Bendon Employee Reviews

unsupported and bullied
Bra Fit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Te Rapa, Waikato4 February 2019
rumors and gossip were spread through the store by the management and a few staff which lead to no trust between staff and an unhealthy competitive sales environment. other stores in the company have a more friendly and a team like environment though. had so much anxiety and stress due to work that I ended up in A&E because of an extreme panic attack I had while at work. I ended up leaving because it was affecting my mental and physical health.
I also had my hours cut dramatically and all the hours during the holiday period were given to the casual workers and rosters were constantly changing.
Pros
above minimum wage, generous discount
Cons
hours cut, no set roster, no team trust, unsupportive management
Bra Fitter Fanatics
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury9 November 2017
- Training provided on how to perform a bra fitting.
- Staff are all very approachable and welcoming.
- Awesome bonus and target schemes.
- Exciting stock that you can really be passionate about selling.
Pros
Discounts on products.
Cons
In busy shopping periods it can be hard to juggle having a break.
Great work mates
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland26 August 2017
When l first started with company was really happy and enjoyed working for them.
Over time senior management changed became very impersonal and no appreciation
Productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Airport Oaks, N3 November 2015
Always busy, but the work was just so much fun.
Learnt that there are different sorts of Bra's & Briefs.
Co-workers are GREAT! Friend people who became family.
Hardest part of the job was probably the start, but I didn't complain. Always looked forward to going to work. Enjoyable part, was arriving to work and getting straight into it.
Pros
Meeting great people
Cons
Nothing.

Comment – 23 June 2016

Thanks for leaving a comment. It is true that there are different sort of bras and briefs and you get to learn how technical these products, especially the bras, can be when you work in this business. When you add the multiple number of brands, designs that change every season, different sizes and colours, it makes a massive warehouse. Thanks to our warehouse operators who work hard to keep our orders on track!

Good environment and fun
Process Work (Current Employee) –  Auckland, N22 March 2015
Easy to learn and adapt.
I learned the whole process from changing brand labels from one to another and repackage ready for sale and wholes orders inNew Zealand and Australia.

Comment – 23 June 2016

Thanks for leaving a comment. We are happy to hear you had a easy learning experience within a short space at Bendon.

Fun, productive work environment
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Auckland, N2 July 2013
In the five plus years with the company I have learnt to be very versatile as company policies constantly change with head office changes. Good perks, i.e. staff discounts.

Comment – 23 June 2016

Thanks for leaving a comment and congratulations on your five plus years at Bendon. Considering our growth and fast pace nature of this business and retail, no doubt the past five years would have seen you experience change. We are happy to hear it helped you learn to be very versatile. All the best!