other bp are great to work at
Pros
staff discount on food, opportunities to grow
Cons
Under staffed at time and stressful