BestStart Educare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

BestStart Educare Employee Reviews

New Zealand9 reviews
I would like to work there again , if I get a chance. The place is relaxing and friendly, dealing with kids and understanding their view of life. It is a nice place to work, there is no stress.
-help and assist in arranging childcare set up

-organisation and planning of children's various activities and meals

-coworkers are team players and helpful to everyone

-diverse workplace and very welcoming staff

-always need to keep an eye of safety hazard for kids and arranging various toys and materials for the kids

-fun to work and play with kids and no paper work
I am a certified teacher and enjoyed my job. I would like to try something different and only work part time and enjoy my home and my grandchildren. Dealing with young children full time is getting stressful to me. This is the reason why I want to try something different with flexible hours.
Offer a token amount over minimum employment requirements, ie: sick days. Minimum is five, Beststart offer ten to full-time teachers; considering the nature of ECE teaching, it's not enough.

Pay is poor. Experience isn't valued.

Only happy to offer internal PD.

Reluctant to employ extra teachers despite increasing rolls.
I just have to looked after all the children and played with them, but the job wasnt easy like that. The hardest part I have to deal with is problems when the children got accidents. This is number one task to be a teacher.
Pros
happy times with kids
Cons
stress
Supportive employers who genuinely care for their employees. So many great career opportunities which you are supported along the way by inspiring people. I started as an unqualified reliever, become a qualified teacher, head teacher and now centre manager! Awesome support and the organisation offers many benefits such as regular PD, mentoring support for beginning teachers, subsidized childcare and health insurance! Great decision joining BestStart, I have never looked back :)
Pros
The knowledgable people
I love working for BestStart they are an amazing corporation. Feels like one big family. I have learned so much in my time with BestStart would recommend them as employers
Pros
Amazing management and teams
I love working for beststart. I have had the pleasure of working with beststart for two years all in which i have completed my registration and am on my way to ht position already. The company have seen my potential and have supported my along this journey. Each day is fun and enjoyable knowing my job is safe and that i am part of the big picture making change and contributing to the changing culture of ece.
Pros
Staff socials, inclusive pd, inclusiclve cultural celebrations, pay increases, positive team culture, protection from policies and company handbooks
Cons
Unfit relievers, some staff doing minimum effort and no action taken
I started at BestStart in a Head Teacher Role. With the guidance and support plus awesome learning opportunities I am now a proud Centre Manager.

I have been able to attended internal courses that have supported my transition into the Centre Manager role. There are great career opportunities for everyone within the company.

Annual pay reviews each year which is aligned with the Centre performance and occupancy and recognises peoples hard work and dedication.
Pros
Discounted childcare, free health insurance, paid teacher certification and first aid, great PD, most of all FUN