BP Employee Reviews

Found 93 reviews matching the search See all 3,815 reviews
Summary of employment at BP Service Station
Shift Manager/Forecourt Attendant (Former Employee) –  Putaruru and Te Puke26 November 2013
BP service station was a great place to work while at High School.

During my time at BP I learnt essential customer service, money handling and merchandising skills.
Enjoyable
Pump Attendant (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, S5 September 2013
Serving customers is what I love to do, whether the weather there was no dull moment or two moments the same.

Being able to provide customer service with a smile is what I love to do.

Although it was only for a short period of time, this is where I gained many skills that will stay with me and support my career in the future.
Pros
Free Friday lunch
Cons
Co Workers
average
Customer service & Stock controlling (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N17 August 2013
great experience working for this company. nice and easy going environment.
a people company, fun to work for and with, great management support
manager (re tired sept 2012) (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, S5 August 2013
vibrant environment, always moving targets on a day by day basis
company allowed me to do my job and were always in the back ground to offer assistance if/when required
A very forward thinking company
Most difficult day today challenge was ensuring we were fully staffed to meet customer demands and expectations, however achieving this and achieving sales and profit targets gave me great satisfaction and a sense of fulfilment whilst ensuring health and was never comprimised
A place that was ok to work at
Forecourt Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gore, S6 July 2013
i started at 6am and worked till 2pm or 2pm till 10pm
i learnt how to work well with others, to work a till, put petrol in peoples cars, stocktake and stock shelves
i got along with everyone and knew all of them because my mother worked there
Enjoyable
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N24 June 2013
A typical day at work was always different, the customers were always the highlight of my day. I learned more patience, I went that extra mile to accommodate a customer. This is the place that taught me all about Health and Safety, the training was pretty thorough and repeated, which was a good thing.

I respected my managers and I still do to this day, as we were all treated as equals. My co workers were brilliant and we all got along very well....the hardest part of the job was being promoted to a supervisor position and not knowing what to do when all the pumps crashed as well as the tills, having to close down a shop that big and not being able to get in touch with any of my managers at the time, also realising that I had not been trained well enough to deal with that sort of situation.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new skills all the time and being acknowledged for the work that I'd done.

And then of course finishing work and hoping that I had done a good job.
Pros
Meeting different people from all walks of life
Cons
The wages weren't that great....
Forecourt attendant (Former Employee) –  Taumarunui19 June 2013
was a good job with awesome co workers and a great boss, was a good work enviroment, did things such as stock take, til, cleaning , customer service
Adequate with out being exciting
A typical day at work involved a lot of cleaning, including deep cleaning on food containers ie. Pie warmers. As well as maintaining a helpful and friendly environment for customers and making sure that stock levels were managed.
I learned a lot in my time at BP including ow to make coffee to a consistently high standard, food safety, importance of personal protective equipment, how to manage irate customers, fire safety and how to manage emergency situations.
Management was sufficient at store level but above that it seemed that head office made all of their decisions without considering the impact on store workers resulting in a lot of frustration.
Most of my co-workers were helpful and considerate others as always happens in a work force were less than helpful and even a hindrance sometimes.
The hardest part of my job was keeping up with all of the processes that head office kept implementing especially ones that seemed unnecessary.
The most enjoyable part of the job was easily making friends with co-workers and many of the customers as well it was great to meet and talk with a large variety of people.
Pros
Half price coffee and other cafe product and x-mas bonus
Cons
Difficult to get desired shifts
Good in between job
Office Administrator/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kaeo, Northland24 April 2013
While I enjoyed this position there was no chance of job advancement.
Pros
free mochas
Cons
not enought hours. owner who wasn't interested in change.
Interesting workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Rolleston Canterbury12 March 2013
Very busy
Met lots of interesting people
Lots of fun people to work with

I was made redundant or I would still be there.
Pros
part time hours - close to home
Cons
dealing with grumpy people
Good work place to be in
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Riccarton, Chistchurch5 February 2013
I learnt how to make coffee on a barista machine never done it before. Dealt with difficult customers tactfully. My co workers we had a good rapport and was a bright fun clean environment to work in.
Pros
got a 50% discount off cafe' food and beverages.
Cons
it was graveyard shift, and long hours.
Very Productive, on the go, customer orientated
CSR/Admin/cafe (Former Employee) –  Levin New Zealand12 April 2012
Working for BP is a must, to experience what it is like to give the best customer service possible, while getting all your duties done on time.
I have learnt how to respect sales persons, how a large company is run, cash transactions, large amounts of money handling, invoice acceptance, Banking, office jargon.
how you must get along with all team members for a company to run efficentantly.
working in a big team means everyone becomes your friend even family.
Pros
working with friends, reliable hours, meeting new people
Cons
you cant really go much further.