Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews

New Zealand98 reviews
Happy to gain experience and learning new skills and techniques. Great place to learn about your efficiency as Customer Service Representative and also best place to learn basic stuff about cafe. Learn more from Cafe shifts and best way to be effective in multi-tasking. After working at BP you become more smooth in multi-tasking, communication, etc.
Pros
Holiday pay
Cons
Long Hours less breaks
its fun working at BP. learnt how to make coffees, management is so friendly and i learnt how to deal with irate customers face to face.

working with co-workers is very good, learnt how to manage work load when it is very busy.
Management is really poor. Should be multi cultural work place. The Manager tells lie to the boss about the other country employee. as he wants to recruit people from his home country.
Friendly invioroment place to work, friendly staff, flexible hours, management staff easy to get along with. The four and half years I was
employed there I started as casual then became fulltime/permanent.

Daily duties included cleaning, stocking shelves,incoming/outward goods/ordering products front desk. It was an easy job but enjoyed it was privately owned
When working at BP I learned a lot about how fast things can pick up and how slow things could be. My co- workers were really helpful and I learned a lot from each and everyone of them. The most enjoyable part of my job was working behind the till because I was able to interact with a lot of different people and get to know all of the regular customers orders off by heart.
Working at BP is never boring because we talk to different customers everyday. We interact with all kind of happy or rude customers. It also helps me to understand the accent of people from different part of world. I greet the customers with smile. I always manage easily to satisfy the angry customers with my services. I never had a hard days with customers here.
Pros
Staff Discount, Bonus, Mystery Shopper Rewards
Cons
Lots of physical work that leave energy for gym
the hardest part of my job is being away from my kids missing all their achievements in their life because i'm working the times they need my support and working when they have games this is the hardest because i'm a single mum of 7kids. I hardly see them either
I had worked at this store for a few years; my last year I was trying to get any job in IT, working at BP to fill in the time.
This was a change for the good. It was easy to learn everything and I had a strict time-frame to follow. You could avoid any duty when bakes/waste were due. However slacking off was not an option as there were consequences that could involve health and safety.

My shift started at 6AM, however to commute meant getting up at 5AM. Being an insomniac, this meant sleeping an average of 3 or 4 hours every day then getting into work and jumping straight into a -18' freezer. An hour later you would be preparing food items for baking at 250' while churning out hundreds of coffees in between at one of the busiest cafe's in the country.
Pros
A bit of freedom
Cons
All the usual for a food preperation role
we started a day with positive atmosphere .. i learnt to that job , how to do perfect work like on time , tidy & clean . we always manage our work like a team that"s why my co-workers were very helpful & nice ..
It was a good experience to work at BP in Auckland. The team was young and fun loving. Management was very co-operative and always listened to us. The work culture was great, team was very responsive and helped each other. Overall, a great place to work.
Pros
Flexible hours, good discount on cafe and on job training for improvemnets
Cons
Minimum wages
The best place to work. The management is really concerned about the employees.Health and safety is really good. No politics at work place.
Pros
paid break
I learnt alot about Food and Coffee with this employment. I worked as a cashier, baker, and coffee specialist. The managment here were good. They taught me alot about food safety, how to handle money, how to prep all cakes, pies and signing for deliveries. The staff were great to work alongside with. We had a great team at all times.
Pros
Discounts and meeting people.
Cons
Long shifts.
Not a good management, Work loads and not work life balanced. Not enough staffs to cover shifts. Management were always considered of themselves rather than the employees.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours
I learned alot from this place like how t deal with customers and how to manage the staff. how to maintain the standard level of store
day begins with temp checks,topping up chilled cabinet, tray up cookies, danishes. get next days ambient s from freezer, tray up next days 6am bake leaving frozens as we dont have enough freezer space in outside cabinet. once that is done im making coffees and serving customers until 7pm.
Pros
30 % discount on cafe foods and carwash
Cons
lack of experienced cover staff
Ranbaxy which is one of the leading no.1 company in india, where everyone knows about this company, quality products good respect to sales people where ever we go.
Pros
A lot of new producs
Cons
Im a hard worker, extremely passionate about making the customers happy and willing to return. I live by the fact that I treat people as I myself would expect to be treated in all aspects of life and work ethics. Im a team player always willing to go the extra mile when needed, even with the "difficult" patrons at the end of the day we all at some stage have had a bad day. The most enjoyable is the ability to be able to make someone smile or knowledge that you have made a difference just awesome.
A typical day at work would start out slow and peaceful and at a good pace. through out the day it would become a lot busier and the workers and i would become stressed out as customers flow in and out so fast. I learned how to work a cash register and serve customers and make sure everything they ordered was correct on the receipt as it was my first time. management was good, everything was at a easy going pace and in order. My work mates were lovely people, they always helped me when I tripped up on something and they just had a smile on them all the time. The hardest part of the job I reckon was just coping with stress sometimes but I did pull through. The part I enjoyed most about the job was listening to the music from the speakers and working at the same time and always working with happy people that would have a good laugh while working also serving customers was fun as well.
Pros
free hot chocolate and free lunch
Cons
about 8-9 hours
Put more effort in identifying the level of individual competency of your workers. Don't promote people on "because of who they know
Customers set your mood. Good training to rise up through management. Didn't enjoy management. Moved between sites which was good. Managers really good but higher up didn't want to listen.
Working at BP i met a lot of different people from all walks of life. Our regular customers really gave the job that "cherry on top" so to speak feeling.
A typical shift at BP Wylies would have been starting AM or PM, opening you shift, catching up with co-workers on how their day went and getting a run down on what has been done and what needs to be done before handing over the shift.

Regular customers came in for coffees, daily purchases & gas. We never had to question what they wanted as we knew once we saw their car pull into the forecourt, they along with the team really made working there worth while.

The hardest part of the job i think was having too come into a shift where the shift before had been extremely busy and run off their feet that they had no time to complete the daily jobs that needed to be done, so it left you having too complete 2 shifts jobs in one shift, is definitely achievable if you put your head down.

The manager was very fair, basically if you completed your jobs and worked as a team then she was pleased.

As i stated before the most enjoyable part of the job was the team that we had on and all the regular customers.
Pros
Awesome team ethic and regular customers
Cons
Drive offs