bp

New Zealand110 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Found 110 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,443 reviews

Good job overall

Would reccomend just gets a bit boring after so long as you don't learn anymore. Promotion would make it better because the hard work mean something after that

Pros

Overtime rate

friendly team but poor high management.

I enjoyed my time working for BP with other staff members and the work i was to complete within a time frame, unfortunately due to higher up management and their work related issues i had to work excess hours and complete jobs that were not on my cleaning duties mostly this work was unpaid. e.g i would be on the cafe side but having to complete jobs assigned to green side team members.

Pros

Awesome team

Cons

poor high management

Great staff and management

I enjoyed my time working at B.P connect Taupo , the management were fantastic and helped you out if needed eg: help with counselling ,etc..getting rewarded when they see you have excelled at different tasks eg up selling products

Pros

Discount on food from cafe (if working at time), interacting with customers, rewarded for goals met, learning new skills and getting certified

Very demoralising

Terrible place to work. The manager manipulates situation, blames people for things, accuses people of theft and or wrong doings when they mess up. Racism is not astray here and it is very sad to see in 2017. the most enjoyable part of the job was going home.

Cons

No breaks

Great first paid employment

easy going friendly environment to work in great training and staff to work with, on site training was a huge help and teams were great to work with. Great opportunity at going up in the industry

Great People and Company

Started NZ customer service job at BP. Great training and ongoing benefits. great work place in terms of health and safety. Only one thing they can improve is if rotating roster can be at place its more beneficial.

Pros

Surprise Gift Card

Cons

Late Shifts

A good place to work

I found BP very professional in the way they treated the customers and the staff. They work very hard to adhere to food safety standards as well as fuel safety standards.

fun and productive workplace

It was a great experience. We took part in a project where we created our own businesses and promoted it to other business owners. My group came first place overall.

Bp New Zealand

Customer service culture is the customer, meeting the needs of your customers. Knowing your customers is knowing your environment around your store is the key to managing the needs of customers and who your competitors are. Very close working environment managers and head office to succeed in good results. More up to date technology Wild bean cafe has been a great success in NZ over the years.Managers there have better control of ordering the needs for the store to meet customer needs.

fun and interesting

A typical day was average for the pay rate, learnt to multitask and handle stress customers and situations. hardest part would of been standing for 8+ hours a day best part of the day was interacting with people

Pros

discounts on coffees

Cons

standing allday, work colleages not doing there asigned work

needs to sort out management

BP larnoch had five managers in three years. the staff did not get along with each other. it was very routine. there were no benefits of working there.

This review is for BP Te Kuiti

Way too expensive to work there: any mistake, & you get the bill for it; especially considering the fact that they are unwilling to pay more than the minimum wage, & don't like employees working a 40-hour week. Also, if they give you a public holiday off, they will not pay you for the public holiday. Rosters change at the drop of a hat; but if you urgently need to take time off, you have to fight for it, or apply for it 3 weeks in advance. Very high turnover of staff, one of the highest I've ever seen, and the highest by far of staff who walk out with no notice.

Cons

Being charged for mistakes.

Good culture and broad exposure

Great place to work, good culture, approachable management and varied work. The company has a clear vision of where it wants to go, and really tried to promote internal movements.

fun working with the company

its fun working at BP. learnt how to make coffees, management is so friendly and i learnt how to deal with irate customers face to face. working with co-workers is very good, learnt how to manage work load when it is very busy.

It can be developed

Management is really poor. Should be multi cultural work place. The Manager tells lie to the boss about the other country employee. as he wants to recruit people from his home country.

productive

Friendly invioroment place to work, friendly staff, flexible hours, management staff easy to get along with. The four and half years I was employed there I started as casual then became fulltime/permanent. Daily duties included cleaning, stocking shelves,incoming/outward goods/ordering products front desk. It was an easy job but enjoyed it was privately owned

Friendly and Fun workpace

When working at BP I learned a lot about how fast things can pick up and how slow things could be. My co- workers were really helpful and I learned a lot from each and everyone of them. The most enjoyable part of my job was working behind the till because I was able to interact with a lot of different people and get to know all of the regular customers orders off by heart.

Interactive Environment

Working at BP is never boring because we talk to different customers everyday. We interact with all kind of happy or rude customers. It also helps me to understand the accent of people from different part of world. I greet the customers with smile. I always manage easily to satisfy the angry customers with my services. I never had a hard days with customers here.

Pros

Staff Discount, Bonus, Mystery Shopper Rewards

Cons

Lots of physical work that leave energy for gym

busy workplace

the hardest part of my job is being away from my kids missing all their achievements in their life because i'm working the times they need my support and working when they have games this is the hardest because i'm a single mum of 7kids. I hardly see them either

Fun job, but expect to be sick quite often

I had worked at this store for a few years; my last year I was trying to get any job in IT, working at BP to fill in the time. This was a change for the good. It was easy to learn everything and I had a strict time-frame to follow. You could avoid any duty when bakes/waste were due. However slacking off was not an option as there were consequences that could involve health and safety. My shift started at 6AM, however to commute meant getting up at 5AM. Being an insomniac, this meant sleeping an average of 3 or 4 hours every day then getting into work and jumping straight into a -18' freezer. An hour later you would be preparing food items for baking at 250' while churning out hundreds of coffees in between at one of the busiest cafe's in the country.

Pros

A bit of freedom

Cons

All the usual for a food preperation role

It was nice

we started a day with positive atmosphere .. i learnt to that job , how to do perfect work like on time , tidy & clean . we always manage our work like a team that"s why my co-workers were very helpful & nice ..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at bp. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• bp