Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help: Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative46 reviews
New Zealand46 reviews
The overall experience working at BP was good. I met a lot of awesome people and they are like family to me. Downs are management expectations, pay and bonus'. Management could do better at realizing that their employees work hard sweat and tears each day for the company.
It's best job for students
I have the best manager who supported me as an employer. BP is one of the best place to work specially hernsbay as we get one of the best customers and the work is good
Stressful
Worked ever so hard to not be appreciated. Poor work environment, competitive nature and unenjoyable. We were worked extremely hard and were always understaffed.
Fun Workplace
BP Connect gives me a chance to learn how to work fast and professional as a team. Most of the time when I working with my team, I feel very proud of ourself that we can help every customer by giving them a good customer service.
Good part-time job while studying
Such a huge company, so experience would vary store to store. Thoroughly enjoyed my employment as it suited my lifestyle. Good part-time work however could potentially be boring and repetitive as full-time work.
Lots of things to learn
I have learned to work in a busy schedule. Wednesdays are normally our busy days and I make it easy by operating both systems at a time. There are different ethnicity in our work place
Pros
Break times
Cons
Standing
Very fun place to work at and very ffriendly staff
BP Connect in Bulls is a very nice place to work at. Very friendly staff and it also meet a lot of different people from all walks of life.
Been doing the night shift is more advance to myself because I spend so much time with my grandchild during the day. The management is so cool which helps us a lot during difficult times as I know that they understand the situations that every staff deal with.
Pros
free lunches
Great experience
Serving customer and charging for Gas
Barista

Morning smile person

Great work environment

Hardest part - fuel spill

enjoyable part - getting to see heaps of vintage cars and learning about their pricing and auction as to what value they hold in the market.
Pros
Great starter
Cons
No bonus
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at bp?
Friendly, welcoming work environment
I enjoyed working at BP as my co-workers were all great people who were easy to get along with, and the manager was an understanding, friendly guy who really helped me feel at home during my time there.
I learned a lot about meeting deadlines and how to deal with unexpected problems and how to provide great customer service to keep customers happy.
Pros
Discount on cafe food and coffees, friendly environment.
Cons
Head office did little to account for individual store needs as part of a larger company.
good enjoyable workplace
Working at BP Bombay was a great experience as it was my first job.
Each day was the same, I just got to work, did what was asked of me and if I had to I did the overtime if it was necessary.

Management was great, they treated me very well, and they gave me my first job.

Workplace at BP Bombay was good, only snag was when you got really angry customers but you just had to listen to them and help them out so they got a good experience.

The hardest part of the job for me at first was talking to people as I was very shy but thanks to BP i got over that and now I don't have a big problem talking to other people.

The best part of the job was learning new things like filling LPG bottles as an example.
new, easy
A day at BP Wanaka was normal and easy just simple customer service and filing cars with petrol, some days it would be very slow so to keep busy wipe down shelf's or restock them.
Laid back work place
Was enjoyable and stress free working here. Only left after 5 years as I needed a change. It's the regulars there that make the job really worth doing.
Pros
Paid Half hour breaks
Cons
Some long days sometimes
Its a very fun and fast paced environment
Regular day is fun and fast paced as no 2 days are the same. Met new people and environment everyday. Deal with customer complaints and met their expectation regardless of the pace and situation. Also to follow the health and hygiene procedure as working on a cafe and each product has its shelf life in spite of which their stock would also need to appropriately maintained.
friendly team but poor high management.
I enjoyed my time working for BP with other staff members and the work i was to complete within a time frame, unfortunately due to higher up management and their work related issues i had to work excess hours and complete jobs that were not on my cleaning duties mostly this work was unpaid. e.g i would be on the cafe side but having to complete jobs assigned to green side team members.
Pros
Awesome team
Cons
poor high management
Great staff and management
I enjoyed my time working at B.P connect Taupo , the management were fantastic and helped you out if needed eg: help with counselling ,etc..getting rewarded when they see you have excelled at different tasks eg up selling products
Pros
Discount on food from cafe (if working at time), interacting with customers, rewarded for goals met, learning new skills and getting certified
Great People and Company
Started NZ customer service job at BP. Great training and ongoing benefits. great work place in terms of health and safety. Only one thing they can improve is if rotating roster can be at place its more beneficial.
Pros
Surprise Gift Card
Cons
Late Shifts
A good place to work
I found BP very professional in the way they treated the customers and the staff. They work very hard to adhere to food safety standards as well as fuel safety standards.
needs to sort out management
BP larnoch had five managers in three years. the staff did not get along with each other. it was very routine. there were no benefits of working there.
This review is for BP Te Kuiti
Way too expensive to work there: any mistake, & you get the bill for it; especially considering the fact that they are unwilling to pay more than the minimum wage, & don't like employees working a 40-hour week. Also, if they give you a public holiday off, they will not pay you for the public holiday. Rosters change at the drop of a hat; but if you urgently need to take time off, you have to fight for it, or apply for it 3 weeks in advance.
Very high turnover of staff, one of the highest I've ever seen, and the highest by far of staff who walk out with no notice.
Cons
Being charged for mistakes.
fun working with the company
its fun working at BP. learnt how to make coffees, management is so friendly and i learnt how to deal with irate customers face to face.

working with co-workers is very good, learnt how to manage work load when it is very busy.
Friendly and Fun workpace
When working at BP I learned a lot about how fast things can pick up and how slow things could be. My co- workers were really helpful and I learned a lot from each and everyone of them. The most enjoyable part of my job was working behind the till because I was able to interact with a lot of different people and get to know all of the regular customers orders off by heart.