bp

New Zealand110 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Found 110 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,443 reviews

Good job overall

Would reccomend just gets a bit boring after so long as you don't learn anymore. Promotion would make it better because the hard work mean something after that

Pros

Overtime rate

Fun Workplace

BP Connect gives me a chance to learn how to work fast and professional as a team. Most of the time when I working with my team, I feel very proud of ourself that we can help every customer by giving them a good customer service.

Good part-time job while studying

Such a huge company, so experience would vary store to store. Thoroughly enjoyed my employment as it suited my lifestyle. Good part-time work however could potentially be boring and repetitive as full-time work.

Lots of things to learn

I have learned to work in a busy schedule. Wednesdays are normally our busy days and I make it easy by operating both systems at a time. There are different ethnicity in our work place

Pros

Break times

Cons

Standing

Very fun place to work at and very ffriendly staff

BP Connect in Bulls is a very nice place to work at. Very friendly staff and it also meet a lot of different people from all walks of life. Been doing the night shift is more advance to myself because I spend so much time with my grandchild during the day. The management is so cool which helps us a lot during difficult times as I know that they understand the situations that every staff deal with.

Pros

free lunches

Productive and fun Workplace

At my previous job, typically i serve customers. I have learned all the cafe work (Barista) such as, Baking, Coffee making. Also Learn management and leadership skills. How to work independently or in a team. I enjoyed my work Because friendly staff and management. Never had experience any pressure because of team work. Daily interact with different cultural people. Have learned some words of their language. Worked with Samoan. Tongan and Indians at my workplace. Friendly staff. Lastly my most enjoyable part of the job is making coffees because with this i also have some time to interact with customers, which help me to build good relations at with them and enjoyed my work.

Pros

Breaks after every 2 hours, Half an hour lunch break (paid).

Cons

No any cons.

great work enviroment

great place to gain and learn new skills for a career in the field of retail and customer service. friendly bosses and co-workers made the years of work enjoyable.

fun work place

Great for a entry level job, especially if you want to save money and gain new skills along the way. friendly atmosphere and great support from bosses and co-workers.

never have nothing to do

my shifts were often always busy with customers coming in and paying for there fuel, you often got unhappy customers when you had not enough workers at the front serving so them.

Pros

discount on hot chocolate

Cons

only a 10 minute break over the 8 hour shift

Great experience

Serving customer and charging for Gas Barista Morning smile person Great work environment Hardest part - fuel spill enjoyable part - getting to see heaps of vintage cars and learning about their pricing and auction as to what value they hold in the market.

Pros

Great starter

Cons

No bonus

Friendly, welcoming work environment

I enjoyed working at BP as my co-workers were all great people who were easy to get along with, and the manager was an understanding, friendly guy who really helped me feel at home during my time there. I learned a lot about meeting deadlines and how to deal with unexpected problems and how to provide great customer service to keep customers happy.

Pros

Discount on cafe food and coffees, friendly environment.

Cons

Head office did little to account for individual store needs as part of a larger company.

good enjoyable workplace

Working at BP Bombay was a great experience as it was my first job. Each day was the same, I just got to work, did what was asked of me and if I had to I did the overtime if it was necessary. Management was great, they treated me very well, and they gave me my first job. Workplace at BP Bombay was good, only snag was when you got really angry customers but you just had to listen to them and help them out so they got a good experience. The hardest part of the job for me at first was talking to people as I was very shy but thanks to BP i got over that and now I don't have a big problem talking to other people. The best part of the job was learning new things like filling LPG bottles as an example.

Great place to gain experience as a part time.

It was my great experience to work at BP 2 go and as a gym trainer. i learnt communication skills more perfectly. Also learnt how to work under pressure and take managerial decisions on time. I'm always ready to learn more skills.

working with bp counties is a well worth experience.

typical day at work straight from the get go full on coffee making. once that dies down that gives my team member and i time to start doing jobs that are required from us by bp. we learn alot about each other in where one another lacks so we can then help them better themselves. management were always there to help when needed. the culture is very diverse. the hardest part of the day is when needing to put on bakes and topping up on ambient defiantly a challenge but always succeed to complete every task.

Pros

everyone knows what they are doing.

Cons

can get busy from start to end

new, easy

A day at BP Wanaka was normal and easy just simple customer service and filing cars with petrol, some days it would be very slow so to keep busy wipe down shelf's or restock them.

Laid back work place

Was enjoyable and stress free working here. Only left after 5 years as I needed a change. It's the regulars there that make the job really worth doing.

Pros

Paid Half hour breaks

Cons

Some long days sometimes

Great Place

Bp was great loved working here the people were amazing even the pay. The only downfall is they changed store managers a lot which was annoying other than that great company to work for.

Pros

You grow and learn a lot of new things

Cons

Change Store Managers too much

Cool company to work for

Great staff and very reasonable expectations from management. The only downside I had with this job had nothing to do with the company and more to do with its customer base

Busy and friendly workplace

I enjoy working with the customers, cooking in the kitchen and making coffees. I only work four days a week so I do 9 and a half hours a day with no weekend work.

Pros

Only work 4 days a week

Cons

Have to work every public holiday.

Its a very fun and fast paced environment

Regular day is fun and fast paced as no 2 days are the same. Met new people and environment everyday. Deal with customer complaints and met their expectation regardless of the pace and situation. Also to follow the health and hygiene procedure as working on a cafe and each product has its shelf life in spite of which their stock would also need to appropriately maintained.

Pleasure working for BP Connect

Working for BP Connect was a pleasure until such time management decides to chop and change their store managers and this makes it difficult on employees as the new store manager then rates employees on performance of which they had no experience or time shared with different employees working at there gas stations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at bp. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• bp