Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

BP Employee Reviews

The overall experience working at BP was good. I met a lot of awesome people and they are like family to me. Downs are management expectations, pay and bonus'. Management could do better at realizing that their employees work hard sweat and tears each day for the company.
Busy and friendly workplace
I enjoy working with the customers, cooking in the kitchen and making coffees. I only work four days a week so I do 9 and a half hours a day with no weekend work.
Pros
Only work 4 days a week
Cons
Have to work every public holiday.
Its a very fun and fast paced environment
Regular day is fun and fast paced as no 2 days are the same. Met new people and environment everyday. Deal with customer complaints and met their expectation regardless of the pace and situation. Also to follow the health and hygiene procedure as working on a cafe and each product has its shelf life in spite of which their stock would also need to appropriately maintained.
Pleasure working for BP Connect
Working for BP Connect was a pleasure until such time management decides to chop and change their store managers and this makes it difficult on employees as the new store manager then rates employees on performance of which they had no experience or time shared with different employees working at there gas stations
friendly team but poor high management.
I enjoyed my time working for BP with other staff members and the work i was to complete within a time frame, unfortunately due to higher up management and their work related issues i had to work excess hours and complete jobs that were not on my cleaning duties mostly this work was unpaid. e.g i would be on the cafe side but having to complete jobs assigned to green side team members.
Pros
Awesome team
Cons
poor high management
Great staff and management
I enjoyed my time working at B.P connect Taupo , the management were fantastic and helped you out if needed eg: help with counselling ,etc..getting rewarded when they see you have excelled at different tasks eg up selling products
Pros
Discount on food from cafe (if working at time), interacting with customers, rewarded for goals met, learning new skills and getting certified
Very demoralising
Terrible place to work. The manager manipulates situation, blames people for things, accuses people of theft and or wrong doings when they mess up. Racism is not astray here and it is very sad to see in 2017.

the most enjoyable part of the job was going home.
Cons
No breaks
Great first paid employment
easy going friendly environment to work in great training and staff to work with, on site training was a huge help and teams were great to work with. Great opportunity at going up in the industry
Great People and Company
Started NZ customer service job at BP. Great training and ongoing benefits. great work place in terms of health and safety. Only one thing they can improve is if rotating roster can be at place its more beneficial.
Pros
Surprise Gift Card
Cons
Late Shifts
A good place to work
I found BP very professional in the way they treated the customers and the staff. They work very hard to adhere to food safety standards as well as fuel safety standards.
fun and productive workplace
It was a great experience. We took part in a project where we created our own businesses and promoted it to other business owners. My group came first place overall.
Bp New Zealand
Customer service culture is the customer, meeting the needs of your customers. Knowing your customers is knowing your environment around your store is the key to managing the needs of customers and who your competitors are. Very close working environment managers and head office to succeed in good results. More up to date technology Wild bean cafe has been a great success in NZ over the years.Managers there have better control of ordering the needs for the store to meet customer needs.
fun and interesting
A typical day was average for the pay rate, learnt to multitask and handle stress customers and situations. hardest part would of been standing for 8+ hours a day best part of the day was interacting with people
Pros
discounts on coffees
Cons
standing allday, work colleages not doing there asigned work
needs to sort out management
BP larnoch had five managers in three years. the staff did not get along with each other. it was very routine. there were no benefits of working there.
This review is for BP Te Kuiti
Way too expensive to work there: any mistake, & you get the bill for it; especially considering the fact that they are unwilling to pay more than the minimum wage, & don't like employees working a 40-hour week. Also, if they give you a public holiday off, they will not pay you for the public holiday. Rosters change at the drop of a hat; but if you urgently need to take time off, you have to fight for it, or apply for it 3 weeks in advance.
Very high turnover of staff, one of the highest I've ever seen, and the highest by far of staff who walk out with no notice.
Cons
Being charged for mistakes.
Good culture and broad exposure
Great place to work, good culture, approachable management and varied work.

The company has a clear vision of where it wants to go, and really tried to promote internal movements.
fun working with the company
its fun working at BP. learnt how to make coffees, management is so friendly and i learnt how to deal with irate customers face to face.

working with co-workers is very good, learnt how to manage work load when it is very busy.
It can be developed
Management is really poor. Should be multi cultural work place. The Manager tells lie to the boss about the other country employee. as he wants to recruit people from his home country.
productive
Friendly invioroment place to work, friendly staff, flexible hours, management staff easy to get along with. The four and half years I was
employed there I started as casual then became fulltime/permanent.

Daily duties included cleaning, stocking shelves,incoming/outward goods/ordering products front desk. It was an easy job but enjoyed it was privately owned
Friendly and Fun workpace
When working at BP I learned a lot about how fast things can pick up and how slow things could be. My co- workers were really helpful and I learned a lot from each and everyone of them. The most enjoyable part of my job was working behind the till because I was able to interact with a lot of different people and get to know all of the regular customers orders off by heart.
Interactive Environment
Working at BP is never boring because we talk to different customers everyday. We interact with all kind of happy or rude customers. It also helps me to understand the accent of people from different part of world. I greet the customers with smile. I always manage easily to satisfy the angry customers with my services. I never had a hard days with customers here.
Pros
Staff Discount, Bonus, Mystery Shopper Rewards
Cons
Lots of physical work that leave energy for gym