Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative46 reviews
New Zealand46 reviews
The overall experience working at BP was good. I met a lot of awesome people and they are like family to me. Downs are management expectations, pay and bonus'. Management could do better at realizing that their employees work hard sweat and tears each day for the company.
go go go.
how to make coffee

management well not to sure.

ok workers

rush hour was hard

rush hour was fun.
Pros
discount
Cons
rude people
great experience working for this company. nice and easy going environment.
A typical day at work was always different, the customers were always the highlight of my day. I learned more patience, I went that extra mile to accommodate a customer. This is the place that taught me all about Health and Safety, the training was pretty thorough and repeated, which was a good thing.

I respected my managers and I still do to this day, as we were all treated as equals. My co workers were brilliant and we all got along very well....the hardest part of the job was being promoted to a supervisor position and not knowing what to do when all the pumps crashed as well as the tills, having to close down a shop that big and not being able to get in touch with any of my managers at the time, also realising that I had not been trained well enough to deal with that sort of situation.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new skills all the time and being acknowledged for the work that I'd done.

And then of course finishing work and hoping that I had done a good job.
Pros
Meeting different people from all walks of life
Cons
The wages weren't that great....
A typical day at work involved a lot of cleaning, including deep cleaning on food containers ie. Pie warmers. As well as maintaining a helpful and friendly environment for customers and making sure that stock levels were managed.
I learned a lot in my time at BP including ow to make coffee to a consistently high standard, food safety, importance of personal protective equipment, how to manage irate customers, fire safety and how to manage emergency situations.

Management was sufficient at store level but above that it seemed that head office made all of their decisions without considering the impact on store workers resulting in a lot of frustration.

Most of my co-workers were helpful and considerate others as always happens in a work force were less than helpful and even a hindrance sometimes.

The hardest part of my job was keeping up with all of the processes that head office kept implementing especially ones that seemed unnecessary.

The most enjoyable part of the job was easily making friends with co-workers and many of the customers as well it was great to meet and talk with a large variety of people.
Pros
Half price coffee and other cafe product and x-mas bonus
Cons
Difficult to get desired shifts
Working for BP is a must, to experience what it is like to give the best customer service possible, while getting all your duties done on time.
I have learnt how to respect sales persons, how a large company is run, cash transactions, large amounts of money handling, invoice acceptance, Banking, office jargon.

how you must get along with all team members for a company to run efficentantly.

working in a big team means everyone becomes your friend even family.
Pros
working with friends, reliable hours, meeting new people
Cons
you cant really go much further.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at bp?