Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews

New Zealand99 reviews
I work at a store which didn't have the best manager and a high turn over of staff. It was very stressful working there. But bp as a hole do take care of there workers and I know other bp are great to work at
Pros
staff discount on food, opportunities to grow
Cons
Under staffed at time and stressful
Where is the letter "I" in team work - where there is no fairness across the work place. Pettiness and poor management from Head office to the Site Management is a disgrace.
Pros
discounted coffee
Cons
Not seeing the potential in hard working staff
Working as Customer service representative at one of the most busiest BP service station was one of the most wonderful experience. Meeting and communicating with regular customers as well as new customers everyday was most exciting part. Getting positive feedbacks from customers and managers motivated me to provide best service to customers daily. I also learned that if you treat your customers, co workers or anyone well than you will be treated same. First couple of days I found it bit difficult when technical issues arised while using checkout registers but being a fast learner i quickly learnt how to solve the technical issues. Other than first few days in this job I did not find any part of the job was difficult to perform.
Love my job at BP2GO- I've enjoyed my time at bp the co-workers/management/ bosses are awesome very friendly and down to earth, We are the only bp that does full customer service from serving you inside with coffee or over the counter sales to outside on the fore court pumping gas filling LPG to washing windows and checking oil etc..Most customer I've came a cross are lovely there the ones that always make my day there never been a time were it been hard or difficult.
Pros
Meeting alot of great people, Good pay, Good hours
Cons
smelling like petrol.
We used to enjoy working here, the price of petrol was cheaper then and the customers were fantastic, you learned how to communicate
a day at work always had flowing customers coming through.
i gained confidence in my customer service skills.

management was always there to help aswell as my co-workers got along really well. not the hardest but most chanllenging part of working at bp was making coffee for the morning rush also afternoon and still be able to complete our assigned jobs we had. the most part i enjoied was meeting new people almost everyday.
Pros
if i needed more hours i could get them.
Cons
when a customer isn't satified
go go go.
how to make coffee

management well not to sure.

ok workers

rush hour was hard

rush hour was fun.
Pros
discount
Cons
rude people
BP service station was a great place to work while at High School.

During my time at BP I learnt essential customer service, money handling and merchandising skills.
Serving customers is what I love to do, whether the weather there was no dull moment or two moments the same.

Being able to provide customer service with a smile is what I love to do.

Although it was only for a short period of time, this is where I gained many skills that will stay with me and support my career in the future.
Pros
Free Friday lunch
Cons
Co Workers
great experience working for this company. nice and easy going environment.
vibrant environment, always moving targets on a day by day basis
company allowed me to do my job and were always in the back ground to offer assistance if/when required

A very forward thinking company

Most difficult day today challenge was ensuring we were fully staffed to meet customer demands and expectations, however achieving this and achieving sales and profit targets gave me great satisfaction and a sense of fulfilment whilst ensuring health and was never comprimised
i started at 6am and worked till 2pm or 2pm till 10pm
i learnt how to work well with others, to work a till, put petrol in peoples cars, stocktake and stock shelves

i got along with everyone and knew all of them because my mother worked there

A typical day at work was always different, the customers were always the highlight of my day. I learned more patience, I went that extra mile to accommodate a customer. This is the place that taught me all about Health and Safety, the training was pretty thorough and repeated, which was a good thing.

I respected my managers and I still do to this day, as we were all treated as equals. My co workers were brilliant and we all got along very well....the hardest part of the job was being promoted to a supervisor position and not knowing what to do when all the pumps crashed as well as the tills, having to close down a shop that big and not being able to get in touch with any of my managers at the time, also realising that I had not been trained well enough to deal with that sort of situation.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new skills all the time and being acknowledged for the work that I'd done.

And then of course finishing work and hoping that I had done a good job.
Pros
Meeting different people from all walks of life
Cons
The wages weren't that great....
was a good job with awesome co workers and a great boss, was a good work enviroment, did things such as stock take, til, cleaning , customer service
A typical day at work involved a lot of cleaning, including deep cleaning on food containers ie. Pie warmers. As well as maintaining a helpful and friendly environment for customers and making sure that stock levels were managed.
I learned a lot in my time at BP including ow to make coffee to a consistently high standard, food safety, importance of personal protective equipment, how to manage irate customers, fire safety and how to manage emergency situations.

Management was sufficient at store level but above that it seemed that head office made all of their decisions without considering the impact on store workers resulting in a lot of frustration.

Most of my co-workers were helpful and considerate others as always happens in a work force were less than helpful and even a hindrance sometimes.

The hardest part of my job was keeping up with all of the processes that head office kept implementing especially ones that seemed unnecessary.

The most enjoyable part of the job was easily making friends with co-workers and many of the customers as well it was great to meet and talk with a large variety of people.
Pros
Half price coffee and other cafe product and x-mas bonus
Cons
Difficult to get desired shifts
While I enjoyed this position there was no chance of job advancement.
Pros
free mochas
Cons
not enought hours. owner who wasn't interested in change.
Very busy
Met lots of interesting people

Lots of fun people to work with

I was made redundant or I would still be there.
Pros
part time hours - close to home
Cons
dealing with grumpy people
I learnt how to make coffee on a barista machine never done it before. Dealt with difficult customers tactfully. My co workers we had a good rapport and was a bright fun clean environment to work in.
Pros
got a 50% discount off cafe' food and beverages.
Cons
it was graveyard shift, and long hours.
Working for BP is a must, to experience what it is like to give the best customer service possible, while getting all your duties done on time.
I have learnt how to respect sales persons, how a large company is run, cash transactions, large amounts of money handling, invoice acceptance, Banking, office jargon.

how you must get along with all team members for a company to run efficentantly.

working in a big team means everyone becomes your friend even family.
Pros
working with friends, reliable hours, meeting new people
Cons
you cant really go much further.