Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews

New Zealand98 reviews
Happy to gain experience and learning new skills and techniques. Great place to learn about your efficiency as Customer Service Representative and also best place to learn basic stuff about cafe. Learn more from Cafe shifts and best way to be effective in multi-tasking. After working at BP you become more smooth in multi-tasking, communication, etc.
Pros
Holiday pay
Cons
Long Hours less breaks
typical day at work straight from the get go full on coffee making. once that dies down that gives my team member and i time to start doing jobs that are required from us by bp. we learn alot about each other in where one another lacks so we can then help them better themselves. management were always there to help when needed. the culture is very diverse. the hardest part of the day is when needing to put on bakes and topping up on ambient defiantly a challenge but always succeed to complete every task.
Pros
everyone knows what they are doing.
Cons
can get busy from start to end
A day at BP Wanaka was normal and easy just simple customer service and filing cars with petrol, some days it would be very slow so to keep busy wipe down shelf's or restock them.
Was enjoyable and stress free working here. Only left after 5 years as I needed a change. It's the regulars there that make the job really worth doing.
Pros
Paid Half hour breaks
Cons
Some long days sometimes
Bp was great loved working here the people were amazing even the pay. The only downfall is they changed store managers a lot which was annoying other than that great company to work for.
Pros
You grow and learn a lot of new things
Cons
Change Store Managers too much
Great staff and very reasonable expectations from management. The only downside I had with this job had nothing to do with the company and more to do with its customer base
I enjoy working with the customers, cooking in the kitchen and making coffees. I only work four days a week so I do 9 and a half hours a day with no weekend work.
Pros
Only work 4 days a week
Cons
Have to work every public holiday.
Regular day is fun and fast paced as no 2 days are the same. Met new people and environment everyday. Deal with customer complaints and met their expectation regardless of the pace and situation. Also to follow the health and hygiene procedure as working on a cafe and each product has its shelf life in spite of which their stock would also need to appropriately maintained.
Working for BP Connect was a pleasure until such time management decides to chop and change their store managers and this makes it difficult on employees as the new store manager then rates employees on performance of which they had no experience or time shared with different employees working at there gas stations
I enjoyed my time working for BP with other staff members and the work i was to complete within a time frame, unfortunately due to higher up management and their work related issues i had to work excess hours and complete jobs that were not on my cleaning duties mostly this work was unpaid. e.g i would be on the cafe side but having to complete jobs assigned to green side team members.
Pros
Awesome team
Cons
poor high management
I enjoyed my time working at B.P connect Taupo , the management were fantastic and helped you out if needed eg: help with counselling ,etc..getting rewarded when they see you have excelled at different tasks eg up selling products
Pros
Discount on food from cafe (if working at time), interacting with customers, rewarded for goals met, learning new skills and getting certified
Terrible place to work. The manager manipulates situation, blames people for things, accuses people of theft and or wrong doings when they mess up. Racism is not astray here and it is very sad to see in 2017.

the most enjoyable part of the job was going home.
Cons
No breaks
easy going friendly environment to work in great training and staff to work with, on site training was a huge help and teams were great to work with. Great opportunity at going up in the industry
Started NZ customer service job at BP. Great training and ongoing benefits. great work place in terms of health and safety. Only one thing they can improve is if rotating roster can be at place its more beneficial.
Pros
Surprise Gift Card
Cons
Late Shifts
I found BP very professional in the way they treated the customers and the staff. They work very hard to adhere to food safety standards as well as fuel safety standards.
It was a great experience. We took part in a project where we created our own businesses and promoted it to other business owners. My group came first place overall.
Customer service culture is the customer, meeting the needs of your customers. Knowing your customers is knowing your environment around your store is the key to managing the needs of customers and who your competitors are. Very close working environment managers and head office to succeed in good results. More up to date technology Wild bean cafe has been a great success in NZ over the years.Managers there have better control of ordering the needs for the store to meet customer needs.
A typical day was average for the pay rate, learnt to multitask and handle stress customers and situations. hardest part would of been standing for 8+ hours a day best part of the day was interacting with people
Pros
discounts on coffees
Cons
standing allday, work colleages not doing there asigned work
BP larnoch had five managers in three years. the staff did not get along with each other. it was very routine. there were no benefits of working there.
Way too expensive to work there: any mistake, & you get the bill for it; especially considering the fact that they are unwilling to pay more than the minimum wage, & don't like employees working a 40-hour week. Also, if they give you a public holiday off, they will not pay you for the public holiday. Rosters change at the drop of a hat; but if you urgently need to take time off, you have to fight for it, or apply for it 3 weeks in advance.
Very high turnover of staff, one of the highest I've ever seen, and the highest by far of staff who walk out with no notice.
Cons
Being charged for mistakes.
Great place to work, good culture, approachable management and varied work.

The company has a clear vision of where it wants to go, and really tried to promote internal movements.