BP Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 36 reviews matching the search See all 1,788 reviews
Great experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland6 January 2018
Serving customer and charging for Gas
Barista
Morning smile person
Great work environment
Hardest part - fuel spill
enjoyable part - getting to see heaps of vintage cars and learning about their pricing and auction as to what value they hold in the market.
Pros
Great starter
Cons
No bonus
Friendly, welcoming work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Adelaide Road, Newtown, Wellington5 January 2018
I enjoyed working at BP as my co-workers were all great people who were easy to get along with, and the manager was an understanding, friendly guy who really helped me feel at home during my time there.
I learned a lot about meeting deadlines and how to deal with unexpected problems and how to provide great customer service to keep customers happy.
Pros
Discount on cafe food and coffees, friendly environment.
Cons
Head office did little to account for individual store needs as part of a larger company.
good enjoyable workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bombay, Auckland3 January 2018
Working at BP Bombay was a great experience as it was my first job.
Each day was the same, I just got to work, did what was asked of me and if I had to I did the overtime if it was necessary.
Management was great, they treated me very well, and they gave me my first job.
Workplace at BP Bombay was good, only snag was when you got really angry customers but you just had to listen to them and help them out so they got a good experience.
The hardest part of the job for me at first was talking to people as I was very shy but thanks to BP i got over that and now I don't have a big problem talking to other people.
The best part of the job was learning new things like filling LPG bottles as an example.
Laid back work place
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Hoon Hay, Canterbury19 October 2017
Was enjoyable and stress free working here. Only left after 5 years as I needed a change. It's the regulars there that make the job really worth doing.
Pros
Paid Half hour breaks
Cons
Some long days sometimes
Its a very fun and fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pakuranga, Auckland16 August 2017
Regular day is fun and fast paced as no 2 days are the same. Met new people and environment everyday. Deal with customer complaints and met their expectation regardless of the pace and situation. Also to follow the health and hygiene procedure as working on a cafe and each product has its shelf life in spite of which their stock would also need to appropriately maintained.
friendly team but poor high management.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnsonville, Wellington12 July 2017
I enjoyed my time working for BP with other staff members and the work i was to complete within a time frame, unfortunately due to higher up management and their work related issues i had to work excess hours and complete jobs that were not on my cleaning duties mostly this work was unpaid. e.g i would be on the cafe side but having to complete jobs assigned to green side team members.
Pros
Awesome team
Cons
poor high management
Great staff and management
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Taupo Town District, Waikato6 July 2017
I enjoyed my time working at B.P connect Taupo , the management were fantastic and helped you out if needed eg: help with counselling ,etc..getting rewarded when they see you have excelled at different tasks eg up selling products
Pros
Discount on food from cafe (if working at time), interacting with customers, rewarded for goals met, learning new skills and getting certified
Great People and Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland21 May 2017
Started NZ customer service job at BP. Great training and ongoing benefits. great work place in terms of health and safety. Only one thing they can improve is if rotating roster can be at place its more beneficial.
Pros
Surprise Gift Card
Cons
Late Shifts
A good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rolleston, Canterbury17 May 2017
I found BP very professional in the way they treated the customers and the staff. They work very hard to adhere to food safety standards as well as fuel safety standards.
needs to sort out management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland20 February 2017
BP larnoch had five managers in three years. the staff did not get along with each other. it was very routine. there were no benefits of working there.
This review is for BP Te Kuiti
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Te Kuiti, Waikato16 February 2017
Way too expensive to work there: any mistake, & you get the bill for it; especially considering the fact that they are unwilling to pay more than the minimum wage, & don't like employees working a 40-hour week. Also, if they give you a public holiday off, they will not pay you for the public holiday. Rosters change at the drop of a hat; but if you urgently need to take time off, you have to fight for it, or apply for it 3 weeks in advance.
Very high turnover of staff, one of the highest I've ever seen, and the highest by far of staff who walk out with no notice.
Cons
Being charged for mistakes.
fun working with the company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland31 October 2016
its fun working at BP. learnt how to make coffees, management is so friendly and i learnt how to deal with irate customers face to face.

working with co-workers is very good, learnt how to manage work load when it is very busy.
Interactive Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wiri, Auckland2 May 2016
Working at BP is never boring because we talk to different customers everyday. We interact with all kind of happy or rude customers. It also helps me to understand the accent of people from different part of world. I greet the customers with smile. I always manage easily to satisfy the angry customers with my services. I never had a hard days with customers here.
Pros
Staff Discount, Bonus, Mystery Shopper Rewards
Cons
Lots of physical work that leave energy for gym
busy workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland14 April 2016
the hardest part of my job is being away from my kids missing all their achievements in their life because i'm working the times they need my support and working when they have games this is the hardest because i'm a single mum of 7kids. I hardly see them either
Good employer who cared for its workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bombay, Auckland20 December 2015
It was a good experience to work at BP in Auckland. The team was young and fun loving. Management was very co-operative and always listened to us. The work culture was great, team was very responsive and helped each other. Overall, a great place to work.
Pros
Flexible hours, good discount on cafe and on job training for improvemnets
Cons
Minimum wages
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, N15 October 2015
I learnt alot about Food and Coffee with this employment. I worked as a cashier, baker, and coffee specialist. The managment here were good. They taught me alot about food safety, how to handle money, how to prep all cakes, pies and signing for deliveries. The staff were great to work alongside with. We had a great team at all times.
Pros
Discounts and meeting people.
Cons
Long shifts.
cafe night shift
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, N27 September 2015
day begins with temp checks,topping up chilled cabinet, tray up cookies, danishes. get next days ambient s from freezer, tray up next days 6am bake leaving frozens as we dont have enough freezer space in outside cabinet. once that is done im making coffees and serving customers until 7pm.
Pros
30 % discount on cafe foods and carwash
Cons
lack of experienced cover staff
which give me career
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Auckland, N4 September 2015
Ranbaxy which is one of the leading no.1 company in india, where everyone knows about this company, quality products good respect to sales people where ever we go.
Pros
A lot of new producs
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Auckland15 April 2015
Put more effort in identifying the level of individual competency of your workers. Don't promote people on "because of who they know
Ok
CSR (Current Employee) –  Mt. Wellington23 October 2014
Beats Mcdonalds. Doesnt seem too bad, its inside, low-stress work, decent hours usually 6 to 2 or 2 to 10. Job security is good but advancement is minimal. Wouldnt make a career out of it, but thats just me.
Pros
Hours that avoid traffic, pretty simple job, not too stressful
Cons
8 hours of standing, cant leave grounds for lunch, little benefits