Bank of New Zealand Management reviews

Great benefits - No room for error
Home loan Specialist Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, BM31 August 2019
Day at work is spent managing customers wanting loans to purchase houses or other financial needs such as renovations or car/boat purchases.

Management advises us to recommend solutions that best fit the customers needs, but still follow up with you if your sales drop.

The culture tries to be there, but often you are too busy with your work to participate during business hours.

Hardest part emotionally is telling people no for loans who are going through hard times, such as stricken with cancer or had a partner die. Hardest part physically is making sure that every deal meets regulations and the customer is not lying and you arnt losing the bank money. If you lose the Bank money, you are fired.

Helping customers into their first ever house is always the best part of the role and having excited conversations with them about it.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
One error can cost you your job
Wonderful people
Sr. Business Analyst (contactor) (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington25 October 2018
Pros: wonderful people who help and care, easy to work remotely, agile project management
Cons: open office with no assigned desks; really noisy at times
great staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington8 July 2018
generally a great place to work, however the targets and sales goals seem at times to be totally out of reach.

Over time I found the senior management seemed a bit out of touch with front line staff.
Pros
fantastic staff
Cons
stress over targets
Good start point
New Zealand (Former Employee) –  New Zealand26 June 2018
Good to learn comprehensive knowledge about business. Pay fee for professional study, however, the management team is not that strong in some department, personal development counts on yourself more than you team leader.
Pros
Friendly team
Cons
Unstable business structure
co workers were great helpful but the management doesn't practice the best practices of industry.
Data Analyst/Business Analyst as Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington13 August 2017
Its a good company to work with. they give you lot of flexibility options to work like work from home but not everyone is lucky though. they have good number of sick leaves etc, and good working culture
Pros
flexible in hours, free food and drinks every fridays
Cons
bad management practices in some departments
Productive and Commited - great focus on its people
IT Reporting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington9 May 2016
Awesome company and culture, great people and products to believe in with a solid IT infrastructure.
Good communication amongst team members and management.
A typical day would include time to check emails, quick stand up meetings and time spent with colleagues to diagnose and resolve incidents as well as projects that utilize personal skills and also every day is an experience which challenged myself which helped with development
Create culture, great people
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Harbour Quays, Wellington6 March 2016
Enjoyed working in the collections department, loved my team and enjoyed the varied workload and opportunities. Only discrepency would be the slack and unorganised management in our department.
Pros
Great building on the harbour, generous pay package, relaxed work environment
Cons
Bad managers
A day in the financial office
Corporate Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Auckland City22 May 2013
If I was to look back five years ago and someone asked me what I will be doing for a living, I would have never said working in the head-quarters of the Bank of New Zealand (BNZ); let alone become the main receptionist for that matter.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the ability to learn more about the organisation and the key clients that are affiliated with the company. I have built strong professional relationships with our clients and it amazes me that when a few of them see me walking along the street to my bustop, they will actually come up to me and we will have a brief conversation about the day and highlights. I have always been brought up to give everyone a chance and not to judge or stereotype them. In the corporate world I have learned to admire the work of executive team in how they are running the organisation but most of all I give most respect to the employees working in the departments which society will deem "the least important jobs" in what they do and to me, they are the unsung heroes.

Although I enjoy working as a receptionist and building networks, I always remind myself of my career goals in life and my ability to climb that corporate ladder that everyone strives for, being the face of BNZ can be an amazing role but being behind the face contributing to the success reputation of BNZ is even better.
Pros
Establishing relationships with the employees and visitors
Cons
In order to gain true respect, appreciation and loyalty, you’d have to break through many more walls than others. Be patient, but consistent in what you do