Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews

New Zealand99 reviews
I work at a store which didn't have the best manager and a high turn over of staff. It was very stressful working there. But bp as a hole do take care of there workers and I know other bp are great to work at
Pros
staff discount on food, opportunities to grow
Cons
Under staffed at time and stressful
Working at BP i met a lot of different people from all walks of life. Our regular customers really gave the job that "cherry on top" so to speak feeling.
A typical shift at BP Wylies would have been starting AM or PM, opening you shift, catching up with co-workers on how their day went and getting a run down on what has been done and what needs to be done before handing over the shift.

Regular customers came in for coffees, daily purchases & gas. We never had to question what they wanted as we knew once we saw their car pull into the forecourt, they along with the team really made working there worth while.

The hardest part of the job i think was having too come into a shift where the shift before had been extremely busy and run off their feet that they had no time to complete the daily jobs that needed to be done, so it left you having too complete 2 shifts jobs in one shift, is definitely achievable if you put your head down.

The manager was very fair, basically if you completed your jobs and worked as a team then she was pleased.

As i stated before the most enjoyable part of the job was the team that we had on and all the regular customers.
Pros
Awesome team ethic and regular customers
Cons
Drive offs
Basically just a job, working nightshift in busy 24 hours service station. Enjoyed the people contact and customer services.

Responsible for cash reconciliation, stock ordering and general cleanliness of premises.

Enjoyed good working relationship with other staff.
Great work place.

Very strict on excellent customer service. Which is a fantastic way to be trained. The high standard becomes branded into each staff member and is natural at the end of training.

The supervisors are very understandable and got he extra mile for every customer. The work place has a really nice atmosphere and work hard play hard routine. You gain a really nice and comfortable relationship with everyone.
Beats Mcdonalds. Doesnt seem too bad, its inside, low-stress work, decent hours usually 6 to 2 or 2 to 10. Job security is good but advancement is minimal. Wouldnt make a career out of it, but thats just me.
Pros
Hours that avoid traffic, pretty simple job, not too stressful
Cons
8 hours of standing, cant leave grounds for lunch, little benefits
Working hard but not enough money.

Work environment is ok.

Management is not too bad
First I would say my day to day job is to establish rapport by greeting customers and offering to help by using customers name.

Second I get along well with different managers and have learned so much from them at BP.

Third the hardest part of my job begins with training to follow all BP processes and procedures whereas the fun part is that all co workers get to do whatever they like as long as they manage to complete their assign tasks.

Phalkar Leaph
Pros
Free uniform, staff discount, meeting and party.
Cons
Dealing with disability people in a busy period.
learned many thins from the work experience to manage customers in busy days giving friendly environment to the customers
Pros
free lunches
Cons
A typical day here never happened everyday was different and i enjoyed the daily challenges.
Pros
50% staff discount, staff fuel cards, bonuses (performance related)
Cons
long hours, very little family life due to varied night and day shifts
Starting at either 2pm or 6am you would work for 8 hours

I did Learn how to make Barista coffee while working at bp

the management changed three times while i worked there which I found annoying.

my co workers were fun and enjoyable to be around.

the hardest part was the standing all day which was very hard on the feet.

the most enjoyable was when we had a nice smooth day with no angry customers and if my co workers were in a good mood.
Pros
paid 30 minute lunch or dinner break
Cons
your breaks were working breaks so if it was busy you didn't really get a break.
Good Experience to work. Good salary package. good life security.
I enjoyed working with some of the staff but mostly enjoy getting to now the customers that came into the shop.
cleaning and washing dishes,peeling and cutting veges,co workers are great people very easy going
Good companie but shift work didnt suit 4 days on, 1 day off,
4 nights on, 3 days off average work day 11/13 hours
City Guard is a very nice and company every thing is systematic and right on time. I learn many thing from my seniors and co-workers. It`s a my very good experience in this company.
Work was typically busy. I developed my customer service skills, as well as a lot of administration skills. We had a great team working there. I enjoyed interacting with a wide range of customers, and customer reps.
Pretty standard service station environment.
The staff made the business and customers grew due to great service and attention towards them.
Pros
Good location to work from, all people were friendly
Cons
Working on a winters snow day on the forecourt 2 -4 degrees.
nice company.
learned cleaning process eg courtyard,windows etc

how to operate tills

how to operate pumps

no point is hard in job.

management is quite good and experienced.

most enjoyable part is to help old age people in job.
one of my day when i was working with my co-worker it was like a bad moment very he was very cunning and taking behind be about some other persons .

i learned to be friendly and help each other and work with fun to achieve all my goals
That place was the higher in standard. They do anything according to the rules and regulation to maintain the standard.
Pros
half price for the food we buy
Cons
you cannot come inside the store durig the night time
I am a shift supervisor I either open up or close. Food is prepared in the morning before opening. I have a range of duties from customer service to operating the till and customer service and cleaning duties, restocking shelves. I responsible for the running of the service station if the manager is not there on my shift. I have learnt many skills from emergencies to working under pressure to diffusing situations. It is important to get on with the people you work with to create a happy work place also sometimes it is necessary to listen carefully and deal quickly with any issues.The hardest art of the job is the shift work and working in cold weather conditions outside.The enjoyment of meeting people out weighs this
Pros
fast and meet lots of people