bp

New Zealand110 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Found 110 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,443 reviews

Good job overall

Would reccomend just gets a bit boring after so long as you don't learn anymore. Promotion would make it better because the hard work mean something after that

Pros

Overtime rate

Good expericence

Good Experience to work. Good salary package. good life security.

fun workplace

I enjoyed working with some of the staff but mostly enjoy getting to now the customers that came into the shop.

very productive

cleaning and washing dishes,peeling and cutting veges,co workers are great people very easy going

shift work didnt suit

Good companie but shift work didnt suit 4 days on, 1 day off, 4 nights on, 3 days off average work day 11/13 hours

Worked as a Security Guard

City Guard is a very nice and company every thing is systematic and right on time. I learn many thing from my seniors and co-workers. It`s a my very good experience in this company.

Enjoyable work place & great team

Work was typically busy. I developed my customer service skills, as well as a lot of administration skills. We had a great team working there. I enjoyed interacting with a wide range of customers, and customer reps.

Pretty standard service station environment. The staff made the business and customers grew due to great service and attention towards them.

Pros

Good location to work from, all people were friendly

Cons

Working on a winters snow day on the forecourt 2 -4 degrees.

good

nice company. learned cleaning process eg courtyard,windows etc how to operate tills how to operate pumps no point is hard in job. management is quite good and experienced. most enjoyable part is to help old age people in job.

fun work by gaining knowledge

one of my day when i was working with my co-worker it was like a bad moment very he was very cunning and taking behind be about some other persons . i learned to be friendly and help each other and work with fun to achieve all my goals

Higher standard

That place was the higher in standard. They do anything according to the rules and regulation to maintain the standard.

Pros

half price for the food we buy

Cons

you cannot come inside the store durig the night time

Productive work place

I am a shift supervisor I either open up or close. Food is prepared in the morning before opening. I have a range of duties from customer service to operating the till and customer service and cleaning duties, restocking shelves. I responsible for the running of the service station if the manager is not there on my shift. I have learnt many skills from emergencies to working under pressure to diffusing situations. It is important to get on with the people you work with to create a happy work place also sometimes it is necessary to listen carefully and deal quickly with any issues.The hardest art of the job is the shift work and working in cold weather conditions outside.The enjoyment of meeting people out weighs this

Pros

fast and meet lots of people

Team work

Where is the letter "I" in team work - where there is no fairness across the work place. Pettiness and poor management from Head office to the Site Management is a disgrace.

Pros

discounted coffee

Cons

Not seeing the potential in hard working staff

Wonderful experience as CSR

Working as Customer service representative at one of the most busiest BP service station was one of the most wonderful experience. Meeting and communicating with regular customers as well as new customers everyday was most exciting part. Getting positive feedbacks from customers and managers motivated me to provide best service to customers daily. I also learned that if you treat your customers, co workers or anyone well than you will be treated same. First couple of days I found it bit difficult when technical issues arised while using checkout registers but being a fast learner i quickly learnt how to solve the technical issues. Other than first few days in this job I did not find any part of the job was difficult to perform.

Enjoyable friendly place

Love my job at BP2GO- I've enjoyed my time at bp the co-workers/management/ bosses are awesome very friendly and down to earth, We are the only bp that does full customer service from serving you inside with coffee or over the counter sales to outside on the fore court pumping gas filling LPG to washing windows and checking oil etc..Most customer I've came a cross are lovely there the ones that always make my day there never been a time were it been hard or difficult.

Pros

Meeting alot of great people, Good pay, Good hours

Cons

smelling like petrol.

A great place to work

We used to enjoy working here, the price of petrol was cheaper then and the customers were fantastic, you learned how to communicate

was fun clean and tidy work place

a day at work always had flowing customers coming through. i gained confidence in my customer service skills. management was always there to help aswell as my co-workers got along really well. not the hardest but most chanllenging part of working at bp was making coffee for the morning rush also afternoon and still be able to complete our assigned jobs we had. the most part i enjoied was meeting new people almost everyday.

Pros

if i needed more hours i could get them.

Cons

when a customer isn't satified

fast workplace

go go go. how to make coffee management well not to sure. ok workers rush hour was hard rush hour was fun.

Pros

discount

Cons

rude people

Summary of employment at BP Service Station

BP service station was a great place to work while at High School. During my time at BP I learnt essential customer service, money handling and merchandising skills.

Enjoyable

Serving customers is what I love to do, whether the weather there was no dull moment or two moments the same. Being able to provide customer service with a smile is what I love to do. Although it was only for a short period of time, this is where I gained many skills that will stay with me and support my career in the future.

Pros

Free Friday lunch

Cons

Co Workers

average

great experience working for this company. nice and easy going environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at bp. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• bp
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?