Bed Bath & Beyond
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

New Zealand11 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,614 reviews

Safe, and comfortable work space, Clear Communication

I learned how to communicate clearly and continually. Staying focused, and enjoying the experience as it was my first job. I would go back, but I am looking for new challenges and workplaces, and bringing my qualities to other work environments and also getting experience from others and learning how to take those in and use it in the future.

It was something

Just wasn’t that something someone would be happy to attend daily cos the culture and vibes were dead. Hence a few workers I’ve met have told me they cannot wait to leave that place. But other co-workers were amazing!

Pros

Co-workers were cool

Cons

Management was stink

Fun and great management

Although I began in the Christmas time and it was the manager's first week it was an absolutely amazing place to work and I felt like part of a team..

chur

it was okay wasnt the greatest experience the way they run things needs to be improved, the bosses are unfair on some workers a lot of favouritism with in the workers and bosses other then that i gained alot of experience from this job

Productive and fun working environment.

I love working for bed bath and beyond but unfortunately they don’t have the available hours/ days that would suit my family life style work balanced.

Pros

Meeting new peoples

Cons

No, work life balanced

Fast paced environment, great people to work with! Slow advancement, barely acceptable raises, and no bonuses.

Great Brand, seek knowledge and it will be taught. If you are in management, get the salary you want when you are hired. Slow promotions and no bonuses, Raises are poor, People are great to work with. Fairly easy job. Most stores you are the coverage or have a small staff to help out. You will have various jobs that you have to take on and are not part of your day to day plan.

Pros

People

Cons

long day, short lunch

fun

it was a fun environment with places to be creative with bedroom displays.Being a seasonal store it was also fun seeing all the new seasonal items that came in especially for summer and Christmas

Fun working environment

A typical day at work consisted of serving customers, taking and packing orders. The people that worked here were all easy to get on with and happy to have a good laugh.

Team worker

Working with bede bath and beyond was a experience that I will never forget if you worked well on your own and as a team then you would make your work load alot easier. The hardest part of the job was being able to fit in time for yourself/

Pros

sheared lunches

extra mile

wide range of products and product knowledge with excellent customer service. great workmates and quality products, benefits. nice organisation of visual merchandising and pleasant environment. Love the changes in the display regularly

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bed Bath & Beyond?

a company with many challenges

My day started before opening hours so that I could reply to emails and do stock management. Then I would try to make room in the very tiny stock room and began unpacking, receiving and entering the huge amount of stock that was coming in and sitting in the middle of the store. Don't get me wrong I loved getting stock but I was receiving an unlimited number of boxes with too much repeat stock that I didnt order or need. Our number one priority should have been our customer but it had to be the stock for too many reasons to mention. I was on my own in the mornings for about 4-5 hours in order to adhere to the wages budget. The rest of the day included customer service, merchandising which I loved, pricing, and by the book staff training. We were not allowed to have staff meetings so staff concerns were not able to be met or new procedures implemented in an organized fashion. We only had one till/computer system, so entering everything that was required into the one system while serving customers became a challenge. Overall there were too many challenges. Solutions were offered but never accepted. I loved the merchandise and the customers were great. There was an on going stock replenishment problem that became detrimental to our overall success, particularly over the Christmas Holidays. These challenges made it very difficult to run an effective business but not entirely impossible.We still made budget,but how much more could have we accomplished given the right tools? , Systems training and Management training wasn't given enough priority. Summary... -

Pros

Fun Merchandise, good staff discount., some great Head office staff

Cons

Long hours, continuous challenges that didn't seem to have an acceptable solution.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9
2.9
  • Bed Bath & Beyond
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?