BP Employee Reviews

Found 93 reviews matching the search See all 3,808 reviews
busy workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland14 April 2016
the hardest part of my job is being away from my kids missing all their achievements in their life because i'm working the times they need my support and working when they have games this is the hardest because i'm a single mum of 7kids. I hardly see them either
Fun job, but expect to be sick quite often
Cafe Team Member (Former Employee) –  Whangarei, Northland7 April 2016
I had worked at this store for a few years; my last year I was trying to get any job in IT, working at BP to fill in the time.
This was a change for the good. It was easy to learn everything and I had a strict time-frame to follow. You could avoid any duty when bakes/waste were due. However slacking off was not an option as there were consequences that could involve health and safety.
My shift started at 6AM, however to commute meant getting up at 5AM. Being an insomniac, this meant sleeping an average of 3 or 4 hours every day then getting into work and jumping straight into a -18' freezer. An hour later you would be preparing food items for baking at 250' while churning out hundreds of coffees in between at one of the busiest cafe's in the country.
Pros
A bit of freedom
Cons
All the usual for a food preperation role
It was nice
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Albert, Auckland18 February 2016
we started a day with positive atmosphere .. i learnt to that job , how to do perfect work like on time , tidy & clean . we always manage our work like a team that"s why my co-workers were very helpful & nice ..
Good employer who cared for its workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bombay, Auckland20 December 2015
It was a good experience to work at BP in Auckland. The team was young and fun loving. Management was very co-operative and always listened to us. The work culture was great, team was very responsive and helped each other. Overall, a great place to work.
Pros
Flexible hours, good discount on cafe and on job training for improvemnets
Cons
Minimum wages
I was happy with the job and the management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rolleston, S30 November 2015
The best place to work. The management is really concerned about the employees.Health and safety is really good. No politics at work place.
Pros
paid break
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, N15 October 2015
I learnt alot about Food and Coffee with this employment. I worked as a cashier, baker, and coffee specialist. The managment here were good. They taught me alot about food safety, how to handle money, how to prep all cakes, pies and signing for deliveries. The staff were great to work alongside with. We had a great team at all times.
Pros
Discounts and meeting people.
Cons
Long shifts.
Not a good place to work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland, NZ7 October 2015
Not a good management, Work loads and not work life balanced. Not enough staffs to cover shifts. Management were always considered of themselves rather than the employees.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours
cooperative staff
Manager (Current Employee) –  Flaxmere, Hastings28 September 2015
I learned alot from this place like how t deal with customers and how to manage the staff. how to maintain the standard level of store
cafe night shift
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, N27 September 2015
day begins with temp checks,topping up chilled cabinet, tray up cookies, danishes. get next days ambient s from freezer, tray up next days 6am bake leaving frozens as we dont have enough freezer space in outside cabinet. once that is done im making coffees and serving customers until 7pm.
Pros
30 % discount on cafe foods and carwash
Cons
lack of experienced cover staff
which give me career
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Auckland, N4 September 2015
Ranbaxy which is one of the leading no.1 company in india, where everyone knows about this company, quality products good respect to sales people where ever we go.
Pros
A lot of new producs
Cons
Fun work place and great team
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  BP Connect Junction Auckland1 August 2015
Im a hard worker, extremely passionate about making the customers happy and willing to return. I live by the fact that I treat people as I myself would expect to be treated in all aspects of life and work ethics. Im a team player always willing to go the extra mile when needed, even with the "difficult" patrons at the end of the day we all at some stage have had a bad day. The most enjoyable is the ability to be able to make someone smile or knowledge that you have made a difference just awesome.
fast but under control
checkout (Former Employee) –  Richmond, Nelson18 June 2015
A typical day at work would start out slow and peaceful and at a good pace. through out the day it would become a lot busier and the workers and i would become stressed out as customers flow in and out so fast. I learned how to work a cash register and serve customers and make sure everything they ordered was correct on the receipt as it was my first time. management was good, everything was at a easy going pace and in order. My work mates were lovely people, they always helped me when I tripped up on something and they just had a smile on them all the time. The hardest part of the job I reckon was just coping with stress sometimes but I did pull through. The part I enjoyed most about the job was listening to the music from the speakers and working at the same time and always working with happy people that would have a good laugh while working also serving customers was fun as well.
Pros
free hot chocolate and free lunch
Cons
about 8-9 hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Auckland15 April 2015
Put more effort in identifying the level of individual competency of your workers. Don't promote people on "because of who they know
Good Place
Shift Supervisor/Cashier/Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, N21 February 2015
Customers set your mood. Good training to rise up through management. Didn't enjoy management. Moved between sites which was good. Managers really good but higher up didn't want to listen.
Tight knit team with pleasant regular customers
Cafe Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Whangarei28 January 2015
Working at BP i met a lot of different people from all walks of life. Our regular customers really gave the job that "cherry on top" so to speak feeling.
A typical shift at BP Wylies would have been starting AM or PM, opening you shift, catching up with co-workers on how their day went and getting a run down on what has been done and what needs to be done before handing over the shift.
Regular customers came in for coffees, daily purchases & gas. We never had to question what they wanted as we knew once we saw their car pull into the forecourt, they along with the team really made working there worth while.
The hardest part of the job i think was having too come into a shift where the shift before had been extremely busy and run off their feet that they had no time to complete the daily jobs that needed to be done, so it left you having too complete 2 shifts jobs in one shift, is definitely achievable if you put your head down.
The manager was very fair, basically if you completed your jobs and worked as a team then she was pleased.
As i stated before the most enjoyable part of the job was the team that we had on and all the regular customers.
Pros
Awesome team ethic and regular customers
Cons
Drive offs
Night shift supervisor
Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Invercargill, S28 December 2014
Basically just a job, working nightshift in busy 24 hours service station. Enjoyed the people contact and customer services.

Responsible for cash reconciliation, stock ordering and general cleanliness of premises.

Enjoyed good working relationship with other staff.
Fun, great work place.
Service Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Havelock28 October 2014
Great work place.

Very strict on excellent customer service. Which is a fantastic way to be trained. The high standard becomes branded into each staff member and is natural at the end of training.

The supervisors are very understandable and got he extra mile for every customer. The work place has a really nice atmosphere and work hard play hard routine. You gain a really nice and comfortable relationship with everyone.
Ok
CSR (Current Employee) –  Mt. Wellington23 October 2014
Beats Mcdonalds. Doesnt seem too bad, its inside, low-stress work, decent hours usually 6 to 2 or 2 to 10. Job security is good but advancement is minimal. Wouldnt make a career out of it, but thats just me.
Pros
Hours that avoid traffic, pretty simple job, not too stressful
Cons
8 hours of standing, cant leave grounds for lunch, little benefits
80%
Administrator/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Te Puna, New zealand5 October 2014
Working hard but not enough money.

Work environment is ok.

Management is not too bad
Friendly and fairly challenge workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wellington4 August 2014
First I would say my day to day job is to establish rapport by greeting customers and offering to help by using customers name.

Second I get along well with different managers and have learned so much from them at BP.

Third the hardest part of my job begins with training to follow all BP processes and procedures whereas the fun part is that all co workers get to do whatever they like as long as they manage to complete their assign tasks.

Phalkar Leaph
Pros
Free uniform, staff discount, meeting and party.
Cons
Dealing with disability people in a busy period.

51.5K