bp

New Zealand110 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Found 110 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,443 reviews

Good job overall

Would reccomend just gets a bit boring after so long as you don't learn anymore. Promotion would make it better because the hard work mean something after that

Pros

Overtime rate

Good employer who cared for its workers

It was a good experience to work at BP in Auckland. The team was young and fun loving. Management was very co-operative and always listened to us. The work culture was great, team was very responsive and helped each other. Overall, a great place to work.

Pros

Flexible hours, good discount on cafe and on job training for improvemnets

Cons

Minimum wages

I was happy with the job and the management

The best place to work. The management is really concerned about the employees.Health and safety is really good. No politics at work place.

Pros

paid break

I learnt alot about Food and Coffee with this employment. I worked as a cashier, baker, and coffee specialist. The managment here were good. They taught me alot about food safety, how to handle money, how to prep all cakes, pies and signing for deliveries. The staff were great to work alongside with. We had a great team at all times.

Pros

Discounts and meeting people.

Cons

Long shifts.

Not a good place to work

Not a good management, Work loads and not work life balanced. Not enough staffs to cover shifts. Management were always considered of themselves rather than the employees.

Pros

Cons

Long Hours

cooperative staff

I learned alot from this place like how t deal with customers and how to manage the staff. how to maintain the standard level of store

cafe night shift

day begins with temp checks,topping up chilled cabinet, tray up cookies, danishes. get next days ambient s from freezer, tray up next days 6am bake leaving frozens as we dont have enough freezer space in outside cabinet. once that is done im making coffees and serving customers until 7pm.

Pros

30 % discount on cafe foods and carwash

Cons

lack of experienced cover staff

which give me career

Ranbaxy which is one of the leading no.1 company in india, where everyone knows about this company, quality products good respect to sales people where ever we go.

Pros

A lot of new producs

Cons

Fun work place and great team

Im a hard worker, extremely passionate about making the customers happy and willing to return. I live by the fact that I treat people as I myself would expect to be treated in all aspects of life and work ethics. Im a team player always willing to go the extra mile when needed, even with the "difficult" patrons at the end of the day we all at some stage have had a bad day. The most enjoyable is the ability to be able to make someone smile or knowledge that you have made a difference just awesome.

fast but under control

A typical day at work would start out slow and peaceful and at a good pace. through out the day it would become a lot busier and the workers and i would become stressed out as customers flow in and out so fast. I learned how to work a cash register and serve customers and make sure everything they ordered was correct on the receipt as it was my first time. management was good, everything was at a easy going pace and in order. My work mates were lovely people, they always helped me when I tripped up on something and they just had a smile on them all the time. The hardest part of the job I reckon was just coping with stress sometimes but I did pull through. The part I enjoyed most about the job was listening to the music from the speakers and working at the same time and always working with happy people that would have a good laugh while working also serving customers was fun as well.

Pros

free hot chocolate and free lunch

Cons

about 8-9 hours

Put more effort in identifying the level of individual competency of your workers. Don't promote people on "because of who they know

Good Place

Customers set your mood. Good training to rise up through management. Didn't enjoy management. Moved between sites which was good. Managers really good but higher up didn't want to listen.

Tight knit team with pleasant regular customers

Working at BP i met a lot of different people from all walks of life. Our regular customers really gave the job that "cherry on top" so to speak feeling. A typical shift at BP Wylies would have been starting AM or PM, opening you shift, catching up with co-workers on how their day went and getting a run down on what has been done and what needs to be done before handing over the shift. Regular customers came in for coffees, daily purchases & gas. We never had to question what they wanted as we knew once we saw their car pull into the forecourt, they along with the team really made working there worth while. The hardest part of the job i think was having too come into a shift where the shift before had been extremely busy and run off their feet that they had no time to complete the daily jobs that needed to be done, so it left you having too complete 2 shifts jobs in one shift, is definitely achievable if you put your head down. The manager was very fair, basically if you completed your jobs and worked as a team then she was pleased. As i stated before the most enjoyable part of the job was the team that we had on and all the regular customers.

Pros

Awesome team ethic and regular customers

Cons

Drive offs

Night shift supervisor

Basically just a job, working nightshift in busy 24 hours service station. Enjoyed the people contact and customer services. Responsible for cash reconciliation, stock ordering and general cleanliness of premises. Enjoyed good working relationship with other staff.

Fun, great work place.

Great work place. Very strict on excellent customer service. Which is a fantastic way to be trained. The high standard becomes branded into each staff member and is natural at the end of training. The supervisors are very understandable and got he extra mile for every customer. The work place has a really nice atmosphere and work hard play hard routine. You gain a really nice and comfortable relationship with everyone.

Ok

Beats Mcdonalds. Doesnt seem too bad, its inside, low-stress work, decent hours usually 6 to 2 or 2 to 10. Job security is good but advancement is minimal. Wouldnt make a career out of it, but thats just me.

Pros

Hours that avoid traffic, pretty simple job, not too stressful

Cons

8 hours of standing, cant leave grounds for lunch, little benefits

80%

Working hard but not enough money. Work environment is ok. Management is not too bad

Friendly and fairly challenge workplace.

First I would say my day to day job is to establish rapport by greeting customers and offering to help by using customers name. Second I get along well with different managers and have learned so much from them at BP. Third the hardest part of my job begins with training to follow all BP processes and procedures whereas the fun part is that all co workers get to do whatever they like as long as they manage to complete their assign tasks. Phalkar Leaph

Pros

Free uniform, staff discount, meeting and party.

Cons

Dealing with disability people in a busy period.

productive

learned many thins from the work experience to manage customers in busy days giving friendly environment to the customers

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Stressfull but so worth it in the end

A typical day here never happened everyday was different and i enjoyed the daily challenges.

Pros

50% staff discount, staff fuel cards, bonuses (performance related)

Cons

long hours, very little family life due to varied night and day shifts

Fun but Repetitive

Starting at either 2pm or 6am you would work for 8 hours I did Learn how to make Barista coffee while working at bp the management changed three times while i worked there which I found annoying. my co workers were fun and enjoyable to be around. the hardest part was the standing all day which was very hard on the feet. the most enjoyable was when we had a nice smooth day with no angry customers and if my co workers were in a good mood.

Pros

paid 30 minute lunch or dinner break

Cons

your breaks were working breaks so if it was busy you didn't really get a break.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at bp. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• bp