Beach Cafe

Beach Cafe Employee Reviews

4.0Work–Life Balance

Full on fun place to work.

Great little local cafe,felt like a little family . Everyone mucked in to get the job done. Very hard on your feet. Got to work in the kitchen preparing meals, serve on the till,make coffee,

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Very busy over summer and public holidays.

Undervalued and expected to come in at extremely short notice.

Advertised as a waitressing job, but was put in front of a sink and made to wash up for 8 hours a day instead. No contract despite being promised one. You'd be given a shift then told you're not needed about an hour before it started. Expected to work 8-10 hour shifts with one 20-minute break. If it's raining, told you're not needed so you don't get paid the shifts you're given.

Pros

Cons

No contract Undervalued

Beach cafe

Was a very friendly place to work, very nice people to work with it just wasn’t practical for me to get to, I would like somewhere more closer to home with a better pay

Start by washing up and then when it’s less busy I cleaned all of the tables and restocked the fridge and cutlery, a constant loop.

A normal day at work would be washing up, and then restocking and lightly cleaning the coffee when it’s less busy. I learnt how to deal with unhappy or inappropriate customers and a lot of important skills required to make a team work. The hardest part of the job was carrying all of the many plates to and from the table as sometimes it would be quite a long distance back to the kitchen as the Cafe was outside. The easiest part was

Down hill

I worked her for 6 months one week I was working 37-40 hours the next I was work 7-8 hours without notice I was scrambling to find a new job and begging to be trained as a server but denied advancement I reported a co worker for inappropriate behavior and it was swept under the rug like nothing happened I was devastated they had been through 2 gms 3 managers have left several cooks and have been through spud chefs terrible place to work don’t work here

productive and fun

i have gained great experience from this work place and it has helped me learn skills and has been fun in doing so i have also learnt how to make quick judgements.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

can be very tiring

Fun place to work with amazing management

The Beach cafe was an amazing place to work, everyone got along which made working better for the employees and more productive as it was easier to communicate without any tension. I learnt a lot of skills such as how to communicate with different types of people and how to work on my own initiative. The hardest part of the job was starting out because it's nerve-racking and learning to do everything to be able to meet satisfactory standards but with the help of the team and the management, it got easier day by day, it was also very hard at first to keep up with the busier days but once we strategised and stuck to our individual responsibilities we were able to pull through. The thing that made working there most enjoyable was that everyone got along which meant there was trust and no one had to feel singled out or out of place at work because there wasn't that wall of tension stopping you from doing your job.

Pros

Staff prices

Cons

longer hours in the summer

Beach Club Cafe and Bar Manager

This was a summer job for Merri Makers Catering, that provided me great leadership practice. We served over 200 beach club members including waiter service on the beach. I also managed the bar on the beach. It was a great place to work and connect with people.

Pros

by the ocean, great staff, great clients

Cons

Hot long days

Waitress

A typical day would involve checking the reservations for the day and setting up tables according to the reservations made, setting up work areas (coffee machine, ice-cream area), cleaning tables, benches etc. & refilling stock and produce. Always making sure to remain attentive and patient with customers. Doing what you can to ensure the customer is satisfied with your service.

Pros

Always on the go

Cons

Hours and shifts not guaranteed

I enjoyed every moment at Beach Cafe,Customers were great and work environment was great. I had a good relationship with customer and the management. I've learnt a lot of things,The experience I've got from Beach cafe will help me in the near future.

Pros

Free breakfast

Cons

Closing time

Relaxed work style

Working here is a pleasure with the view and workflow. It is a great opportunity for voluntary work to put on a resume. The difficulty of the work is easy and quick to learn.

Pros

Free lunch and drinks

nice

amazing reeallllly loved it the people were friendly however it has changed ownership so now i can't really describe how it should be to work there...

Fun, let you get on with your work

I arrived at typically 11 am during peak time I washed all plates and cups until peak time had then finished around 2-4 pm then was aloud to go home as this was my first job I enjoyed it.

Pros

Nice staff

Cons

Not enough hours

Fun but stressful

Working in a kitchen for a tourist attraction is something that's inevitably going to be full of horrible customers, luckily the amazing staff and management are more than compensatory for that. If you don't have much common sense, don't work here. It won't be good for anyone involved

Pros

Free food, fab manager

Cons

Long hours, come home smelling like grease

Productive work place.

Working here was very competitive and fun. It was very faced paced and very fulfilling. I wouldn't mind working here till I started my career but it is only seasonal .The managers are extremely nice and so are the boss. They try to do right by there employees the best way they can .

Pros

free lunches

Cons

far

Perfect Summer Job

With friendly staff and management it was the best summer job i had. Flexible hours and decent salary it gave me something to wake up for every morning.

Welcoming cafe

A place to develop people skills and confidence, a welcoming place to work and a good start to a long career. Workers were lovely to work with being patient and bubbly.

Pros

Meeting new people, developing people skills

Team working together.

I enjoy working with my team member and been face to face to customers. I like working with my team member to make sure the day runs smoothly. A typical day has a lot of rewards knowing that the job has been done in a friendly way so that customers feel like there want to back.

Productive and busy place

It is a lovely place to have worked in as the staff were supportive. Usually the cafe get's very busy (sometimes customers lining up outside), and the place is quite small. From here I learnt many useful skills such as helping out in the kitchen as a kitchen hand, making drinks, and cleaning. The hardest part of the job is staying energized in the middle of the day during a busy day. My favorite part about working here is meeting different people and communicating. I also enjoy the company of my co-workers as they were very supportive and manages roles well (such as cleaning and roster).

Cons

Long hours, under staffed

Full on

A typical day is a busy day. I have experience in catering and serving customers as my previous job was working at a waitress. I have confidence in communicating with a wide range of people. I worked along with hard working people who were supportive of each other. The hardest part of this job would be: On a super busy day, it gets too crowded and hard to manage to keep things in place such as dishes as the cafe was a small area.

Pros

Supportive co-workers

Cons

Small area

Hostile Working Environment

Not the worst job but was expected perfection out of things that aren't within reason. Overall the people were hostile to work with because of how competitive the restaurant was.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beach Cafe. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Beach Cafe
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?